Hunting status of N. Vt Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Hunting status of N. Vt Trails

So what with the time change and me not getting out of work until 5, all my riding has been on the way into work between 6:00 and 7:30 in the morning. What with rifle season starting soon and me riding during prime hunting hours, I was wondering if someone who knows more than I do about the layout of the property boundaries could fill me in on the status of Perry Hill, The stowe town loops, the sterling valley trails, cadys falls, or mud city... I presume that the stowe town loops are safe, being on town forest land, but I don't know how close the trails cut to private land. The others, I have no idea.... I just don't want to get shot.

Lets RIDE!
    I don't know the specifics of hunting on the pieces of land you mention, but here is the schedule of VT hunting seasons for the remainder of this year. Children in the woods with rifles this weekend

Down here in RutVegas we have the luxury of Pine Hill Park being a no hunting zone.

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Amazingly enough, children's hunting weekend is much safer than regular rifle season. I can't think of a single recent hunting accident involving juve hunters, but can think of a half dozen involving adults... Maybe they should give adults a weekend and give kids the full two week season...

mtbr member
    Perry Hill is officially closed per the State starting on Nov 1st. Stowe town loops could still be open, and you may run into hunters..I have bumped into a few in there before.
    Get out and Ride!!

the train keeps rollin
    I'm not worried about it, these hunters go for big trophy bikes, you know, 29er wheeled bikes. I'm sticking to my 26er during hunting season.
    beaver hunt

Lets RIDE!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpahl
    Amazingly enough, children's hunting weekend is much safer than regular rifle season.
    True, and mostly I think because they don't drink. I used to work at a Rite Aid pharmacy that had a state liquor concession in the same building. The biggest sales day of the year on the liquor cash register was always the day before rifle season opened.

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

Members who have read this thread: 0