rendered video what to do?? (Final Cut Express)- Mtbr.com
    tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004

rendered video what to do?? (Final Cut Express)

So I asked this question before when I was using the nonHD gopro. At that time someone said this isn't necessary to do when using the HD version.

Now I'm using the HD version, and still have to render the footage.

Really not digging on this at all.........(read total frustration with Mac vs PC)

I don't understand why it has to be rendered? or what to do about it?

I really don't want to have to render it each and every time I try editing a clip.!!

Someone please help, soooooo annoyed

Each time I want to sit down and work on a video, I end up walking away totally pissed and mad at my semi-new Mac!! Which supposedly is to super media friendly.

Help!!...................please

-tep

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    You don't have to render unless you are ready to make your final product. You can save edits as a project. (The project might be called slightly different names amongst the various programs).
    But to output your media into a file that can be burned to a disc or uploaded or saved as a finished format you have to render.
    If you do save projects it helps immensely to decide before hand where your media will reside on your hard drive and then leave it there. The project basically saves the index of where all the media is on your hard drive or other location that you are using and remembers your edit decisions.
    The render takes all your edit decisions and outputs into a file you can burn, upload....saves as a finished product (rather than the project which acts as sort of index and edit list).
    Projects are important to save in case you decide to make a change later, you won't have to start from scratch.

edit---sometimes the program will pre-render certain effects in your project and in some programs will make the final render somewhat quicker; sometimes an effect needs pre-rendered to see it in better or full quality as you play your project back and decide whether you are or are not happy with the effect. The option can be turned on or off in various programs.

Quote Originally Posted by tep
    So I asked this question before when I was using the nonHD gopro. At that time someone said this isn't necessary to do when using the HD version.

Now I'm using the HD version, and still have to render the footage.

Really not digging on this at all.........(read total frustration with Mac vs PC)

I don't understand why it has to be rendered? or what to do about it?

I really don't want to have to render it each and every time I try editing a clip.!!

Someone please help, soooooo annoyed

Each time I want to sit down and work on a video, I end up walking away totally pissed and mad at my semi-new Mac!! Which supposedly is to super media friendly.

Help!!...................please

-tep

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004
    when I'm using final cut express, as I place the raw clip into the timeline, and then try to watch it in the "canvas" window, it comes up as "unrendered" (which is a blue screen with the word "unrendered") .....so for me to see the clip even before I go to edit it, I need to render it.....I think

So I'm wondering:
    am I importing the clips incorrectly?
    is there some setting I need to do before I even start editing?
    is there something on the gopro side of it that I need to do?

I've read (most of) the online manual, and a book I got with the program, and still it doesn't make sense.

any suggestions??...........anyone

-tep

this is truly how I feel >>>>>>>>>>>>

Thread Pollution
    Upload first to iphoto or better yet imovie set up your timeline aka delete some worthless footage then import to finalcut.
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    You have to convert the MPEG's that the GoProHD produces to MOV files if you don't want to have to render the video files in FCE. I used MPEG streamclip. Its a free program and trust me the increase in video quality make it worth it.. Some one else posted a work flow on the "video" forum here. You may have to do a little searching to find it.
    tankpro.org
    IMBA National Mountain Bike Patrol
    southernkettles.org

Members who have read this thread: 0