Killington or Mt. Snow for 1 day XC - 1 day DH?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Killington or Mt. Snow for 1 day XC - 1 day DH?

I'd like to go down to one of these two for a day of lift serviced stuff and a day of technical singletrack. Which of these two would you recommend?

I'm also open to other suggestions in VT, NY, NH if it could be better than these?

Thanks much.

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider
    I'd like to go down to one of these two for a day of lift serviced stuff and a day of technical singletrack. Which of these two would you recommend?

I'm also open to other suggestions in VT, NY, NH if it could be better than these?

Thanks much.

Here are my thoughts after riding all the above on a xc bike and a full on dh bike.

Killington--- trails are wide open and super fast, not allot of technical trails. Fun on a DH looking for speed.

Mt.Snow--- Super tech DH sections, but some trails require a ton of pedaling. Great place for a tough trail bike that can handle a mox of terrain. This would be my pick, as they have some very good woodsey technical singletrack and wide open fast stuff as well.

Another idea is hitting Attitash in Bartlett NH. Some very sick trails here. Plus they have water slides and other fun stuff included in the lift price.
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks, that's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Mt.Snow seems to fit like a glove, I like pedaling, I like woodsey tech singletrack and I have a tough trail bike!

I'll check out Attitash a little more but their web site says only 5 miles of downhill and 12 of XC (family oriented). The resort seems nice with the slides but heck I'm going for biking not bathing! haha

Thanks for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    Here are my thoughts after riding all the above on a xc bike and a full on dh bike.

Killington--- trails are wide open and super fast, not allot of technical trails. Fun on a DH looking for speed.

Mt.Snow--- Super tech DH sections, but some trails require a ton of pedaling. Great place for a tough trail bike that can handle a mox of terrain. This would be my pick, as they have some very good woodsey technical singletrack and wide open fast stuff as well.

Another idea is hitting Attitash in Bartlett NH. Some very sick trails here. Plus they have water slides and other fun stuff included in the lift price.