• 05-13-2007
    Rob M.
    I found an American Breezer
    As I was making my rounds around Montana and Wyoming last week I ran across an American Breezer for sale. I do not get anything if this bike sells I am just passing along some information. I was visiting Steve at Summit Bike and Ski in Bozeman Mt. (406-587-1064) and while in his basement checking it out I noticed what I thought was aa American and asked Steve if it was an American (no decals). Steve said it was and that it was a Breezer. It is there on consignment. Looks like a 16" or 18", I am not sure of the parts spec. but I did notice a purple King headset and purple Ringle seat post, I also noticed a Chrome fork. Sorry no photos. The bike did look like it was in good shape. I think they are asking $425.00. Good luck and happy trails.
  • 05-14-2007
    IF52
    Any pictures? Not interested in buying, but interested in seeing. I worked with this guy in the early 90s named Josh Nowells (sp?) who was an OT pro on the east coast and I recall him riding an 'American' something or other as his mod bike. Polished aluminum with this fork that had massive aluminum legs. For the life of me I can't find any pictures of 'American' mtn bikes and it is driving me nuts.
  • 05-14-2007
    IF52
    Never mind, I figured it out. I was missing the Joe Breeze connection there. I think Josh's trials bike was an American M16 with some kind of one off fork.
  • 05-14-2007
    ssmike
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob M.
    ... I also noticed a Chrome fork.

It's possible (likely) the fork is a chromed Koski as that's the fork I recall being on those bikes.
  • 05-14-2007
    Rumpfy
    Hey Rob, did it look similar to this one?

• 05-14-2007
    Rob M.
    Rumphy,
    That looks like the bike to me. No decals and no adjustable stem.
  • 12-05-2012
    shawnw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Hey Rob, did it look similar to this one?

Old post for sure. -e- you have been liking these for a while. What happened to this one?
  • 12-05-2012
    Rumpfy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Old post for sure. -e- you have been liking these for a while. What happened to this one?

Sorta. I've only more recently decided I should have one to try/own.

IIRC, the price tag on that one was on the high side of $1000. At the time of that picture, vintage mtb's were cheap and easy to get!
  • 12-08-2012
    AKamp
    Absolute in Salida had my old one hanging up for years. I don't know if it is still there or not but might be worth a call.
  • 12-08-2012
    banks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AKamp View Post
    Absolute in Salida had my old one hanging up for years. I don't know if it is still there or not but might be worth a call.

It is there. Not for sale. :thumbsup:
  • 12-08-2012
    AKamp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by banks View Post
    It is there. Not for sale. :thumbsup:

Is the Shawn's Ham still there also. Why haven't we ever seen pics of it on here!!!
  • 12-08-2012
    DoubleCentury
    1 Attachment(s)
    Two for One
  • 12-08-2012
    AKamp
    Close to 2 for 1 but that Breezer was another guys that I am pretty sure we called Captain Klein but now that I think of it I don't know why we called him that. He used to own the lumber mill in Flag if I remember right. When my old Breezer (#130) got sold it had an IRD front end with an IRD U-Brake on the back. The Breezer pictured is no where near as shiny as it used to be, actually I don't think I ever saw a speck of dust on it.