mtbr member
    Apr 2016

Local help/advice

So I am in the market for a new mountain bike and am new to it. There are so many choices and I am trying to get the best all around bike for a good price, used may be my best bet but am not opposed to new if its the right price.

I am making this post asking if there is anyone local to the Jericho/Underhill Vermont area or within 30 minutes or so that would be willing to help me out? I have been in a lot of the local bike shops and there are some great ones that have been a lot of help but they all are trying to sell what they carry. Which I completely understand but I would really like someone that has a lot of experience on multiple brands and bike that is not attached/Biased to any one company.

I also started a thread awhile back for advice and was just overwhelmed by the help and response to thread and am greatly appreciative to all that responded. I learned a lot from them.

Just hoping can find someone local that would be willing to help out.

Thanks
    Travis

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Outdoor Gear Exchange and Bicycle Express have been awesome to work with. OGE, in particular, has great staff that are more advocates for the sport itself than for any specific manufacturer.

Also, join the Fellowship of The Wheel and VMTB groups on Facebook. You'll find that there are a lot of organized group rides, beginner clinics (free) that support novices and sometimes offer Demo bikes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by majorjake View Post
    Outdoor Gear Exchange and Bicycle Express have been awesome to work with. OGE, in particular, has great staff that are more advocates for the sport itself than for any specific manufacturer.

Also, join the Fellowship of The Wheel and VMTB groups on Facebook. You'll find that there are a lot of organized group rides, beginner clinics (free) that support novices and sometimes offer Demo bikes.

Thanks for the advice, they were very helpful at OGE but again they were pushing me towards only bikes they had in stock. Couldíve been just a sales person I got but obviously their job is to sell me something that they have in stock. Thatís why I am trying to find someone that really has no attachment or anything to gain by selling me a specific bike.

Again people at a local shops have been very helpful Iíve probably been in everyone of them at one point or another.

Thanks a lot for the advice

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travisvt View Post
    Thanks for the advice, they were very helpful at OGE but again they were pushing me towards only bikes they had in stock. Couldíve been just a sales person I got but obviously their job is to sell me something that they have in stock. Thatís why I am trying to find someone that really has no attachment or anything to gain by selling me a specific bike.

Again people at a local shops have been very helpful Iíve probably been in everyone of them at one point or another.

Thanks a lot for the advice
    Ask for Rick next time you go to OGE.