Dickey/Welch legit?- Mtbr.com
    Who are the brain police?

Dickey/Welch legit?

Is the dickey/welch a legit trail for mountain bikes? I was directed to it by the info people where I'm staying.

I tried to be the mtb ambassador and stop well in advance of hikers and chat it up. I felt like a tourist attraction.

It was a sick climb and decent BTW... nice view at the ledge too. ..no pics, only memories.

The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member

Yup

Its Legit allright, and totally sweet! There is also Lots and lots of great single track right around the immediate Welch/ DIckey area.

A bit of hike-a bike depending on how its done.

Also try Mt. Cardigan, and Blueberry Mt. (just past Warren NH) if you like the slick rock/ technical thing.

beer thief
    Welch-Dickey and Cardigan have been on my to do list for a long time.

Thanks for adding another.

I need a helicopter.

mtbr member
    Where exactly is this place?
    NKAWTG

Its right off route-49 in Campton, NH.

Directions.

Its a really nice technical trail... And the hard climb pays for itself with an incredible view and a good DH.
    Ween - The Grobe

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by elsinore
    Also try Mt. Cardigan, and Blueberry Mt. (just past Warren NH) if you like the slick rock/ technical thing.
    More 411.. I'm not too far from Warren.
    beaver hunt

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Is the dickey/welch a legit trail for mountain bikes? I was directed to it by the info people where I'm staying.
    Not that climbing up Dickey/Welch would be a bad ride, butI wonder if they weren't actually directing you to the Dickey Notch trail...You would have seen this out the bottom to the left, instead of heading straight up. This trail connects with some forest service roads and onto the Swamp Ash trail out to Tripoli Road.

Not sure if anyone has hit the Swamp Ash Trail this year. I did a few times last year and it was a bear..no maint. from what I could tell...I came at it from the Tripoli road side the last time I was out and got lost.

Radair, I took Al H. and Phil out on the Dickey Notch and some other local stuff here a couple weeks ago....Good times...let me know if you are in the area for some riding.

Quote Originally Posted by BassChop
    Not that climbing up Dickey/Welch would be a bad ride, butI wonder if they weren't actually directing you to the Dickey Notch trail...You would have seen this out the bottom to the left, instead of heading straight up. This trail connects with some forest service roads and onto the Swamp Ash trail out to Tripoli Road.

Not sure if anyone has hit the Swamp Ash Trail this year. I did a few times last year and it was a bear..no maint. from what I could tell...I came at it from the Tripoli road side the last time I was out and got lost.

Radair, I took Al H. and Phil out on the Dickey Notch and some other local stuff here a couple weeks ago....Good times...let me know if you are in the area for some riding.
    Yes, I went straight up. The guy that suggested the ride said he just got back into mountain biking and that he thought the trail was kind of hard... but he really didn't seem to be in the kind of shape to make that climb or ride down.

I was surprised - and happy to find the level of difficulty that trail presented.
    Ween - The Grobe

Members who have read this thread: 1