Sony Vegas first draft- Mtbr.com
    Yes, that's fonetic

Sony Vegas first draft

Tried some static camera shots and the color seems more washed out when it's still (GoPro HD). May be the extremely variable light in the local forest. The spliced clips seem kinda jerky when the light isn't constant. This is a first attempt with Sony Vegas taken over 3 days on our little (but ever growing) jump line.
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/21057633?portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/21057633">Untitled</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user390608">Todd Melton</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Cool video, that looks liek a lot of fun.

No, that's not phonetic
    Nicely done. Great sense of speed and I like the static cut shots. You should continue those to the end and also do some rearward facing helmet cam footage to show the dude following you. Some brief shots of the suspension working (different angles looking at the fork and shock) would be a nice addition as well. Great vid though.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Nicely done. Great sense of speed and I like the static cut shots. You should continue those to the end and also do some rearward facing helmet cam footage to show the dude following you. Some brief shots of the suspension working (different angles looking at the fork and shock) would be a nice addition as well. Great vid though.
    Hey tscheezy, just wondering which resolution modes you usually shoot in on your GoPro. I just got one myself. Hopefully I'll be posting a first vid soon. I still need to find a good video editor to use though.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

No, that's not phonetic
    I usually shoot 960p (1280x960). In iMovie you can combine 720p and 960p video at will and you have control over how they combine. You can create either a 16:9 or a 4:3 movie project using both 16:9 or 4:3 video clips, and you can determine which clips crop, and which ones use letterbox stripes when needed. It works great. I prefer the coverage the 960p provides vertically, and since you can put it in a 720p video and not lose quality (it just snips the top and bottom, and you have control over the crop areas) it is the most flexible. Some rare clips would be cool slowed down, but I don't do much slomo so it's NBD for me.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I usually shoot 960p (1280x960). In iMovie you can combine 720p and 960p video at will and you have control over how they combine. You can create either a 16:9 or a 4:3 movie project using both 16:9 or 4:3 video clips, and you can determine which clips crop, and which ones use letterbox stripes when needed. It works great. I prefer the coverage the 960p provides vertically, and since you can put it in a 720p video and not lose quality (it just snips the top and bottom, and you have control over the crop areas) it is the most flexible. Some rare clips would be cool slowed down, but I don't do much slomo so it's NBD for me.
    Ok, thanks. I guess I was interested in which mode contributes to a smoother video. I figured the 60fps would at first, but then realized most uploads and playback end up being at 30fps anyway. I guess they just drop every other frame? I only have PC's, so no iMovie for me.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

VP/ Terrain Designer
    Sweet trail and vid. Have you tried using thre color adjust feature in your video effects?
    That might help with matching your still shots with your riding shots. Not completely sure on that; but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

Yes, that's fonetic
    Thanks NIck, I'll try that next time...total Vegas noob with a LOT to learn. Tscheezy completely lost me with all the aspect ratio numbers...
    .makes
    head
    hurt

~~~~~~~~
    You should probably just get a Mac.

I downloaded the original and it's much better to watch than the flashed vimeo but still seems like something is amiss in your rendering. Or maybe it's just the low light. We'll have get some static shots with my Panasonic.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    You should probably just get a Mac.

I was thinking about that but I just blew my Mac wad on a new bike.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    I was thinking about that but I just blew my Mac wad on a new bike.
    If you're gonna use software that would be available on either platform anyway, you get a lot more processing power for your money by going PC. Spending it on a new bike is a much wiser investment though
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

VP/ Terrain Designer
    I'd buy a bike over a computer anyday!
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

Members who have read this thread: 0