Winter MTB riding with a fixed gear CX bike in Finland- Mtbr.com
    pxx
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Winter MTB riding with a fixed gear CX bike in Finland

I finally got to borrow a GoPro Hero HD and also a chest mount from a friend of mine. So, I took my fixie CX bike for a little ride a couple of days ago when it was one of the warmest days of this winter so far, -14 degrees Celsius. That's something like 7 degrees Fahrenheit..? Felt wonderfully warm as it's mostly been some -20 to -30C here during the winter

Youtube has the 720p version too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNbEX7zVxk8

It was recorded with the r4 setting, 1280x960p for maximizing also the vertical field of view. And I've got to say, it worked pretty well. First time ever I used the chest mount. The video material is much much less shaky than I thought, so I didn't even need to use deshaker plugin. The only filter video has gone through is resize from 960p to 720p. Used programs: Avisynth, Virtualdub and Goldwave.

Please share your thoughts and comments

No, that's not phonetic
    It looks good and all, and the shaking is indeed pretty well controlled, but one or two minutes would have been plenty. 15 minutes straight is way too much for a video where the point of view never ever (ever) changes. Keep at it though. Video can be fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0