sprung- Mtbr.com

Thread: sprung

cranktankerous Mainer

sprung

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TJB75tSYCws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Toddski; 03-27-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    Been there, done that... don't remember it.
    Tallboy LTc & Bronson

Go Bruins!
    I guess the marsh is looking pretty good.

beer thief
    Nice video Toddski. The Marsh is like a prize fight. No matter how well it goes you feel pretty beat up at the end.

think
    Jul 2008
    No video from the unnatural tranny/boulders erratic?

Rob, you just got bad memories from the seat thing. Hell I got bad memories from the seat thing.

I was out sunday night putting around. Rode HP that morning so no gas in the tank, but wanted to hit some stuff.

Vermonter to the Core
    is that mass?? looks like fun!
    JEM
    09 Marlin Disc
    2010 Cannondale RZ 120....
    2011 Trek XO Crossbike
    .......... __o
    ......... -\<
    ........(_)/(_)

tag007

Best Access

Where is the best place to park and gain trail access at Marshabesic? I've always wanted to try this place out, but never knew it was so close. Also, are there any good trail maps available? That video looks awsome!!

mtbr member
    I was under the impression that the Marsh consisted of a lot of man made wooden obstacles, which i don't like. This looks like rocky goodness. I live 10 minutes from there.

beer thief
    Very little wood, a lot of rock.

Dave, I had buried that memory until you brought it up. Now my left nut hurts. The place is demanding, no doubt.

mtbr member
    So lots of rock, little climbing, and ten miles from where i live. Nice.

tag007
    Rode the Marsh about 24 hours ago. That's some sweet NE singletrack. Prolly not so much today. Can't wait to do some more exploration out there. Gotta be sweet for night riding - as long as you can outrun the hilbillies.

mtbr member
    You must be the guy i talked to in Poco Loco's parking lot.

Hi, i'm idbrian.

mtbr member
    so.... where is this mysterious marshabesic located? Parking?

mtbr member
    All i know so far is that it is on the NH/MA border, near the ocean.

tag007

Hey idbrian

I'm not the guy you spoke too at Poco Loco's. Unless you're talking about Loco Coco's near the Shipyard. I did speak to a dude in that lot last year sometime after I had just got my ass kicked at Mt. A. I had to promise my Enduro a California Burrito from Loco's before it would hop on the car for an Aggie ride.

mtbr member
    I spoke to some guy that had a Specialized at Loco Cocos (always screw that name up) that just got done riding the marsh for the first time Thursday. Nevermind then.

tag007

Loco

Yea, that was Finski. I ride with him all the time - great guy!

mtbr member
    can someone provide directions to parking etc....?? pm me atleast ? thanks

mtbr member

No

Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas
    There are about 10 such posts and the response is always the same.

NO, and please do not post them omnce you know. There is one channel and he has made it clear that he will show you. Do a teeny weeny amount of exploring and you will be one sending a PM.

Hope that helps.

tag007

Parking

post deleted
    Last edited by tag007; 04-05-2011 at 01:32 AM.

cranktankerous Mainer
    Edit- nevermind.
    Tallboy LTc & Bronson

mtbr member

No

There is one channel. Do a teeny weeny amount of exploring here and you will be the one sending a PM.

Please do NOT post them once you know. Hope that helps.

tag007 please remove your post

mtbr member
    Thanks tag. Honestly all this "secret trails" crap gets old. I can understand not "posting it" but to not pm directions, give me a break. I probably won't even ride there more than once or twice a year as it's a ways away. I understand somewhat as we have a large network of "secret trails" in the manchvegas area

think
    Jul 2008
    Thanks tag. Honestly all this "secret trails" crap gets old. I can understand not "posting it" but to not pm directions, give me a break. I probably won't even ride there more than once or twice a year as it's a ways away. I understand somewhat as we have a large network of "secret trails" in the manchvegas area
    Honestly, tell us where your secret trails are then.

A lot of work has gone into the marsh from a lot of different people. It should be a hint that you're asking the wrong questions or asking the wrong people when as many people as you asked all refused to give up the goods.

