mtbr member
    May 2007

1" suspension fork

How can it be possible nothing comes up in a search on this topic? This doesn't seem like a very original problem ...
    Does anybody know of a decent front suspension fork for a frame with a 1" steerer tube? I was under the impression Marzocchi still made one, but can't find anything on their web site.
    I'm thinking about a Yo Eddy build but whether I buy the frame or not depends to some extent on what's out there ...
    thanks for any imput!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Marzocchi makes the MX in 1" and they can also press a 1" steerer into most of their forks
    Last edited by crisillo; 05-28-2007 at 04:06 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    thanks, I'll give it a look. any idea HOW you get Marzocchi to press in a 1" steerer? Buy the fork, call Marzocchi, ship it out and wait?

that would be it... I once had Marzocchi press in a new steerer into an MX fork I had... so I guess the procedure is the same..

mtbr member
    May 2007

interesting

that opens up a whole range of possibilities for great old frames

VRC Illuminati
    The search feature gets funky when you search for '1" '...the " is what throws the search feature.

It's been discussed here, but it might take some playing with the search phrases. SID's and Judy's are other 1" options if you can find them.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

nachos rule!
    Jan 2004
    a while back a buddy of mine scored a 1" '99 atom bomb off e-bay for $50. he brought it over and we did a full overhaul in a few hours. thing is now like new (other than some paint scratches), and is plush as all getout. one of the most supple forks marz ever made.
    plus a change, plus c'est la m'me chose - alphonse karr

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

1" steerer

Chain Reaction Cycles sells a Marz Mx Comp with a 1" steerer. See Hot Deals section for a link. Shipping to the US was a little slow, but no problems. They list the fork as a 2007, but I believe it is a 2006 model... I put one on my '94 Fat Buck Shaver...raised the front end a little bit compared with my Manitou Sx Ti. Clearence between the top of the legs/crown and downtube was very tight, you may want to add a small spacer before the crown race...

mtbr member
    May 2007

right

I thought I'd try and find one of those "old" (8 years) forks I used to love -- like old oil/spring 65 mm Judys or an Atom bomb, I just couldn't remember if they had 1" steerers or not. I often wonder where forks like that went -- they were pretty light and really plush and now there's no such thing on the market ..
    I'll keep an eye on ebay for that Atom Bomb -- that's the name I couldn't come up with but I do remember the action and that cool brake arch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by earling
    How can it be possible nothing comes up in a search on this topic? This doesn't seem like a very original problem ...
    Does anybody know of a decent front suspension fork for a frame with a 1" steerer tube? I was under the impression Marzocchi still made one, but can't find anything on their web site.
    I'm thinking about a Yo Eddy build but whether I buy the frame or not depends to some extent on what's out there ...
    thanks for any imput!
    yep, older 'zokes are the way to go!
    as of '07 I heard marzocchi isn't doing 1" forks anymore, can anyone confirm that?

mtbr member
    May 2007

still avail.

The 1" MX comp seems to be still out there this year, anyway .. Anybody know how they compare to one of the old Marzocchis in plushness and weight? I'm assuming the new ones are a little stiffter laterally but probably heavier

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by logbiter
    yep, older 'zokes are the way to go!
    as of '07 I heard marzocchi isn't doing 1" forks anymore, can anyone confirm that?
    Apparently Jenson can get them.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...1+Steerer.aspx

Corsa 80mm with 1" threadless. Wish I had the coin for one.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mountaingoatcycles.com
    Marzocchi has discontinued all 1" forks. A few distributors had the 2006 forks but the ones that we regularly deal with have sold out. Most of the RST forks come without steerer tubes and they do sell 1" steerer tubes. Not a great shock but we do have them in the relatively vintage-friendly 50mm and 76mm travel versions. These are primarily "city bike" forks and aren't meant for serious off road use and are still only linear pull or disc brake compatible (no cantilever brake)

Quote Originally Posted by First Flight
    Marzocchi has discontinued all 1" forks. A few distributors had the 2006 forks but the ones that we regularly deal with have sold out. Most of the RST forks come without steerer tubes and they do sell 1" steerer tubes. Not a great shock but we do have them in the relatively vintage-friendly 50mm and 76mm travel versions. These are primarily "city bike" forks and aren't meant for serious off road use and are still only linear pull or disc brake compatible (no cantilever brake)
    weird.. since the Corsa posted above is a 07 model... (didn't exist in 06) I know it is is not in stock, but seems to be offered at least.... or were you saying that they will be discontinued for 08?

mountaingoatcycles.com
    There were supposed to be '07 1" forks and they were listed in distributor catalogs but I was told that Marzocchi changed their mind and decided not to make any 1" forks.

Quote Originally Posted by First Flight
    There were supposed to be '07 1" forks and they were listed in distributor catalogs but I was told that Marzocchi changed their mind and decided not to make any 1" forks.
    ah ok... I hope they still press a steerer on request... it wouldn't cost them much to have a couple !2 steerers around...

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Just a quick update on this. I recently purchased another Bonty for my wife and am once again in the search for a 1" fork.

I asked Marzocchi what forks they offer in a 1", and they replied today that they are offering the '07 Corsa and the '07 MX Pro 80mm in a 1" model. I haven't seen the Pro anywhere in a 1", but Marz said that they are producing it, so I'm sure that someone has it, or can get it. The Corsa is a little steep unless you are racing, so if anyone knows where to get a 1" Pro, I'm sure that I'm not the only person that wants to get one.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    That Corsa's a bad-ass fork, hope I can find one somewhere

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Pace also offer 1" forks both carbon rigid RC31 and all their suspension forks in a decent range of lengths and travels to match older frames

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    http://www.totalcycling.com/index.ph...MX_COMP_1.html
    Marzocchi MX Comp With 1 Inch Steerer

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Magura used to offer their (rarely seen) forks with a 1" steerer, until 2006 I think, but in the FAQ section of their website is the following bad news:
    "The formerly offered service with 1" steerer tubes is no longer offered."

Members who have read this thread: 0