camping near Kingdom Trails??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

camping near Kingdom Trails??

My g-friend and I will be taking a trip to VT in early July and plan to do some riding around Stowe and Burke. We'll be staying a few nights at Smuggler's Notch campground and then plan to head to Kingdom Trails. How far is Stowe from Kingdom Trails? Also what is the best campground near KT?

thanks!

Re-friggin'-Lax!!!

Hope this helps

http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/region4.cfm
    These are campsites near Kingdom Trails Look at # 9, 10 14a, & 11

To get to the Kingdom Trails from Smuggs. you get back on to RT 15 and head East, that will meet up with RT 2 in West Danville, go into St. Johnsbury and get onto 114 North into Burke.

Black Flies are pretty vicious right now and Mosquitos are starting up (I was in Belvedere all weekend Fly Fishing and lost 4 pints of Blood)
    Last edited by WEBERTIME; 06-15-2004 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Clarity

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

when is the peak of black fly season?

Black Flies are pretty vicious right now and Mosquitos are starting up (I was in Belvedere all weekend Fly Fishing and lost 4 pints of Blood)[/QUOTE]

i'll bring plenty of bug spray!

Apr 2004

Brighton State Park

Quote Originally Posted by wvboy
    Black Flies are pretty vicious right now and Mosquitos are starting up (I was in Belvedere all weekend Fly Fishing and lost 4 pints of Blood)
    i'll bring plenty of bug spray![/QUOTE]

My boyfriend and I are headed out to the Kingdom Trails July, 6. 7. and 8th, and we are camping at Brighton State Park. It sounded nice to me! Waterfront tent sites....of course, that might not have been a good decision considering the mosquito population this year! We're from Michigan....and the mosquitoes and flies have been hell this year.....so we'll be testing out different repellants to be prepared!

We are headed down from Canada, so that campground was on our way. The previous posting gave some good sites to check out.

Maybe we'll see ya out there!

mtbr member

zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by WEBERTIME
    http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/region4.cfm
    These are campsites near Kingdom Trails Look at # 9, 10 14a, & 11

To get to the Kingdom Trails from Smuggs. you get back on to RT 15 and head East, that will meet up with RT 2 in West Danville, go into St. Johnsbury and get onto 114 North into Burke.

I'll just take over this thread instead of posting another one.

I'm from Ontario, Canada and it looks like my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Vermont the last week of August before Labour day weekend. We hope to be out of the US by Thursday evening before the long weekend to beat the traffic. We'll probably spend three to four days there. I'm thinking the Kingdom trails may be a good place and we were thinking of staying at the "Burke Mountain Campground" because that's what the Burke area chamber of commerce suggests. Would staying at any of the state campgrounds be a better suggestion? Should we get a map of the kingdom trails before we head there or just pick one up in East Burke? We do not know the area at all. Any other suggestions?

Any restaurants that serve pasta in Burke? Any place to buy rice milk or other groceries?

Thanks in advance for your help.

May 2004
    I've heard Burke Mtn Campground is nice, hot showers, flushing toilets, etc.

I'm planning on a trip up there on July 9, 10, and 11.

Anyone going to be around there then?

Jun 2004

burke mountain campground #

Here is the number for the campground at the mountain, 802-626-1390. Leave them a message with when you want to stay, they may or may not call you back but they will put the reservation in.

That is the place to stay, you can ride to and from your campsite. It is real laid back, just leave your money in an envelope when you leave.

Ride out behind Irie cycles in stowe, kiss the guys butts when you go into the shop and ask how to find the trails it will help.

May 2004
    Thanks for the info Blockhead

Are you local?

May 2004
    Left a message with RJ of Burke Mtn campground.

Called back saying that the campground is having a Car race-Hill climb
    that weekend-->July 9 thru 11

He offered me to stay at the upper parking lot?
    Anybody know what that is?
    Should I look for something else? ($10 per night is tough to beat!)