Vermont 5/25- Mtbr.com

Thread: Vermont 5/25

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Vermont 5/25

Im on vacation and looking for a place to ride. Is Vermont open for riding yet? thinking of driving up from NY 5/25 and ride stay over night ride the 26th and head home. I would appreciate any suggestions. I like technical riding, some freeride but nothing crazy. Ill be riding my new stumpy fsr 29er if I head up. Not looking for lift service. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Conditions were good considering this has been the wettest spring on record. Waterbury was open and fits your description. Pine Hill Park in Rutland is a small place, but has good trails and was riding well, Millstone was open in Barre. Stowe Town trails and Trapps trails in Stowe were open (trapps is pay to ride and can be connected with the Town stuff for a full ride), and the KT was opened, Darling hill, not Burke Mtn stuff. Not sure about Ascutney or Waitsfield, and I know Hinesburg got hammered with a major wind event and won't be ready for a bit. We just got another soaker and things are pretty much on hold for another day or two at least, but if we start to dry out there should be some riding in good shape for you. As far as technical and freeride goes, most of the riding is fairly technicle and all the riding except for trapps and Millstone and the Kingdom trails are free. Do a search for some more indepth descriptions of these areas, there should be lots to read.

Members who have read this thread: 0