Applying clear coat to frame- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Applying clear coat to frame

I figure some of you have done your own painting and such, which brings me to this question. Is there a straight forward method of a DIY clear coat application? This Homegrown frame is interesting in that it was never finished nor built. It lacks all stickers/decals and a clear coat finish. I have read of similar stories relating to these frames. The white striping is rough and has somewhat raised edges. I would imagine sanding of some sort is required. Anyhow, any advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Applying clear coat to frame-img_0355-2-1024x768-.jpg  

Applying clear coat to frame-img_0356-1024x768-.jpg  

Applying clear coat to frame-img_0362-1024x768-.jpg  

locked - time out
    Sep 2005
    I would prep it (wet sand) and take it to your local body shop and have them shoot it. It'll be cheap, quick and turn out way nicer and tougher than anything the average person could do at home.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XR4TI
    I would prep it (wet sand) and take it to your local body shop and have them shoot it. It'll be cheap, quick and turn out way nicer and tougher than anything the average person could do at home.
    That sounds like good advice. I have a matte frame I want to clear coat for protection against excessive scratching.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Members who have read this thread: 0