get out the snow tires

Printable View

• 10-28-2011
    lone ranger nh
    get out the snow tires
    heavy, wet, wind driven snow coming?????? kind of useless this early, except pissing off all the winter haters out there. unfortunately this could reek havoc on our trails. this will be the third time this year we had to do a major clearing of the trails. its alot of work. if we all pitch in with our local trail systems we can salvage the rest of our "season".
  • 10-28-2011
    Toddski
    aaah, I don't think this is a season changer yet, normal tires work just fine in snow, studs are for ice. ground not frozen & temps don't look cold next week. it'll be a little messy, but I think we will be okay and in good shape by next weekend.... at least on the seacoast. :thumbsup:
  • 10-28-2011
    lone ranger nh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddski View Post
    aaah, I don't think this is a season changer yet, normal tires work just fine in snow, studs are for ice. ground not frozen & temps don't look cold next week. it'll be a little messy, but I think we will be okay and in good shape by next weekend.... at least on the seacoast. :thumbsup:

i was being sarcastic. yeah its all going to melt and be a sloppy mess. i actually switched back to my spring tires yesterday.
  • 10-28-2011
    Toddski
    slop fest!... need to find a new fender.
  • 10-28-2011
    PitchCrew
  • 10-28-2011
    lone ranger nh
    let it snow let it snow
    didnt think i'd be sayin that in oct., but this is new england. pitch crew, time to call big jay and use that handy chainsaw shapener he has toddski, i have a sks front fender i like. install the plug in the steerer tube and the fender slides on and off easily.
  • 10-28-2011
    snowdrifter
    Fuk this snow, going to bring down trees on the trails, and power lines, pain in the ass!
  • 10-28-2011
    radair
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Fuk this snow, going to bring down trees on the trails, and power lines, pain in the ass!

Think of it as an opportunity to build some log rides, Nate.
  • 10-31-2011
    snowdrifter
    well, wasn't so bad, xc skiing and fall colors..
  • 10-31-2011
    newmarketrog
    yup, good surf too. win/win. nice to be able to do so many different activities in such close proximity.

more surf coming, local trails melting, sunday rivah and kmart offering up liftserved..............

how bout that stratham hill area with new trails and more coming? so close to the house:)

rog