Control Tech pulleys- Mtbr.com
    artistic...

Control Tech pulleys

Old, 8sp, small. Iīve got one in my parts box. It is similar in shape to a Carmichael: thinner than shimano and moves side to side on the bolt. Very well made and cute part. Would it work ok as a floating pulley? Or is it better as a lower pulley?
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I never tried one personally but the people I know that did preferred them as lower only.
    Lucky neighbor of Maryland's Patapsco Valley State Park, 39.23,-76.76 Flickr

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    I never tried one personally but the people I know that did preferred them as lower only.
    Purely for bling factor i guess since itīs the upper pulley that does the main job.
    I canīt find 8sp pulleys in my country anymore. I had an argument w/ a shimano rep yesterday; my concept of support is different than his.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I find it extremely disappointing how so many companies that claim to be pro environment don't support product after a few years.

It would be very easy for them to make a new derailleur that had part's that were backward compatible with older equipment.
    Lucky neighbor of Maryland's Patapsco Valley State Park, 39.23,-76.76 Flickr

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by shoo View Post
    I find it extremely disappointing how so many companies that claim to be pro environment don't support product after a few years.

It would be very easy for them to make a new derailleur that had part's that were backward compatible with older equipment.
    I can find the pulleys on a german on line shop. Itīs mostly stupidity from the reps down here who pretend everyone should be riding the new stuff. I am not surprised. I told the rep: since i am buying the pulleys online i will go and buy everything else and forget about your shop.