Try asking the right person (this should be VERY OBVIOUS). Or, better yet, why don't you PM somebody who seems to be in the know and say "hi, my name is so and so, i live in manchester, nh, and i'm an avid mountain biker. I was hoping I could get a tour of seabrook, and I'm willing to donate an hour of labor in exchange". Something like that would probably get a person a long ways.

mtbr member
    haha, you guys are funny! When someone asks me for info on trails I usually say something like..... "pm me for details". haha, not these little mind games of "you know who" or "it should be pretty obvious". I've only been on this forum for a few weeks, how do I know who to ask? give me a break guys! These are the trails I ride, if anyone would like info, pm me for details! bearbrook, massivebeestick,fortrock,yudicky,LDTF,aarons trails,G-town,drummer etc.... i've been riding for about 16 years.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yes, do trail work, meet riders, and get the "secret trail info" The mash has become a rather regular post on this forum, (three threads on the 1st page right now) If you don't want others to know about the secret spot or the trails on private land don't post them on here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ha.....I haven't been on the forum for a while.....looks like I missed a lot. Anyway.....I'd be the "hillbilly" to contact if you want info on The Marsh or current conditions. The directions that tag007 was kind enough to supply are adequate....I prefer people to park either at the fire station or the ball field when they come to ride.
    Other than that there is only a few things that rub me the wrong way....showing up after a 3" rain....bringing your dog....or feelling the need to alter my trails. With that being said.....have a nice ride.
    Last edited by capt-high-pressure; 04-04-2011 at 11:20 PM.

tag007
    I removed my directions after a few private messages. Here's the deal.....you want to keep your place secret - don't put vids up here. That's what started this unwanted interest.

mtbr member
    Other than that there is only a few things that rub me the wrong way....showing up after a 3" rain....bringing your dog....or feelling the need to alter my trails. With that being said.....have a nice ride.[/QUOTE]

Why no dogs?

mtbr member
    I bring my dog wherever i go. That's a bummer.

I've decided to bring my dogs to all state parks i ride and deal with the consequences if i have to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian
    I bring my dog wherever i go. That's a bummer.

I've decided to bring my dogs to all state parks i ride and deal with the consequences if i have to.
    Me to...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sprung-197019_10150130316311933_566276932_6820833_6089379_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tag007
    I removed my directions after a few private messages. Here's the deal.....you want to keep your place secret - don't put vids up here. That's what started this unwanted interest.
    I agree with this. Prior to this video being posted, I had only heard vague whispers about the Marsh', and I'd never been interested in it enough to ask more about it. I had no idea where it was or the kind of riding it featured.

Obviously, all of that changed once I saw this video. I did some research, found out where it was, and rode it for the first time last Thursday. The Marsh is a great spot, no doubt, and I look forward to riding it as often as I can. The trails are fast, flowy in spots, techy, and very well thought out. I very much can appreciate the work that went into making it. I've been riding long enough to recognize when people really care about a trail network, and as such, I'm always as careful as I can be about following the rules of the trail.

That said, this thread is a bit disturbing to me. I can understand not wanting a bunch of jabronies on your personal trails tearing them up, riding in the mud, and disturbing established features. But I guess I'd like to think that this is a relatively small, close-knit and friendly group of like-minded individuals all out to enjoy the ride. And when I see threads devolve into this, it makes me realize that that isn't always the case.

I personally did not recognize the fact that the Marsh is a "secret" spot. Had I, or had any of the other "offenders" in this thread known that that was the case, I am sure that this thread would have followed a different path.

I don't place any blame here, I just think it might be a good idea in the future to make it clear to people that a certain trail network is on the down-low. I also realize that it's going to be hard to post a sweet video of a spot, then immediately say "This spot is secret, so don't ask". In essence, that's kind of what happened here.

That's my .02, anyway.

Also, for the record, I am good friends with Tag007 and Dhmatt. They're both great guys meaning no harm and are always respectful riders. I'm the guy you have to worry about.
    NKAWTG

cranktankerous Mainer
    The Capt has been posting vids & and info for YEARS?!

