Hoo-Koo-E-Koo Axle to crown?- Mtbr.com
    Bike Freak

Hoo-Koo-E-Koo Axle to crown?

Hey, I am going to be building a new fork for my old Hoo-Koo-E-Koo and I need to know the axle to crown measurement.

I don't know the year of the frame but "da'HOOV" posted a pic of it awhile back.
    My bikes [Fe][C]ycles

dirtbag
    Remove the front wheel. Measure from axle to crown with a ruler or tape measure. Easy.
    Amolan

dirtbag
    Oh, yeah... pretty cool Fisher. I loves me some e-stays.
    Amolan

Bike Freak
    My bad, I think I need to clarify a little bit. The bike pictured above is not mine, it is a picture that "dahoov" posted awhile back when I asked for a picture of one. Since then I have managed to get back my old frame that I had sold. Back when I had owned the bike I had bent the front fork while doing some rather large jumps on it and the bike shop replaced it with some after-market fork. Being that the fork is after-market, I am not sure if the axel-crown measurement is the same as it was when the bike originally came out.
    My bikes [Fe][C]ycles

dirtbag
    hmm... from the looks of that pic and the vintage, I'd guess around 425cm-ish range. Doesn't look like the fork is suspension corrected. What year is that Fisher?

Do you like the handling of the after market fork or the original? That'd probably nudge you in the right direction as far as A2C length.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I believe the estay era was 90-94 which in most cases would be a non suspended length of 395mm. My Redline 55 is similar to that frame and measures 395.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Smedley View Post
    I believe the estay era was 90-94 which in most cases would be a non suspended length of 395mm. My Redline 55 is similar to that frame and measures 395.
    Most likely this.
    In general, early 90s bikes were typically around 395. Mid 90s "suspension corrected" bikes were generally around 410 - 420
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

Bike Freak
    Quote Originally Posted by ranier View Post
    hmm... from the looks of that pic and the vintage, I'd guess around 425cm-ish range. Doesn't look like the fork is suspension corrected. What year is that Fisher?

Do you like the handling of the after market fork or the original? That'd probably nudge you in the right direction as far as A2C length.
    After I sold the bike it was never taken care of and the BB will not spin at all. My plan is to strip the paint, cut off the BB and install an eccentric BB. So, I can't just take the bike for a ride unfortunately. As for the year, I want to say either '92 or '93 maybe? I do know that it was NOT suspension corrected.
    My bikes [Fe][C]ycles

dirtbag
    Quote Originally Posted by trailville View Post
    Most likely this.
    In general, early 90s bikes were typically around 395. Mid 90s "suspension corrected" bikes were generally around 410 - 420
    Wow, didn't realize they were that short. I have a Klein with the original rigid fork and the tire tucks right up to the fork crown. It steers pretty quick. I compared it to a 425cm fork I had in the garage and it's much shorter.

jgerhardt, eccentric BB? Are you gonna SS it? E-stay config lend itself to belt drive set up nicely.
    Amolan

Bike Freak
    The aftermarket fork is at my shop, I will check it out on monday and see what it measures at.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranier View Post
    ...eccentric BB? Are you gonna SS it? E-stay config lend itself to belt drive set up nicely.
    Yep, I am going to convert it to a single speed with a chain at first just to see how stiff those E-stays are. If it proves stiff enough and I like the ride of the bike I might invest in a belt drive system.
    It is going to be mostly for the practice but also just to see how the bike rides. Gary Fisher used his own internal type of BB with this bike and I can't simply swap it out with another one.
    I had thought about going all out and adding a disc tab to the seatstay along with a support brace to the chainstay.
    My bikes [Fe][C]ycles