Kingdom Trails - 2008 Must Do Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kingdom Trails - 2008 Must Do Trails

Are there new trails that are "A Must Do" this time of year? It's been over a year since I've been there. Is there an area for skinnies, see-saws, ladder ramp type bridge climbs?

mtbr member
    Just went up 2 weeks ago. Trails to not miss; Tap n Die, Sidewinder and the new section of i believe West Branch ( right across from the bottom of sidewinder but id make the climb again and run it from the top). If you can shuttle up the new DH trail is awesome ( I didnt hit the Freefride trail ). Not many stunts around the locals must be hiding them. Have fun We are going back up the weekend of Oct 4 we'll be in the campground.

mtbr member

Kingdom Concentrated on repairs....

After the extremely wet June , July, and about 3 weeks of AUgust.....Kingdom Trails crews concentrated on adding wood, bench cuts, drainage work, and general repairs...not to much new this year.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Sep 2008
    headed to the kingdom in a coupla weeks...waahoo!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Im leaving Nashua NH at like 7am to go ride the Kingdom trail on Sunday and Monday with my buddy his girl and my girl. Can't wait.
    Mike G.

customized
    Sep 2003
    KT is in top form now. All the wet areas have been rerouted or repaired.

I can't wait to get back up there...

mtbr member
    We go about every 3 weeks it seems, my list is as follows:

Coronary Bypass from where Harp ends (Harp is still fun, but it has been logged a ton)
    Tody's over Tap & Die (T&D is cool but Tody's flows better and T&D has a pretty washed out section now)
    Sidewinder is always worth it......gotta love the climb out
    Webs and Old Webs are a blast
    Heaven's bench to Ridge (I think it is Ridge)
    Pines is a blast as well
    Fence Line and Poundcake are worth working into the ride if you can as well

Of course that is our opinion and your milage may vary.

Those are the ones off the top of my head....heading up the next 2 weekends.

Steve

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    J bar trail is very very sweet.

customized
    Sep 2003
    J bar is one of the best trails... just hard to connect it with the others.

One of my big favorite runs is Heaven's Bench, to Ridge, to Rim, then left on East Branch. Just ripper. Then a punch in the gut climb.

Got A Lust for Life...
    I love climbing up J bar and then back up and down the Mooses, over to Darling, ride that stuff and then make the arduous climb back up to the campground. Man, that place rocks.
    I am immune to your disdain.

customized
    Sep 2003
    Pretty much can't climb that trail... just can't. It is too good pointing down.

Got A Lust for Life...
    Quote Originally Posted by Severum
    Pretty much can't climb that trail... just can't. It is too good pointing down.
    Oops...I meant climbing up to J bar...
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    hey River19 i completly agree with all your suggestions. i just found tap n die unique in the way it ran plus he was asking about new stuff. and all you guys and gals riding back to the campground your nuts Joking haha.

mtbr member
    Ah yes new stuff.......I think I remember T&D being cut late last year or something. I will say that the KT guys did a great job with some bridge work etc. to get around some wet areas that would just keep getting bigger and ruin the trail eventually without some wood love.

We rode "worth it" last time and in our opinion it wasn't. Someone said Kitchel was washed out or something but I never confirmed this year, I just avoided it.......any confirmation?

Let's be clear here, all of the trails at KT are great trails overall, it is all relative however, so if "worth it" or some of the less memorable trails were local to me, I would ride them everyday with a smile on my face.

Oh and if you ride Webs, Coronary Bypass, Tody's etc. and don't have a smile on your face when done....you are officially broken.

Steve

mtbr member
    down right "giddy". We always finish with Kitchel...5 hours in so i can barly recall.seemed more grown in than washed out but at that point i just want a slice of pizza!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    We got back late last night from the trails in East Burke VT. We went up to ride Sunday stay over night and ride Monday. First day trail mentionables are Coronary bypass, pastore point loop, pastore point, pound cake. The second day we hit west branch, hog back, violets outback, sidewinder, and old webs. Not in any particular order, but i've never had so much fun in two days of riding in quite some time. Sidewinder was so much fun i wanted to walk back up it and do it again. Old web was also a blast even the girls liked that one. The best part is the locals are so nice and the trail are so nicely up keep that were heading back up in a couple of weeks.
    Mike G.

RHF
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Has anyone been to the trails recently- are they in good shape or are they wet? The website says they are in great shape (DH and FR trails closed), but not sure how often they update. Only 7 days until they close...

mtbr member
    Just got back today, two days of riding heaven! The trails are in great shape, a little wet in some spots but not bad. Today we did all the stuff on the eastside of Darling hill, those trails are great. Pines & East branch are a blast. Get up there while you can, they close next weekeend.

Members who have read this thread: 0