Bottom bracket size question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Bottom bracket size question

Hi everybody. I can't believe I'm actually posting this in the vintage thread man does time fly.

I currently have a late 90s early 2000 airborne titanium Lucky strike mountain bike I used to race competitively back in the day when this bike was top of the line.

Well I have dusted it off and I'm just getting back into mountain biking and I need a new bottom bracket.

The one that's on there I don't feel was ever the right one because it always creeked. I have recently replaced the bearings and tightened everything up but it's still Creek so bad I can't stand it.

I would like to get a new bottom bracket but every time I call somebody they ask me what size it is and I don't know.

Can somebody please shed some light on me or teach me how to take some measurements. Or tell me what size bb I have.

The one that is in there now has no size on it other then the name. World class industries titanium.

I apologize for the long-winded post but I really need some help on this please

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Should be a normal 68mm BSA. What crankset do you have on it? The correct bottom bracket will depend on the crank, but as far as the frame goes, I'm 99% sure it's a normal english threaded BB with a 68mm shell width.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    The bottom bracket that's in there now is a world-class titanium. With race face cranks I'll snap a picture this evening the bottom bracket may not even be the part that's creaking. I saw an article today that might be the chainrings are loose I'll give that a shot as well. Thank you for the reply. I also saw that sent it to titanium frame I may need some grease cert tI prep stuff between the threads

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Pull the cranks and measure the spindle end to end. That number wil be X. The size you need will be 68 x X. Most likely 68x113