Manitou Mach 5 SX fork - free to a good home- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Manitou Mach 5 SX fork - free to a good home

I have a Manitou Mach 5 SX, black/yellow, that I have no need for, and hopefully someone can use it for some kind of restoration or rebuild. The fork is probably from about 1996/97/98, but don't quote me on that. The fork has cantilever posts, a brake hanger for non V-brakes, and a 1" threaded steerer, 165 mm long. Pay for shipping to your location and it is yours. PM me here and we can sort it out. I am located in Boulder, Colorado if you want to pick the fork up in person.

Note: This is kind of an ad, and I have not paid for an MTBR ad, but I contacted Rumpfy about this. Since no money is changing hands, other than shipping, he felt that it was okay.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Former Bike Wrench
    It's a 1996 and judging by the picture...that looks more like a 1 1/8" steerer (looks the same diameter as the fork legs)

mtbr member
    hey steve,

if it is indeed a 1" steerer, i'll take it off your hands... (could pick it up on monday).

let me know.

terry
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    That's the 1" steerer alright, I've owned enough Mach-5s to spot the crown/steerer differences. And all Answer-made Manitou forks had a minimum 1 1/8" diameter stanchion tubes.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    finally getting around to using this (thanks, steve)...

question: i've only been able to find a manual online for '98; is the '96 version any different?

also, deeight, in another thread from earlier this year you stated you might have some elastomers for this model? (not sure i'll need them yet).

thanks.
    -

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    finally getting around to using this (thanks, steve)...

question: i've only been able to find a manual online for '98; is the '96 version any different?

also, deeight, in another thread from earlier this year you stated you might have some elastomers for this model? (not sure i'll need them yet).

thanks.
    I just rebuilt my '97 SX Ti and have the manual. If you need a copy after the new year, I can scan it to a pdf at work. LMK

mtbr member
    I've got a manual for this fork, I'll see if I can get it scanned for you. There's not a whole lot to the fork, and instead of elastomers, I'd look for a spring kit on ebay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drag_slick
    I've got a manual for this fork, I'll see if I can get it scanned for you. There's not a whole lot to the fork, and instead of elastomers, I'd look for a spring kit on ebay.
    thanks, that'd be great...
    -

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I think I have an old pair of (still working) englund air cartridges that fit that fork if you are interested. I had them in my '96 mach 5 xc. I think they are still in my moms basement somewhere.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Man, I'd take that in a heartbeat. I have an old DB I'm rebuilding and finding a 1" steerer is a pain in the rear end.

mtbr member
    Hey gotdirt... PM sent..

At Work
    I ran the speed springs also. Even played with one leg with the sping and the other with the elastamers.
    TREK EX9 27.5

NINER MCR 9 (Moondust)

GIANT REVOLT ADVANCED 1

Members who have read this thread: 0