• 02-05-2010
    Catamount Rider
    Help: Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo w/ elevated stays
    I was in the local Sanford & Sons kind of shop and found a bike that I might get.

Just need help with the year and any info on it as a web search didn't yield any useful info.

Sorry, no picture didn't have my camera on me.

Specs as I can recall:

Frame:
    Bright neon orange Hoo Koo E Koo frame with elevated chainstays. All graphics are in black decals and there is a fish graphic on the seatpost. The frame resembles a Nishiki e-stay bike. Tubing was steel, not the thin old school tubes, but rather aluminum-like in diameter with not so perfect looking TIG weld joins.

Fork:
    Manitou II or I that is seized and no longer compressing.

Brakes:
    Shimano Cantilever

Shifters:
    XT thumbies

Stem:
    Black profile with cantilever pulley

Anyone have the scoop on this frame.
  • 02-05-2010
    yo-Nate-y
    You should be able to find what you need in the Fisher spec list on MOMBAT.
  • 02-05-2010
    da'HOOV
    1 Attachment(s)
    best I can do is a pic...
    I sold this one about 2 years ago for around $125 if I recall. Not much interest in it. I was disappointed cause it was so clean and prety much original.
  • 02-05-2010
    eastcoaststeve
    Stan, wish you would have saved those tires for me :)

Steve
  • 02-05-2010
    da'HOOV
    wish I woulda kept em for ME!
  • 02-05-2010
    Catamount Rider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y
    You should be able to find what you need in the Fisher spec list on MOMBAT.

Thanks for the link. I am new to the wonderful world of old mountain bikes, still learning about all the good resources.
  • 02-05-2010
    Catamount Rider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by da'HOOV
    I sold this one about 2 years ago for around $125 if I recall. Not much interest in it. I was disappointed cause it was so clean and prety much original.

That's it indeed! Thank you.

Except the one I saw seems to have been upgraded to a Manitou II fork. Photos don't properly portray how NEON that orange really is in person.

It's not as clean as your's was. Looks like it's been collecting dust for the past 15 years. They want $175 for it.
  • 02-05-2010
    Catamount Rider
    Link was very useful, thank you again.

I found this e-stay Montare from 1991, so I am guessing this Hoo Koo E Koo is from around the same time (give or take a year).

• 02-06-2010
    bikewrench
    I'd buy it just to have an e-stay frame. Always wanted one BID, but never could pony up the $$ at that age. Still hope to one day pick up an Ultimate.
  • 02-06-2010
    DSFA
    I had a Montare. You could tell it was made to climb because it was a 17" frame, and set for me (5' 10") the seat was over the rear hub and you were stretched out with the 130mm stem that was like 6" lower than the saddle. So perfect when climbing, so-so on flats and sketchy downhill.
  • 02-06-2010
    mechagouki
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Catamount Rider

It's not as clean as your's was. Looks like it's been collecting dust for the past 15 years. They want $175 for it.

IMHO that's kind of pricey for a Deore LX equipped bike with a seized fork. I just paid considerably less for a full XT equipped Montare.
  • 02-06-2010
    yo-Nate-y
    I agree that is priced on the high side, even if it were in great condition.
  • 02-06-2010
    da'HOOV
    that was kinda my point in my post. but maybe they don't come up often in the OP's area.
  • 02-06-2010
    Catamount Rider
    Thanks for the price tips. I will pass on it. The shop was firm at $175 and it's no where near the great shape of the one da'HOOV sold for $125.