Why is it so black & white for some people, it's not about being selfish and hoarding "secret trails" it's about preservation of an experience for EVERYBODY! Get it that through your thick skulls that loose lips on the Internet can kill a spot, just like a secluded surf break or powder stash in the mountains. I can't speak for the situation at the Marsh, but you all know I get cranky about details about Aggie, is it because I'm anti-social grumpy pants and don't like seeing other riders?!, hell no... It's because the trails on the watershed side are not allowed to have ANY sustainable trailwork done on them, I can see the big picture beyond my handle bars. The cop has been and continues to rip up well intended, but unaurtorized rock armoring, bridges... anything that he sees done to the trails. Permission to do necessary trail mateinace is always denied and answered with a big NO. Land magement sees bikers as a big *PIA and refuse to work with vollenteers who want to do the right thing. Sooo... yeah, do you still think it's a good idea to post specific directions to the "single track" for everybody and their mother to ride, accelerating *wear & tear? Riders who "get it" don't post big dumb questions on the Internet, they usually send pms or they ask to tag along on a ride. Throughout the years I have SHOWN countless riders where the good stuff is so they can go out and enjoy on their own. But with that said I have never needed additional help by asking questions on a forum to explore a new riding spot... the post I deleted above basically just stated- that four years ago after seeing the Capt's videos, I too wanted to check the Marsh out. I knew i could hook up with him, but instead just searched his posts, found his trail map, compared it to google earth, found suitable parking like a ball field or big water tower and went for a great ride. Figured that out all be myself! It never ceases to amaze me how lazy and un-creative riders have become... mountainbiking is about exploration and discovery, that's part of the journey. Don't be a cry baby because people don't spoon feed you information that otherwise can have negative effects on the experience you are looking for.
    Tallboy LTc & Bronson

the train keeps rollin
    WTG Toddski, you and your video! always ruining a good thing.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Not sure if anythink you just posted was directed at me specifically, but I did state that research was done and the Marsh was riden without any outside help. The only question myself and TAG007 had was where the best place to park was.
    NKAWTG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddski
    hell no... It's because the trails on the watershed side are not allowed to have ANY sustainable trailwork done on them, I can see the big picture beyond my handle bars. The cop has been and continues to rip up well intended, but unaurtorized rock armoring, bridges... anything that he sees done to the trails. Permission to do necessary trail mateinace is always denied and answered with a big NO. Land magement sees bikers as a big *PIA and refuse to work with vollenteers who want to do the right thing. Sooo... yeah, do you still think it's a good idea to post specific directions to the "single track" for everybody and their mother to ride, accelerating *wear & tear?
    That is interesting. I've wondered about why that land over there couldn't have more use. Couldn't find any additional info on these forums, NEMBA, or internet to figure out why. What a waste. The cop i met over there on a quad was really friendly and he even let us follow him to the singletrack trailhead on our first ride out there.

As someone new to an area, without a riding group and connections i need to rely on the internet quite a bit. That being said i was able to find a place to park for the Marsh and found out how to get into the park without having to ask anyone. It is pretty easy to find such info using Google. From there i tend to wander into a park and explore until (i think) i find everything.

I've learned from posting in this area as well as when i rode in NJ that asking directions over a forum rarely goes well. At best it leads to bunch of crabiness and disappointment in your fellow riders. Joining group rides are is always easy, but if you want to go on your own, people don't like to put that out there for strangers.

mtbr member
    so, can I get directions to mt. aggie while we're at it? HAHAHA, sorry, had to. But, seriously I already found them on another site I frequent. there is only one trail system I know of that you can't find online
    Full time rider part time racer...

See my adventures here..

https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

cranktankerous Mainer
    fu$king A.. just posted a vid to get people stoked to ride this season?!...I think it's time for me to unplug from mtbr for good.

seriously tho... hasn't the Capt posted MANY videos showing the place and done trail updates all the time on here? I fail to see where this "secret" thing is coming from. Sorry, I just didn't think this was such a big deal.
    Tallboy LTc & Bronson

mtbr member
    Toddski, I think you need to chill. Nobody's blaming you for posting that sweet vid. The issue was the backlash over all the questions people were asking. I don't really know what all the crying is about. Video was posted, questions were asked, people got annoyed, clarifications were asked for. It's fine now, I get it. Live and learn, move on and ride.
    NKAWTG

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    This is really getting ridiculous.....let's just assume we are like minded people who are all chomping at the bit to ride after a long winter. I'd like to put this to rest if I may.....

