Franklin Falls- Mtbr.com

Thread: Franklin Falls

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Franklin Falls

So i went out to franklin falls dam area the other day and the trails were in great shape dry no mud but grippy.I rode about 90% of the trails that day , man it showed me just how out of shape i have let myself get over the winter. Still had a blast trails are mostly flowy some tight sections .If you keep your momentum up they are great if your on the brakes too often it will eat up all your energy fast. So anyways if you have not ridden here or it has been a few yrs since like myself then give it a try although kind of small maybe 10 miles of trails its good for about 3hrs of riding if you do each trail only once in one direction .I personally found a few i like to turn around and go backwards once i have reached the end or junction. Also i had not seen any mesquito's and only a hand full of black flies if your in the darkest part of the woods and have stopped to rest for more than a couple min. also the best trail map i found was the nemba one.there are a few trails not on the maps yet though.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    good update, been meaning to get there, I hear its pretty nice!

Members who have read this thread: 0