Help with value of old Bridgestone.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Help with value of old Bridgestone.

I am thinking of selling my MB-0 to help pay for a new road bike. Its just about perfect, all stock, Suntour XC pro with Mavic cranks and hobs. Original tires, reflectors, the whole nine yards. I doubt there is a nicer one around. What kind of money do guys think it might bring on Ebay? Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Check the "sold" items on eBay. It's fairly common to see an MB-0 on eBay. If it's a popular size you'll get more money. I'd expect it to go for $500 or more, as there are a lot of Bridgestone fanatics out there.

To me the '93 or '94 MB-1 are the bikes to have.

VRC Illuminati
    Never take a MB-1 over a Zip!

If your Zip is in as good a shape as this one...the guy was looking to get $900 for his. He still has it. I will say that it probably has under 20 miles on it...

Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Check the "sold" items on eBay. It's fairly common to see an MB-0 on eBay. If it's a popular size you'll get more money. I'd expect it to go for $500 or more, as there are a lot of Bridgestone fanatics out there.

To me the '93 or '94 MB-1 are the bikes to have.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Never take a MB-1 over a Zip!

Not true - the lugged frames were definitely more durable - especially moreso than the '90 Zip, as many of the tubesets that Ritchey got from Tange were not heat treated. That's why so many of the early Zips broke. The '91 is the Zip to have. That's a really nice one in the pic.

I acquired one a few years back, a '91. It has a few cosmetic chips, but the components are pretty much brand new. It's still a sweet riding bike.

With concern to the value of Zips, the '91s with original parts usually go for $700-$1500 depending on condition and demand at the time. The '90 version sells for substantially less. Easiest way to tell the difference is that the '91 has the Mavic crank, '90 has a Specialized Crank.

As far as the MB-1's go, I'd most like to have the '92. It still has the normal Logic fork - the later fork style was sweet and felt great for road and mild off roading, but had some problems with breakage. Those forks usually go for good $$ on ebay because so many folks need them. Any '94 Bridgestone isn't worth nearly as much as others. Most Bstone fans consider '94 to be the beginning of the end, when Grant Peterson caved to consumer demand and spec'd bikes that were more "normal."

I'm still looking for my orange '93 55cm XO-1 to compliment my Zip and my RB1. I've come across a few in pristine condition but couldn't afford them at the time!

Forgive the long spiel - I love Bridgestones.

uh, or something!

zip

i had a 91 zip back in the day and beat it up pretty good. last year I got nostagic and found an almost perfect one on ebay - all original and almost new. i chased it and ended up spending $860 on it. my friends took one look at it and thought it was virtually never ridden off rode. the mavic crank didn't even have any rub marks on it.

mtbr member
    Slightly OT, i just bought a MB-2, just the frame, to set up as a fair weather retro-bike. Any info on this frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by erol/frost
    Slightly OT, i just bought a MB-2, just the frame, to set up as a fair weather retro-bike. Any info on this frame?
    Everything you ever wanted to know about Bridgestone, but where afraid to ask:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Combat Wombat

1991 Mb-2.

Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Everything you ever wanted to know about Bridgestone, but where afraid to ask:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/
    When I first started mountainbiking, I wanted one of these in the worst kind of way. Never seen one first hand, but I wore the pages out of the issue of Bicycling that had the article and pictures. At the time, what they wanted for one of these red and white beauties seemed like an enormous amount. I ever find one in descent shape and I will have to take it home.

Brian