I started building this trail system 10 years ago...... At first there was just a handful of us that would ride there. Every time I finished a new trail I would take them out there for an unveiling. Once the trail system got established I started inviting different people over to check it out. I was proud of the work I did and wanted to share it with others. As a result....word spread. I also put out the first vid of the place in "03". This got even more peoples attention. The days of the guided tours was ending and people were just showing up and exploring for themselves. The fact that The Marsh is usually one of the first places ready to ride in the area has also led to more riders seeking it out...not a problem. I have posted when the getting is good so it's not like I'm hiding anything. I would hope that after this, anyone reading this can respect my wishes as far as riding after a deluge, parking and dogs are concerned. If so, you are more than welcome....if not....do the rest of us a favor and ride somewhere else. See you on the trails.

mtbr member
    You have done a very nice job with the trails out there. I rode there for the first time this year last weekend. I did bring my dog but know that I would never leave a pile of poop in any of the trails out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dhmatt
    You have done a very nice job with the trails out there. I rode there for the first time this year last weekend. I did bring my dog but know that I would never leave a pile of poop in any of the trails out there.
    It's not so much that.....I have 2 dogs but I don't bring them out there. Case in point....A couple of weeks ago we headed out for a ride and encountered a group of riders heading in with 3 dogs. We quickly sped by and continued to do what we set out to do....ride. Unfortunately the dogs felt the need to follow us instead of staying with that group. After 10 minutes we had to stop and wait until we could send the dogs off with their owner in another direction. One of the dogs tongue was already in the dirt....we did an out and back and never saw that group again. I suspect the dog bonked and they had to leave. I don't think that was the ride everyone planned on going in....including us. If I run into someone riding with their dog somewhere else...so be it....I just don't think I should have to deal with them over here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt-high-pressure
    It's not so much that.....I have 2 dogs but I don't bring them out there. Case in point....A couple of weeks ago we headed out for a ride and encountered a group of riders heading in with 3 dogs. We quickly sped by and continued to do what we set out to do....ride. Unfortunately the dogs felt the need to follow us instead of staying with that group. After 10 minutes we had to stop and wait until we could send the dogs off with their owner in another direction. One of the dogs tongue was already in the dirt....we did an out and back and never saw that group again. I suspect the dog bonked and they had to leave. I don't think that was the ride everyone planned on going in....including us. If I run into someone riding with their dog somewhere else...so be it....I just don't think I should have to deal with them over here.
    I could go round and round with this debate I ride with my dog and I am sorry if that offends you. I know you build and maintain the trail system out there and if you happen to see me riding with my dog it is not to be disrespectful. I just enjoy riding with my dog and its been a long winter for the two of us.

the train keeps rollin
    @Toddski, Yes, tons of video footage and pictures of the Marsh have been posted in this forum. Lot's wankers needing their hand held to the trailhead, yeah?

And for the Dog lovers, that's gr8 you love your dog, and want to spend time with your canine buddy, but we don't, and we don't like poo in our tires.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter
    @Toddski, Yes, tons of video footage and pictures of the Marsh have been posted in this forum. Lot's wankers needing their hand held to the trailhead, yeah?

And for the Dog lovers, that's gr8 you love your dog, and want to spend time with your canine buddy, but we don't, and we don't like poo in our tires.

I guess if I am going to be honest here I could careless if it offends you. I think everyone should quit and just ride!

the train keeps rollin
    live free n ride!
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    I will make sure not to bring my dog(though I don't have one) I understand the poo on trails thing, but.... I can't speak for my buddies, they aren't house broken! some of you guys on here are like what ferris bueller says "if you put a lump of coal up his A$$ it would come out a diamond!"

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    And never, never ride this area on the third tuesday of an odd month, OR when the moon is in Uranus!

mtbr member
    You said Uranus. Haha
    NKAWTG

mtbr member
    The hard part about dog discussions is that those against them being on trails are constantly using other dog owners and dogs as validity to their opinion. Well i'm not that other dog owner and don't want to be compared to them; so there is nowhere you can really go with it. It really comes down to being respectful to the trails and others whether you own a dog or not. As a dog owner that likes to ride with my dog i would be double pissed to see someone let their dog poo on the trail.

