GT LTS Team Find- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

GT LTS Team Find

I came across this today, couldn't pass the 50.00 price tag. I know it's well worn, but the price was right. Haven't cleaned it up yet..

nobody
    I don't think that's a Team LTS. From what I can see of the spec it looks like a LTS-2 circa 1996. I don't remember them offering that color though...maybe it was repainted?

Nice score for $50 though.
    I'm what Willis was talkin' about

I'm from the streets!!
    Sep 2008
    Looks great, but I don't think a team bike would come with a quad 21. Great steal!

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Nor with LX/XT drivetrain. The Team's only ever came with polished frames. It looks like someone repainted and decaled up a 1996 LTS-2 to match the colour of the fork and passed it off as a Team model.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004
    I just picked up Mike King's old LTS-Team from 94 - the year he wore the rainbow jersey!

Proto Rock Shox Coupe Deluxe RTS shock and all...

defender of bad taste
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by richieb
    I just picked up Mike King's old LTS-Team from 94 - the year he wore the rainbow jersey!

Proto Rock Shox Coupe Deluxe RTS shock and all...
    Pix please Richie!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I seem to remember that the upper link plate that the shock mounts to, was titanium on the team models

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004

Crappy iphone pics

Sorry guys - there are the best I have right now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT LTS Team Find-img_0113_edited-1.jpg  

GT LTS Team Find-img_0112_edited-1.jpg  

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004
    Full m900, Wheelsmith-built and numbered Mavic 217 CD Ceramics, AC Post. Fork is non-period, but the rest is pretty cool.

Got it from an ex BMX pro who says he got it from King. That's pretty cool! These ALL came stock with Noleen shocks - this is the only Rock Shox RTS shoch I've ever seen.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I had an LTS 1 with XT and the adjustable travel insert in the linkage. That frame with the upgraded sealed bearing kit was a pretty nice ride for the time.

Richieb you mention that bike being an LTS, but that's an RTS right? Good looking and unique ride either way, and to the OP nice find and a great buy!
    Last edited by N10S; 01-28-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004
    sorry - meant rts - typo

mtbr member
    Mrs. Bigfoot rides a very well preserved LTS of that vintage. It still works great! Few new suspension designs work much better than an LTS with fresh bushings and shock.

Air Pirate
    Bigfoot, I second that thought on the ride quality of the LTS. If have a 97 LTS-1 that feels more neutral in handling than many of the newer bikes I have tried. By neutral I mean the thing just fades into the background when you ride it, never fighting you, just smoothly going alond with whatever you ask of it. No oversteer, no understeer, no suspension weirdness. Just completely balanced.

mtbr member
    definately not a team with that aluminum linkage and deluxe shock plus bottom of the barrel components. 50 bucks is still worth it though.

Members who have read this thread: 0