mtbr member

Late 90s Era Ted Wojcik FS bike

I recently acquired this 4" Travel Ted Wojcik - I think it is around a 1998 era frame - how many more years until this could be classified as a retro bike?

It's decked out with 8 speed SRAM and a lot of Sycnros components including seatpost, revolution cranks and bb, bars, and I also have the Syncros stem (but I'm missing the angled top cap). Hopefully I can score a top cap from somewhere but until then I'm going to be running a Salsa Moto Ace stem up front.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Maurice at Dirt Rag used to own one....

Drop him a line. www.dirtragmag.com

Thumbs Up!

It sure has potential...

Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    I recently acquired this 4" Travel Ted Wojcik - I think it is around a 1998 era frame - how many more years until this could be classified as a retro bike?

It's decked out with 8 speed SRAM and a lot of Sycnros components including seatpost, revolution cranks and bb, bars, and I also have the Syncros stem (but I'm missing the angled top cap). Hopefully I can score a top cap from somewhere but until then I'm going to be running a Salsa Moto Ace stem up front.

and Ted has the credentials. (long time custom builder, high weld quality, local legend, etc) First Flight Bikes recently added a section devoted to Ted's work. One small drawback is that they are still being made to order.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
    Mike Tyson

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by J Ro
    and Ted has the credentials. (long time custom builder, high weld quality, local legend, etc) First Flight Bikes recently added a section devoted to Ted's work. One small drawback is that they are still being made to order.

he is? I heard rumors that he was pretty sick and wasnt building any more. Its better if he wasnt but that what I had heard.

Nice bike...is that the Battle rear? Looks beefier than the spindly Amp rear ends I have seen on other Ted fullys
    rise above

mtbr member

Battle it is!

Yep it's a Battle rear end. It was Narlus' old bike as a matter of fact.

Is Battle bikes still in business? If so, how does one contact them, and if not, does anyone know how to contact any of the people behind the company?

Auntesther - there is a interview with Ted in the latest Dirtrag Magazine, and yep he's still building and responding to emails etc. etc!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Yep it's a Battle rear end. It was Narlus' old bike as a matter of fact.

Is Battle bikes still in business? If so, how does one contact them, and if not, does anyone know how to contact any of the people behind the company?

Auntesther - there is a interview with Ted in the latest Dirtrag Magazine, and yep he's still building and responding to emails etc. etc!

Funny that was Tims...I was going to say I knew someone with a Ted with the Battle rear end...nice rig.

I dont think Battle is still around but I dont know for certain.

I will go get me a DirtRag on the way home tonite! Thanks
    rise above

mtbr member
    I would love to find out if there were still around in case any of the stays need replacing etc. etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by auntesther
    he is? I heard rumors that he was pretty sick and wasnt building any more. Its better if he wasnt but that what I had heard.

Nice bike...is that the Battle rear? Looks beefier than the spindly Amp rear ends I have seen on other Ted fullys
    I heard the same thing a few years ago, not long after www.tedwojcik.com dissapeared.

Seems like he is back, with a new web site http://www.tedwojcikbikes.com/

I had the pleasure of meeting him about ten years ago - real nice guy.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Go to...

www.dirtragmag.com & click on Builder Profile. This issue is all about Ted. Should clear up a lot. Wow. I forgot 'bout Battle Mtn Bikes. From Wyoming , right?

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    www.dirtragmag.com & click on Builder Profile. This issue is all about Ted. Should clear up a lot. Wow. I forgot 'bout Battle Mtn Bikes. From Wyoming , right?
    Last I knew about Battle was that they had worked with Dean, even shared a web site with Dean for a while, then they dissapeared. I think they still showed up on Google in Wyoming.

That's all I know.

Still remember drooling over the Amp Clone Battle Rear and Ti Nevil front. Campy Drivetrain and all. One of the first duallies I drooled over.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...