My plan is to hit the marsh for the first time today, sans dog. Instead of sticking with me on the singletrack (which she does like a robot) she will be at the vet getting her series of yearly spring shots.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt-high-pressure
    One of the dogs tongue was already in the dirt....we did an out and back and never saw that group again. I suspect the dog bonked and they had to leave. I don't think that was the ride everyone planned on going in...
    Did the dog look like this? Silly Goose, why is/was your tongue so long?

Sorry 'bout the dog confusion. I apologized a bunch of times only to you give me the cold shoulder. You dont want dogs there, you could have told me right in person when we were standing next to each other .... instead, just cold shoulder.

Interesting how people can rant on message boards, but when it is in person, its a whole other ballgame.

Thanks for the trails. They are fun.

Billy

gooseMTBR by billyvandervalk, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by billybaru13
    Did the dog look like this? Silly Goose, why is/was your tongue so long?

Sorry 'bout the dog confusion. I apologized a bunch of times only to you give me the cold shoulder. You dont want dogs there, you could have told me right in person when we were standing next to each other .... instead, just cold shoulder.

Interesting how people can rant on message boards, but when it is in person, its a whole other ballgame.

Thanks for the trails. They are fun.

Billy

gooseMTBR by billyvandervalk, on Flickr

If I recall correctly....I did stop and wait for the dogs and then sent you off in another direction to separate us. I was pressed for time so I really just wanted to get going again. I'm not out to beat this into the ground....all are welcome ....I hope you come back and have a better experience next time. I know that most people that show up with their dogs weren't out to intentionally piss me off....As in your case....you had no idea. You were just in the wrong place at the right time I guess. Sorry, time to move and ride on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian
    The hard part about dog discussions is that those against them being on trails are constantly using other dog owners and dogs as validity to their opinion. Well i'm not that other dog owner and don't want to be compared to them; so there is nowhere you can really go with it. It really comes down to being respectful to the trails and others whether you own a dog or not. As a dog owner that likes to ride with my dog i would be double pissed to see someone let their dog poo on the trail.

My plan is to hit the marsh for the first time today, sans dog. Instead of sticking with me on the singletrack (which she does like a robot) she will be at the vet getting her series of yearly spring shots.
    On that note....I don't mind showing new riders the trails....it takes the guess work out of it. I work 3rd shift so afternoons are the best during the week. Just say'in.

mtbr member
    I just got into riding last year.. I can usually be found at Yudicky, Fomba, or Fort Rock.. As I read and see and hear about more and new places I search them out and ride them if the reviews are good..

This is one place I have on my list to hit but haven't sent a pm or done the work to find it.. I do however have a good idea where its located.. When I do ride it, I will respect it like I do every place I ride..

DOgs on the other hand should be left OFF the trails, where biking is dominant.. My first time at Fomba 2 years ago, 2 riders *****ed at me cause I didn't stop when there dogs took off on them.. That put a sour taste in my mouth with dogs.. Then later in the year I had a dog run out in front of me.. Keep them off the trails for my safety, and theirs..

Anyways, can't wait to check this place out.. Send it!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iboated
    I just got into riding last year.. I can usually be found at Yudicky, Fomba, or Fort Rock.. As I read and see and hear about more and new places I search them out and ride them if the reviews are good..

This is one place I have on my list to hit but haven't sent a pm or done the work to find it.. I do however have a good idea where its located.. When I do ride it, I will respect it like I do every place I ride..

DOgs on the other hand should be left OFF the trails, where biking is dominant.. My first time at Fomba 2 years ago, 2 riders *****ed at me cause I didn't stop when there dogs took off on them.. That put a sour taste in my mouth with dogs.. Then later in the year I had a dog run out in front of me.. Keep them off the trails for my safety, and theirs..

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Oh well, I think you tease me enough so that I search until I found where this could be and I think I found where this spot could be. When it's getting too secret, some people want to finds it even more...

I'm preparing a trip to New England for the upcoming week, I'm of course looking for interesting spot but what can I offer to you guys, I'll be around for about 4 days, not digging for sure, but make sure I share my part of trail maintenance on my local which you are than welcome to visit whenever you plan to come up here in Quebec.

Have a good one

mtbr member
    If you wanna bring your dogs an ride your bike, go to mines falls an stay off the single track. been chased by dogs too many times an almost bit on the leg while riding, most of the towns where these trails are located have leash laws, good luck riding like that! Also had $hit on my tires more than I can count!

