Hinesburg Town Forest Management Plan- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hinesburg Town Forest Management Plan

Hinesburg is still in the process of writing a new management plan for the Hinesburg Town Forest. This has been a 2 year process that has seen a lot of debate. Of course the Fellowship's trail network has been both supported heavily by Hinesburg riders, hikers, and trail runners, but it has also been opposed with vigor by neighbors of the forest, as well as other residents.

The plan is in the final stages and should be presented to the town select board before June.

The point of my posting here is to ask that you respect that the trails are currently closed due to spring conditions. Riders not acknowledging trail closures do nothing positive for the public face of mt. biking. The FOTW has done a great job advocating throughout the process, and they continue to do so. Please help the continued effort by observing the closures. The FOTW will go to the Town Forest Committee for approval when it's time to open the trails.

I feel confident saying that mt. biking will continue to have a place in the HTF. Thanks for doing your part, and thanks for listening.

**If you're really bored, you can access a draft of the plan on the Hinesburg town website under Town Forest Committee.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    And drive courteously on Hayden Hill rd. The neighbors will thank you and so will your car.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    +1. As a resident of a similar dirt road few miles south, nothing makes my blood boil like people driving fast (ie., over 20 mph).

Drive slow, smile, wave, be an ambassador... and then rip it up on the trails!!!

If we lost access to HTF, I would cry for days.

Members who have read this thread: 0