girlonbike official search party. Anybody heard from her?- Mtbr.com
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury

girlonbike official search party. Anybody heard from her?

Seems she hasnít posted for a year. Hope all is well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Shame; don't get here much, but she was a great mod among much lesser ones.

Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    No idea, but this forum in general, has basically died.

Fos`l, don't know what I did to you, but I'm the other mod here, and I don't recall us having a problem, so color me confused.

I tried long and hard to bridge the gap created by the OG members, but their framework left little room for growth, It was like a museum that refused to update it's displays, for 50+ years.

Since the die is now kinda cast, she, and many other of the CA crowd, have joined each other on FaceBook groups (I assume, as I avoid that mess like the plague).

But I do hope she's doing okay, and yes, I'd noted her not being around much as of late. I just assumed it was with the exodus all the other grouchier members made.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    GOB didn't join any of the FB groups, but also is not doing much at all with vintage bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post

Fos`l, don't know what I did to you, but I'm the other mod here, and I don't recall us having a problem, so color me confused.

I tried long and hard to bridge the gap created by the OG members, but their framework left little room for growth, It was like a museum that refused to update it's displays, for 50+ years.

Since the die is now kinda cast, she, and many other of the CA crowd, have joined each other on FaceBook groups (I assume, as I avoid that mess like the plague).

But I do hope she's doing okay, and yes, I'd noted her not being around much as of late. I just assumed it was with the exodus all the other grouchier members made.
    Please accept my most profuse apology. I neither meant nor implied you or anyone on this sub-forum, but was referring to another one. This sub-forum should be vital since IMO old bikes are still cool. I ride my late 80's Diamondback Axis or Schwinn High Sierra occasionally and still enjoy them immensely. Again, I'm sorry.

artistic...

Now i feel old.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

Fos'l, no worries, thanks for clearing that up, as I said, I was simply confused!

Hey guys, yeah, there's still a few around, and thanks for not being quite as curmudgeonly as a number of the others. I've been here almost 15 years, and still, the date ranges for acceptable entry would be the same. I don't want 5 year old stuff in here either, but man, let's have a little flexibility?

Thanks for chiming in DC. She must be a lot like me then, I've kinda lost steam on VRC stuff, life is busy, only so much time and money for so many things....

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

artistic...
    Fos'l, no worries, thanks for clearing that up, as I said, I was simply confused!

Hey guys, yeah, there's still a few around, and thanks for not being quite as curmudgeonly as a number of the others. I've been here almost 15 years, and still, the date ranges for acceptable entry would be the same. I don't want 5 year old stuff in here either, but man, let's have a little flexibility?

Thanks for chiming in DC. She must be a lot like me then, I've kinda lost steam on VRC stuff, life is busy, only so much time and money for so many things....
    New bikes are entirely different animals and better in all aspects. There was a transitional period when vintage bikes had more class and as good performance than what was on the LBS floor; rigid forks could be said better on the trails than a Judy... but now the gap is huge. I believe tahtīs whatīs drying out a lot of Vintage mtb forums.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    New bikes are entirely different animals and better in all aspects. There was a transitional period when vintage bikes had more class and as good performance than what was on the LBS floor; rigid forks could be said better on the trails than a Judy... but now the gap is huge. I believe tahtīs whatīs drying out a lot of Vintage mtb forums.
    As I commented on another thread a while back, when I could barely get $200 for a Bontrager Racelite frame about 2 years ago, that was pretty much the confirmation for myself that anything but collectible unobtainium stuff is going downhill and likely not coming back.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

velocipede technician
    lotta love in this thread for the people that built this place..

Wonder why itís so quiet these days?
    looking for 20-21" P team

mtbr member
    Too busy buying and restoring bikes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by hollister View Post
    lotta love in this thread for the people that built this place..

Wonder why itís so quiet these days?

Co Springs

While my namesake/avatar doesn't reflect it, I wasn't able to log in years ago reconnecting to mtbr with my 2003 or 04 history after a brief hiatus. I can be counted as an OG with a bit of history of hanging around here though and would like mtbr to get proper credit for as many old timers still happily entertained here.
    Never any complaints and more than a few occasions of differing opinions with members among various topics without any "Oprah drama" on any sides. IOW, I don't think I've lost any friends that I made here and that speaks volumes to the crowd you attract and Mod oversight IMO since we go off-topic on heated things all the time.

In 03, I bought a Kona and much pondering, shopping and reading reviews was right here so that's my timestamp for when I found and joined mtbr I gather. Guessing I was falling off the forums activities around 2010 to 2012 maybe and just didn't find my way to a version of bachman bachman61 or 1961 that worked.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman:

Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    I agree completely, wouldn't dispute that at all.

Tired debate, pointless too, but it's unfortunate that it's gotten so quiet. Sure, old stuff that doesn't ride like the new stuff, does come up, but a forum can't really be continually active with nothing but Egyptologists and their interests.

Once it broadens though, the Egyptologists feel like their home has been invaded, and that, I also get.

No winning direction here, other than keeping the folks with 5 year old *OMG this is so vintage* bikes outta here and trying to keep the lights on for anybody with something legitimately old, at a minimum.

Sure, discussing removing a stubborn UN-52 non driveside cup isn't as sexy as with a press fit bearing on a Fat or early Merlin, but the camaraderie ought to be similar...

And yes, the bottom has fallen out of the VRC market for sure. Ah well, good thing I didn't plan on retiring by selling 20 or so bikes!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

gobsmacked Moderator
    What the hell are you guys talking about. I am WAY COOLER than mendon!

gobsmacked Moderator
    And it looks like I have to clean up some bikes that arenít up to snuff! Cmon! We have standards here.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Actually. Not too bad... I was bracing myself tbh

Well I guess youíre doing good. Thanks for checking back in.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Hey DJ. give me a private holler and let me know whatís up! Xoxox

Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    I am WAY COOLER than mendon!
    I never said anything to the contrary!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Co Springs
    I never said anything to the contrary!
    Right-O

I think you said something more like-

"She changed her profile name to Girlfallsoffbike because she got grass stains on her Big Girl pants."
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman:

girlonbike official search party. Anybody heard from her?-6334cf89-4364-499b-98c5-594dc9c54af1.jpg

Co Springs
    LOL dj That fits in nicely

I'm reminded of the days when I first got on "forums" and one of those was about motorcycle riding, tricks, tips, trip reports and the sobering realities as FARS-fatal accident report statistics and other safety related things.
    My hunger to learn was a nice intro to getting back to m/c'ing after many years away.

Anyways, when someone "dropped off the radar" so to speak, it was a bit unsettling to start pondering what might have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    LOL dj That fits in nicely

I'm reminded of the days when I first got on "forums" and one of those was about motorcycle riding, tricks, tips, trip reports and the sobering realties FARS-fatal accident reports and other safety related things. My hunger to learn was a nice intro to getting back to m/c'ing after many years away.
    Anyways, when someone "dropped off the radar" so to speak, it was a bit unsettling to start pondering what might have happened.
    My point exactly. Thereís been many on this site that have. I just feel if you are a daily or a couple of times a week poster for years upon years then need a break, post up a clue that hey, Iím taking a break. Just donít drop off without a word. Itís as you say a bit unsettling wondering if they are ok.

Co Springs
    Yep , makes sense.

I think I realized this back then and try to comment once or twice while on 'vacation'.
    Don't like advertising on fb or anywhere else that I'm gone for a bit so its a tricky needle to thread.

Traveling photos or comments get posted later, like when I'm back home.