Burro Bikes?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Burro Bikes?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Burro Bikes?

Anybody ever actually spent any time on one of these? I've wanted to give one a shot for ages, and am currently considering picking up a "rolling chassis" (frame/fork/wheels) from them to try out.

I suspect that it'd be a hoot in slow speed, rock-crawling kinds of trails. But I'd love to hear from anybody who's actually owned one.

Cheers,

-Andrew Thorne

giddy up!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewthorne
    Anybody ever actually spent any time on one of these? I've wanted to give one a shot for ages, and am currently considering picking up a "rolling chassis" (frame/fork/wheels) from them to try out.

I suspect that it'd be a hoot in slow speed, rock-crawling kinds of trails. But I'd love to hear from anybody who's actually owned one.

Cheers,

-Andrew Thorne
    I have one and absolutely love it. However, I have quite a few bikes and I have not had the chance to use t nearly as much as I'd like. I'm thinking about selling it. It's been ridden 4 or 5 times and is in fantastic shape. I'd be willing to let it go for a song.

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Brian
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Lemme hear all about it....

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    I have one and absolutely love it. However, I have quite a few bikes and I have not had the chance to use t nearly as much as I'd like. I'm thinking about selling it. It's been ridden 4 or 5 times and is in fantastic shape. I'd be willing to let it go for a song.

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Brian

VERY interested. Watch your email or shoot me one at [email protected]

Cheers,

-Andrew

Jul 2004
    i rode with burro guys once at a fat tire fest. goofy looking bikes but they kept right up and they were having a blast riding them. i would'nt mind giving one a try one day.

I like butter
    Jan 2004

Nice rides

The Burro was the only bike at the Interbike Dirt Demo that I rode multiple times and by far my favorite bike from the day. Friggin blast to ride. If I could only own one bike I would not go for it but for a spare "fun" bike I loved it and maybe after more riding on one I might change my mind, we are supposed to have them soon here at the shop so i figure i will have one in the future.

wESd
    head grunt worker @
    www.firstflightbikes.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I am into electric pedal assist bikes and have been selling different ones for over a year. Burro ZVO is making a very nice pedal electric that drives the rear wheel through the drive train giving the motor 8 speeds which will give it the low end for hills yet be able to cruise at higher speeds. They will also sell a retrofit kit for other bikes.
    I rode one of their 20 inch pedal electric bikes and I thought it handled and rode very nice.
    I think the Burro bike with it's ability to take 3 inch wide tires is meant as an all terrain type bike and with it's small wheels is more manuverable and stable at slower speeds.
    Burro ZVO will be at the Tour of Borrego in Southern California on Feb 26th with their new pedal electric bikes.

Natural Hygiene Raw Vegan
    Nov 2019

Idea!

i have had a ZVO E Machine Burro 14 speed internal since 2005 after a motorcycle crash
    they called my the prototype kid
    i upgraded the cogs to 61 and 34 to get the most speed out of the 500 watt brush motor
    but i broke freewheels so i just downgraded it from e bike to normal bike
    in the shop now the crank arms finally stripped out after 16 years

i love this bike so fast i can go 22 mph (it got to 50 in the electric days) in top gear its light weight the 20 inch tires make it handle corners epic .