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iboated

I'm glad you got into biking last year and are throwing your opinions around about dogs on the trail already. I guess i can't relate to the anti-trail-dog people how frustrating it is for people to tell you they don't want me riding with my dog based off of the actions of others. If that logic prevailed in all situations what a wonderful world this would be. Wouldn't it be great if the opinion of MTBers was based off of the few bad seeds that ride?

mtbr member
    MTBers have it pretty damn good! Try being an atver an having all your places closed due to a few a$$holes! seriously, nobody likes $hit on there tires! unfortunately that's how most recreational activities are ruined, the few idiots that ruin it for everyone!

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    So i went on my first ride of the season yesterday and the trails were nice. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and i look forward to running into you guys in the area in the future.

I spoke with Cap'n Pressure and a few others and i just want to relate what i took away from the dog situation. The marsh isn't a state park and remains active based on the patience and understanding of the neighborhood and land owners. So the emphasis is on doing as much as within your power to enjoy riding while disturbing the park and the surrounding area as much as possible. This includes parking a ways from the trails in a public lot, not bringing dogs, and not riding when the trails are wet. From my experience of sensitive trail situations i would also suggest that people limit their changing in public and don't drink beers at their cars. I've seen that kind of practice ruin trail access elsewhere.

So the emphasis on dogs is more about not rocking the boat versus just people that don't want dogs on mtb trails.

mtbr member
    MTBers have it pretty damn good! Try being an atver an having all your places closed due to a few a$$holes! seriously, nobody likes $hit on there tires! unfortunately that's how most recreational activities are ruined, the few idiots that ruin it for everyone!

Right, so in a similar situation when people are telling you they don't ATV's on the trails because other ATV'ers plow through the woods wherever they chose for a go around, or drink beer and throw their cans and bottles all over it is frustrating. It's a tough situation because you know that there are jerks that ride ATVs that do that crap and you don't like them either, in fact you probably like them less because of how their actions effect you.

I'm not anti ATV but i have seen once pristine singletrack ruined in a day.

I don't know what i can prove to people about me as a dog owner other than i have poop bags in my camelbak at all times. In fact i'm pooping in a bag right now as i type this; because that is how serious i am about this.

Paste eater

here ya go

...just fill out this form and I'd be happy to take the necessary actions. For the time being there is no option for: "There was a dog on my trail, in my way, I hate trail dogs b/c my wife made me get a shitzu" etc etc, BUT we are working hard and have committed to providing the highest level of butt hurt forms available today.

mtbr member
    that's just immature and not funny.

See my adventures here..

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yes I have a dog, that I take for runs. Yes I have been bit ( I have a scare to prove it) by a "well trained" golden retriever who goes on rides all the time. No I did not spook, it was looking right at me, I was talking to the owner, I coasted up slowly, slopping my pedal and saying "hi buddy" or something like that and it bit me on my lower leg and latching on. I hurt like hell. I don't understand all the B.S if someone built great trails on private land and all they ask is don't bring your dog, respect them or find somewhere else to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by murph62903
    Yes I have a dog, that I take for runs. Yes I have been bit ( I have a scare to prove it) by a "well trained" golden retriever who goes on rides all the time. No I did not spook, it was looking right at me, I was talking to the owner, I coasted up slowly, slopping my pedal and saying "hi buddy" or something like that and it bit me on my lower leg and latching on. I hurt like hell. I don't understand all the B.S if someone built great trails on private land and all they ask is don't bring your dog, respect them or find somewhere else to ride.
    I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement. Or at least we are past that.

On a side note i got my dog and girlfriend out on the trails at HP yesterday for their first 2011 ride and it was awesome. Felt like summer. There were a ton of hikers, dogs, riders, and horses all on the trails, and all having a good time.

think
    Jul 2008
    What time were you down at HP? I was out on the trails there from 10 am to 2:30 pm.

mtbr member
    Saw a Cherokee in the lot with your shop sticker in the window.

Was in there from 1-4PM.

think
    Jul 2008
    Ah right on. That's Charlie's jeep. Great riding that day, it was like summer time. The first time we stopped up by the gun club i was downright warm in a T shirt and shorts....then I realized that there was no leaves on the trees and we were in the sun while in the woods haha.

Members who have read this thread: 0