Victory hill - plan B- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: korivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    91

    Victory hill - plan B

    Hi !
    We were planning to ride Victory Hill next week.
    I just realize today that its closed... bummer !
    Is there another place nearby that has the same kind of trails ?

    P.S.
    We are planning to ride Stowe, Perry Hill and Killington.

    Thanks !

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,413
    Can't really think of a place that is like it. The new trails in East Haven (N of East Burke) are similar, but not as extensive.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    105
    Not the same, but Millstone is a good place to check out if you haven't been. It's mostly trail riding, but a unique place. Roller Coaster and Screamin' Demon have a few smaller hits on them. The Harringtons, Vortex, Rock n Roll, and Angry Gnome are all fun trails.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BurkeVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by berkshire_rider View Post
    Not the same, but Millstone is a good place to check out if you haven't been. It's mostly trail riding, but a unique place. Roller Coaster and Screamin' Demon have a few smaller hits on them. The Harringtons, Vortex, Rock n Roll, and Angry Gnome are all fun trails.
    Millstone seconded! However, all of the fun ones (mentioned in this post) are not open yet. Keep an eye on trailhub.com.

    If you’re in the area, Burke Mountain and East Haven could keep you busy. Given that you’ll be between Stowe and Killington, the Green Mountain Trails in Pittsfield is worth a check. STAB is sweet too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris

  5. #5
    Monkey
    Reputation: Jozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    274
    Some nice shuttling options in Mad River Valley...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    114
    It's trailhub.org

    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeVT View Post
    Millstone seconded! However, all of the fun ones (mentioned in this post) are not open yet. Keep an eye on trailhub.com.

    If you’re in the area, Burke Mountain and East Haven could keep you busy. Given that you’ll be between Stowe and Killington, the Green Mountain Trails in Pittsfield is worth a check. STAB is sweet too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: korivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
    Some nice shuttling options in Mad River Valley...
    We are travelling with an RV so we cant shuttle, but what trail could you suggest ?

    Thanks !

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: korivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeVT View Post
    However, all of the fun ones (mentioned in this post) are not open yet. Keep an eye on trailhub.com.
    Crap, just noticed that !
    Crazy that its not yet open in mid-june !
    Any chance at all the Perry Hill and Stowe could be open this weekend?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,460
    Quote Originally Posted by korivo View Post
    We are travelling with an RV so we cant shuttle, but what trail could you suggest ?

    Thanks !
    Park at American Flatbread on rt 100 south of the rt 17 intersection. (Bike shop and local smoke house are right there). Climb in of the brown sidewalk to get up high and poke around. Ridgy, Techy, Maple Twist, Enchanted Forest, Cyclone, Clinic. Could go much longer if you wanted.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    348
    I'd second MRV area, Perry and Stowe should be open assuming no more rain. Further North and Hinesburg Town Forest, Carse and Sleepy are good options too.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,460
    Quote Originally Posted by korivo View Post
    Crap, just noticed that !
    Crazy that its not yet open in mid-june !
    Any chance at all the Perry Hill and Stowe could be open this weekend?
    Should be. Looks like right across the middle of the state is still a little moist, but N of 89 and south of Rt 4 looks good. Rains forecast 1/4 inch over the next 36 hours will barely hit the ground out under the canopy. Waitsfield might be a bit moist. I heard Blueberry has been beat up a little. It's been wet. Maybe Pittsfield or STAB. https://waterwatch.usgs.gov/?m=real&r=vt&w=map

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by korivo View Post
    Crap, just noticed that !
    Crazy that its not yet open in mid-june !
    Any chance at all the Perry Hill and Stowe could be open this weekend?
    Upper trails at Perry were riding great last weekend. Rain wasn't too bad this week so Perry will prob be open but a bit slick in spots.

    Cady should be good as well but the Strawberry Hill trails that connect to the high school were still closed as of last weekend.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

Similar Threads

  1. Victory Hill Trails Closed?
    By VTSession in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 1 Day Ago, 05:52 AM
  2. Good Loop at Victory Hill?
    By WATERBOOY in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-16-2018, 04:38 AM
  3. what is your riding plan for winter. any plan!
    By osokolo in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 03:08 PM

Members who have read this thread: 77

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.