mtbr member
    Dec 2017

Idea! New lodging option in Carrabassett Valley: Hostel Of Maine

Wanted to drop in and let folks know we are open for business! We are under half a mile from the outdoor center, and direct access to some of the best trails in the area. We are not a traditional hostel, in the sense that we've taken over a 7000 sq/ft lodge, have super comfortable beds in our private and bunk rooms, and built our bunks with privacy and convenience in mind.

Check out our website for more info, or ask questions here and I'll try to answer them!

https://www.hostelofmaine.com/

New lodging option in Carrabassett Valley: Hostel Of Maine-hostelofmaine-outdoor-center.jpg

banned
    Nov 2017
    Nice!!! Thanx for sharing, will spread the word👍

mtbr member
    I gotta get up there and check it out...never been there to mountain bike. I grew up an hour from the Loaf and in the 70's I raced in HS when the original gondi was in place. It's a 6hr ride now but I still ski there at least a couple of times a year. My dad was part of the crew in the late 50's that cleared the first trails with Amos Winter. That place has special meaning to me and it would be so cool to experience it on wheels instead of ski's.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawReynolds View Post
    Nice!!! Thanx for sharing, will spread the word👍
    Thanks! We're super excited about the future of this area and being a part of it!

Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    I gotta get up there and check it out...never been there to mountain bike. I grew up an hour from the Loaf and in the 70's I raced in HS when the original gondi was in place. It's a 6hr ride now but I still ski there at least a couple of times a year. My dad was part of the crew in the late 50's that cleared the first trails with Amos Winter. That place has special meaning to me and it would be so cool to experience it on wheels instead of ski's.
    That's really cool. The area has changed so much - good and bad for sure. There's something about CV and the loaf that really draws people and generations of families especially. Hope to see you soon!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Good luck! Was up there last summer and biked for a few days in the area. Super fun and it seems like the Hostel is in a great location.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreman View Post
    Good luck! Was up there last summer and biked for a few days in the area. Super fun and it seems like the Hostel is in a great location.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I need to get back into mtb, but I've heard the single track is really enjoyable. We are considering doing some special stuff on our patio for the summer, so stay tuned!