Bolton Valley- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bolton Valley

bmx

Jul 2007

Bolton Valley

Hello,

How is Bolton Valley these days? I am planning to go there with a few friends this coming weekend, but we are cross country mountain bikers, not downhill. I have never been there, but by looking at the map, it looks like there is a lot to do (climbing and downhill).

thanks

mtbr member
    We've had a lot of rain up here recently. And BV stays notoriously wet. Give them a call for current trail conditions.

toby

bmx

Jul 2007
    Despite the rain, is Bolton Valley worth riding compare to the other places nearby (Stowe, Waterbury, Hinesburg) ?

thanks!

mtbr member
    There are better cross country opportunities in the area than bolton...try Waterbury (Five Hills Bikes), Stowe (IRide) or the Mad River Valley (Stark Mtn Bikes)...Contact the bikes shops before heading down....We have had some really good downpours the last couple of days and I am sure the trials will need a day or two to dry out.

livin' the dream......
    I skied BV 20 years ago when I was in high school on family vacations. We went there 3 years in a row and I have great memories of night skiing while it was just dumping. Any way, this has nothing to do with mountain biking, just cool to see people talking about this place.

Mar 2007
    Any updates on Bolton. They get the lift up and running again? Perhaps they might stray from their schedule of lightning strikes and floods and just open up on a weekend they didn't have planned?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bmx
    Despite the rain, is Bolton Valley worth riding compare to the other places nearby (Stowe, Waterbury, Hinesburg) ?

thanks!
    In a word, no. Just MHO.

Mar 2007
    Well Spank me and call me Susan! Bolton IS opening this weekend for half price. 15 bucks a day! See you there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn
    Well Spank me and call me Susan! Bolton IS opening this weekend for half price. 15 bucks a day! See you there.
    And an additional weekend added in September (9/15 & 9/16).

http://www.boltonvalley.com/mountain_biking/index.asp

toby

Members who have read this thread: 0