You're making me dizzy! Please stop making POV videos that make us all DIZZY! *Video- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

You're making me dizzy! Please stop making POV videos that make us all DIZZY! *Video

Pov videos don't have to make you dizzy in the first 5 seconds, I've made a great video on Gopro wearable gimbals, please check it out if you're interested! Please subscribe to my youtube channel OCD Mountain Biking if you like what you see! Thanks a lot and have a great day!

https://youtu.be/OzCtLc9G7mM

OCD Mountain Biking https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC68...QfJhfIxlJqwwfA
    Last edited by Tunesoul; 04-09-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Updated

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I tried the Removu S1 and found it to be way too bulky and not suitable for chest POV type shooting so I returned it - but I have seen a lot of great reviews of the EVO SS.

The only downside right now for me is the price. When I returned my Removu, my wheelset went poop on my bike so used that money towards a new wheelset - I may get the EVO SS before my trip to Utah in September.

For right now, I just make sure my chesty mount is super tight and use the EIS on the Hero 5 which does a pretty good job (albeit not as great as a gimball) but takes a lot of the shaky out of the footage.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Ya, I haven't seen any real positive reviews on the Removu S1 or the Gopro Karma Grip. So I didn't mention them in my video review. So far I'm really liking the Evo, I'll keep y'all posted on how it holds up in the long term and I'll be posting some sweet trail ride footage on my youtube channel soon! :-) Hope you find a great wheelset soon my friend!

Rides all the bikes!
    I don't like gimbals. Make trails look way too flat.

EAT MORE GRIME
    just post-process the video with image stabilization software...done.

1) works great

2) free
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    just post-process the video with image stabilization software...done.

1) works great

2) free
    Not even close. That might work ok on smooth park trails. But if you are riding any type of rough/rocky natural trails, then a gimbal is a must to make watchable content.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Actually far from it. New gopros with image stabilization built in on a properly used chest mount works really well.

And so many videos were done beautifully before gimbals started becoming readily available and useable for mountain biking.

I have a evo ss (well zhiyun rider, same exact thing down to the manual, sane price pretty much too) and use it for night riding because the light moving around screws with the cameras stabilization. During the day no gimbal needed. Actually does a good job of making the trail look more real because it will jerk on hard hits, vibrate a little when its chattery.

Just won't make you nauseous.

Problem is cheap cameras, handlebar or helmet mounts, things like that. Chest mount and hero 5 do very well together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

trail gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    I don't like gimbals. Make trails look way too flat.
    That's more the result of the wide angle view and the typical POV mounting position, but I know what you mean.

At least without stabilization, the camera shake gives you some sense of how difficult a trail is, even if the shaking is annoying to watch sometimes.

Nate Hills has a gimbal-stabilized video of Hangover Trail in Sedona. The trail looks difficult, but the stabilization hides just how incredibly challenging that trail is.

mtbr member
    I have found some of the newer videos dont make me pukey- but I also would appreciate stabilization.
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper 29

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    Nate Hills has a gimbal-stabilized video of Hangover Trail in Sedona. The trail looks difficult, but the stabilization hides just how incredibly challenging that trail is.
    I found that video. Wow, amazing Trail and yes, I imagine it's way tougher than these riders and this video make it look.

https://youtu.be/QtpL5wZ07j4

2006 Yeti AS-X
    If you tighten your harness properly, you can eliminate a lot of the shakiness, The harnesses can get loose over time and a loose harness = super shaky. I learned that the hard way. I do like the Hero 5 black EIS really takes a lot of the jitters out of the mount - Gimbals are nice but the downside is another thing you have to constantly change batteries on the trail and sometimes on really chunky trail, it can go nuts - i have seen it a few times on Singletrack Sampler and BKXC where he hit a really hard section and the gimbal went nuts.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.