John Tomac is selling off his stuff!- Mtbr.com
    VRC Illuminati

John Tomac is selling off his stuff!

I guess I should be the one to post this...
    It's quickly making it's rounds through the vintage MTB world.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1260

Trust me, my email has been sent...anxiously waiting a reply.

I just don't see dropping $100 for the Farmer John tire though...but the frames...yeeeah...
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    The $500 for a Manitou 1 is silly too, race decals matching his frame or not. I sold a complete restored one for like $100 awhile ago.

The $2k for the frames, that I'm sure Tucker will spend since its on his wish list for his carbon bikes museum/collection.

As to tires. I still got a mountain of NOS 24" and 26" x 1.95 Tioga Farmer Johns available, and they're a lot less than $100 per tire. Also other NOS tires... 26" x 1.95 Tioga Mud Dawgs and Trail Dawgs and Farmer John's Cousins. Also adding to the vintage tires, 26" x 2.0 Joe Murray Reactions, 26" x 2.0 Joe Murray Propulsions, 26 x 2.2" Joe Murray Maximums, 26 x 2.2" Joe Murray Equilibriums, 24" and 26" x 2.0 IRC Racer X-1 Pros, 26 x 1.75 IRC Racer X-1s, 26 x 2.0" IRC Racer X-1 Peaks, 26" x 2.0 IRC Racer Super 12s.

I think I'm set for 80s/90s restoration projects needing original vintage tires.

artistic...

hey i saw that chance/mongoose frame around here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    I guess I should be the one to post this...
    It's quickly making it's rounds through the vintage MTB world.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1260

Trust me, my email has been sent...anxiously waiting a reply.

I just don't see dropping $100 for the Farmer John tire though...but the frames...yeeeah...
    the owner was asking if it was a legitimate fat... no it's not; it's a chance made for tomac only...

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    the owner was asking if it was a legitimate fat... no it's not; it's a chance made for tomac only...
    I remember seeing the Fat/Tioga/Tomac frame as well...

I sent the email out this morning with no replys as of yet from the email address provided.
    He's either at work of has been slammed with emails from a whole lot of people.

I can't quite decide is this is a shady deal or not. I think I'd want to talk to JT directly or at least get a COA for that kind of money...
    -eric-

mtbr member

I sent the email out this morning with no replys as of yet from the email address provided.

I can't quite decide is this is a shady deal or not. I think I'd want to talk to JT directly or at least get a COA for that kind of money...
    Looks like plenty of room for an autograph on that Sugino wheel Eric! If it isn't the real deal and John finds out about it there will be some feedback I'm sure. But for what it's worth it looks clean to me. Maybe they're just deciding if they really want to part with that stuff or not....
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

mtbr member

All is sold except for the front disc wheel and the Farmer John....Its a legit sale. It was actually sold a few days before Singletrackworld even posted it.

That front disc wheel is quite interesting though!

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    All is sold except for the front disc wheel and the Farmer John....Its a legit sale. It was actually sold a few days before Singletrackworld even posted it.

That front disc wheel is quite interesting though!
    Bummer. Not surprised they went so quick.
    All teasin' me, getting hopes up an' stuff...

At least now I don't have to sell off all my bikes and every part I own!

How and who was well enough connected to get the frames?!
    -eric-

Feb 2004

Yardsales

Did anyone else ever go to Tomacs famous yardsales when he lived in Durango? A lot of unique stuff was on hand at those including his old Yeti stuff.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by minkhiller
    Did anyone else ever go to Tomacs famous yardsales when he lived in Durango? A lot of unique stuff was on hand at those including his old Yeti stuff.
    Say whaaa?
    Please don't tease.
    -eric-

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Tomac Yardsales

The only Tomac yardsales I was familiar with was when I use try and hopelessly attempt to imitate the Tomes DH skills at the local DH races . . . sure enough I'd host my own impressive "yardsale" somewhere on the course . . . .

www.downhillracing.com for a picture of me doing the old school DH thing on a Raleigh MT 600. Look closely and you'll notice some badly bent seat rails from one of my "Tomac inspired" yardsales!