1993 Raleigh MTi 1000 John Tomac Design...price help???- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

New question here. 1993 Raleigh MTi 1000 John Tomac Design...price help???

I've got to start selling off some bikes to raise funds for a house. First to go are a few Releigh MT MTB frames. A friend is intersted in the MTi 1000 but I have no clue what it is worth. The bike is in very nice condition and from what I remember the only non-stock parts are the seat and tires

Any idea what a reasonable price for this Ti framed bike would be??? If he decides against it I'm going to list it somewhere.

Thanks,

Eric

Stokeless Asshat
    Go ahead and post this in the sticky thread above along with some pics.
    J
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

VRC Illuminati
    Might as well read the stickies as well. It'll save you a lot of grief from the locals.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004
    The locals are afraid to give grief...

artistic...
    we should be kinder and gentler....
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Maybe the OP (whose name is Eric) did his due dillgence and researched this forum only to find the following thread,

BTW-You may recall that this thread went on for weeks without being shutdown and probably padded the Sellers wallet (and ego) as a direct result of its exposure on this Forum.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=338496

And of course the arguement can be made that this old thread was in compliance....but then again...is it really worth arguing about?

So with that said...why dont you cut THIS Eric some slack?

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by dontyoueatthatyellowsnow
    Maybe the OP (whose name is Eric) did his due dillgence and researched this forum only to find the following thread,

BTW-You may recall that this thread went on for weeks without being shutdown and probably padded the Sellers wallet (and ego) as a direct result of its exposure on this Forum.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=338496

And of course the arguement can be made that this old thread was in compliance....but then again...is it really worth arguing about?

So with that said...why dont you cut THIS Eric some slack?
    Rumpfy ebayed his bike. are you telling the OP he should ebay his? i agree... put it on ebay and let it fly.

Aug 2004
    Give me a break...I don't want to ebay it, I want to sell it to my friend but I don't know what it is worth. If it is worth more than he thinks is reasonable I'll then sell it elsewhere. And I've been on this site since 2004 although I don't post often, I did post a few years ago about this same bike trying to get a parts list.

But maybe this is a scam to do who the hell knows what I don't know.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_firestarter
    Give me a break...I don't want to ebay it, I want to sell it to my friend but I don't know what it is worth. If it is worth more than he thinks is reasonable I'll then sell it elsewhere. And I've been on this site since 2004 although I don't post often, I did post a few years ago about this same bike trying to get a parts list.

But maybe this is a scam to do who the hell knows what I don't know.

why don't you do a search on ebay for completed listings? it will give you a ballpark. HTH.

Aug 2004
    I searched Ebay, craiglist, this forum and found nothing. I'll post in the sticky as I did not see that.

Consider this thread closed!

Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    You guys kill me. Have your pseudo drama if you must, but it goes like this.

To the OP, what's it worth threads are not accepted here. They will be viewed with skepticism, and disdain. What's more, you won't get the info you seek by continuing to push for an answer. Try eBay's completed listings to see if there's any info there.

If you're selling it to a friend, come up with a price that seems fair to both of you. If finding market value is paramount, and it ends up being more than your friend is willing to pay, sucks to be them, as profit is at that point more important than a friend riding a bike you no longer want.

Was that so hard? I can't be here all the time (gotta sleep sometime!)

My suggestion? I'd go back to power bar wrappers, it was funny, non confrontational, and got the point across.
    Cannondale Lefty and HeadShock servicing, wheel building, etc...

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Members who have read this thread: 0