VT MTB Fest July 11-13th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

VT MTB Fest July 11-13th

VT MTB Fest July 11-13th-vmbafestivalbanner_2-copy.jpg
    Mark your calendars and get your ya ya's out!
    You probably heard about last year - this one will be even better!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Jim, great news. The gf and i are making the trip up again from NE Pa. I alrwady booked our stay at the holiday inn. Counting down the days. Sure to be a great time again. See you there.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    This year is going to be even better than last year!!!! Cannot wait!!
    Rocky Mountain 13 Instinct
    Rocky Mountain 13 Solo
    Pugsly 12
    Trek XO Cross 11

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Jim, Can not wait--have booked a Villa at the resort for the Fest.... Get together with you and Ted if time permits.. Will be over before the fest at least once....Damnation

mtbr member
    Trying to talk my buddies into doing this. Just joined VMBA so I should put that to use eh? How are the Ascutney Trails? I've only ridden KT. I assume its an all around good time party atmosphere.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Trails are sweet singletrack, flowy with some rocks and roots mixed in. You will have a blast. Great festival atmosphere. We make the trip from PA. Register now.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    I mean honestly that was a stupid question...I haven't found a trail I don't love in some way.

But it's awesome to hear folks from down there come up. Now if only I can get my friends in gear.

horseman
    Sep 2005
    killer fun time! On and off-campus blast (Joe's Jungle last year) Olympics are grueling. Yahoo! Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Forgot to give a link to registration. Pre-registrants get a t-shirt. Go to vmba.org and pull down from "Events".

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Hey, Does anyone know if there is a one day option for the festival? I would love to drive over and camp Saturday evening and do a ride on Sunday, unfortunately have to work Saturday...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerbrad View Post
    Hey, Does anyone know if there is a one day option for the festival?
    Yes, there is, but I think it starts Sunday morning, since a bunch of stuff is going on Saturday night, band, BBQ, Bike Olympics, bonfire, etc. All the onsite camping will be taken by then, so I'd reserve an offsite campsite (Ascutney State Park, Wilgus State Park, Google for private campground.)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Sunday only is $33.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Friday & Schedules

Quote Originally Posted by jimbikeski View Post
    Sunday only is $33.
    Jim, Coming over Festival Friday for 2 nights at the resort....previously you had mentioned guided rides on Friday...is there a schedule yet for events? I rode their last Friday, got confused with no trail signs at the top of Coranary /Bypass, but figured it out and had a blast on Greens and Blues,,,Looking forward to 3 days of fun!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by damnation View Post
    Jim, Coming over Festival Friday for 2 nights at the resort....previously you had mentioned guided rides on Friday...is there a schedule yet for events? I rode their last Friday, got confused with no trail signs at the top of Coranary /Bypass, but figured it out and had a blast on Greens and Blues,,,Looking forward to 3 days of fun!!
    We're posting a schedule soon.

Thanks for the telling me about the signs. I don't notice them gone, 'cause I usually know where I am. Someone's been getting their jollies by ripping them out. It's always on the double tracks and they leave tracks - looks like two fat bikes who always ride side-by-side about 3 feet apart. Hmmmm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Don't have to look too far given the ATV vote... 2 fat bikes with a motor. Unfortunately there is always some one who does not like What You Are Doing! National Forest, State Parks, Town Forests, Resort land.....someone does not like it.. unless they are making money doing it...Does not affect the great Vt. Fest coming up...great Venue and fun, varied riding....built for Bikers...Bikers every way-uh... B...

mtbr member
    Thanks in advance for another great fest. Im looking forward to seeing more this time via an epic.

banned
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbikeski View Post
    - looks like two quebexican fat bikers who always ride.... side-by-each! about 3 feet apart. Hmmmm.
    ^^^^^^fixed it for ya

rog

mtbr member
    Finally signed up. Nabbed a camping spot at the venue. I assume its "pull yer car up and toss the tent out" sort of camping? Considering we are all under 30 and likely will stumble to sleep I don't care what I have for accommodations.

Next question, if my buddies show up before me (highly likely, cubicle life is not conducive to fun) can they get on the spot? Since I signed up and paid for it.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    3 Days of the best--- sun, dry, tacky thread, smooth, fast,,,does it get any better... pick your challenge/fun, everything here on a large scale... if you can't have a blast here....then you went the wrong way!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I got to agree. Got there friday around 11 and went straight out for a ride. 3 days of great riding coupled with a fantastic festival feeling. And you couldnt beat ice cream after dinner. Bike olympics were fun as usual and some sweet raffle prizes. Really stinks having to drive back to PA togo to work. Another great festival. Have to thank jim, eric, collin and all the others who volunteer their time and effort to make this a success. Cant wait for next year.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

rzip
    Apr 2009

My festival recap

I was a bit apprehensive because I asked a couple of friends to go but no dice so I went solo. Well it turned out great because it is all about the ride and the ride was superb. Many thanks to the Vermont Mountain Bike Association crew for the well designed trail system, and for all the sweat it took to build it. Thanks to all the volunteer ride leaders too, good times. The organizers and sponsors worked like crazy all weekend, it was non stop.
    I made some friends, hi to Ronen, Claire, Kurt, Celine, Jim and Joe G.'s Pennsylvania crew.
    Two pictures attached. First is some of the Demo Bikes, there was a whole nother' row of other mfg,s including Kona and Ibis and sorry to the others I cannot remember. Second is the ride board with a ham! VT MTB Fest July 11-13th-006.jpgVT MTB Fest July 11-13th-007.jpg
    Last edited by ziprace; 07-13-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: more information

mtbr member
    Wow. One bee sting, countless beers, some New England gnar, some New England flow, and a hell of a lot of fun. Big thanks out to VMBA and STAB for running a super sweet weekend.

And to everyone who put up with that overweight hairy flat lander from cape cod on his SS.