"Kliane" "Klein" "Quasi Moto" "Paul"- Mtbr.com

May 2006

"Kliane" "Klein" "Quasi Moto" "Paul"

Well, I finally got the famous "Kliane" frame (the black one). Took way too long, the seller lied twice about it being shipped. But it finally came...and darn, it has the old style press in bearing bottom bracket ..do I have one?...NO! So off to Recycled Cycles to see if they've got one or a Chamfered Mavic in the right size...NOPE!

Oh well, I need some other pieces so I start looking around. They always have quite a few bare frames (I think I have more ) for sale hanging from hooks, so I take a look...Hmmm! that looks like an early Klein Pinnacle (the blue one) just aboout like mine and this one has the bottom bracket ..so I check the price...$REASONABLE! ..into my stash it goes. I'll use the bracket on mine and resell the frame...or save it for another day

Then one of my buddies points out another frame and says "it's priced to go", I look over and its a Titus Quasi-Moto ! I ask whats up with it and he says it's missing a pivot bracket bolt (turns out they were wrong, it's another pivot adjustment point ). It's a large, not my size, but I check the price on this one just for fun ...$EVEN MORE REASONABLE! ..dang, can't pass that up

Anyhow I took my goodies home, swapped out the bottom bracket, put on a headset and a fork and it started raining....oh well, it's dinner time anyway, tomorrow I'm gonna have some more fun.

Oh, also picked up some nice Pauls brake levers. Someone put them together backwards but they are totally adjustable/reversable...another good score.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stan4bikes; 08-18-2007 at 10:49 PM.

VRC Illuminati
    You really shouldn't tell anyone about recycled cycles. Keep that gem all to yourself.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

May 2006
    I know, but there's enough to go around. Besides, only I know my secret to getting good deals!

Carsten
    it's really not worth the hassle of swapping the bottom brackets. the bearings are standard 6003 RSR which are available for a few $$ at any bearing shop and the spindle can be found too if you know which length you need.

Carsten

May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten
    it's really not worth the hassle of swapping the bottom brackets. the bearings are standard 6003 RSR which are available for a few $$ at any bearing shop and the spindle can be found too if you know which length you need.

Carsten
    yeah, but I wanted it NOW .I actually have some fresh bearings, but these were good and it only took 20 minutes to swap it out. I was cookin' some Babybacks (hmmmm, rubbed with a little Chipolte pepper, German Garlic, Sea Salt and a just a dash of fresh ground Rosemary) and drinkin' some ice cold beer so it was all good .
    Last edited by stan4bikes; 08-18-2007 at 09:50 PM.

mtbr member

Quasi

Absolutely lovely Quasi-Moto! I have always digged them and I was about to buy a pink XS one for my better half some 3 years ago but the seat mast system was too tall for her so she got a Specialized Epic instead.

Members who have read this thread: 0