Wolfram At NAHBS- Mtbr.com
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Wolfram At NAHBS

WOW.

First Cycle Monkey showed this really slick looking Ventana Wolfram bike off and I was all ***Schwiiiinggg*** Off the hook! It's a 650b Plus bike designed for the Gates belt drive with a Rohloff internal hub. Kind of an anywhere bike. Very awesome. (but a bit out of my price range for the moment. (it's orange and below)

Wolfram Belt Drive Rohloff

Then I saw the OTHER Ventana Wolfram at NAHBS and I was like **Waaaahh!** It's a very similar build, 650b Plus with sliding drops and Gates belt drive, but this one has the Pinion transmission... (blue)

Wolfram with Pinion

I love both. Sadly, not in my near future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wolfram At NAHBS-screenshot-2016-03-03-23.19.42.jpg  

Wolfram At NAHBS-nahbs2016_01_h.jpg  

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Ever since I saw the Wolfram late last year for the Philly show that Cycle Monkey put together, I've wanted one. Replace my Chivo (650B Hardtail and Toro). and very different than my Zeus.
    Dam, first the Zeus replaces my Salty and Bruja, and now the Wolfram replaces two, why am I consolidating my QUIVER?!?!?!?!?
    Wolfram At NAHBS-pinion-wolfram-sm.jpg
    Wolfram At NAHBS-wolfram-gates-sm.jpg
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    This would be my dream machine for some serious adventure riding. Something like the Wolfram with 29" wheels and the Pinion gearbox would be perfect. Too bad I have too many other bike projects and expensive vacations coming up to consider this for quite a while.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I think this might need to be my next bike. One question I have is how much of a difference does full suspension make on the plus sized wheeled bikes? I want a plus size bike and am torn between something like this and something like the Ibis Mojo 3. Kind of like the Ventana so I can build it up the way I like it.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty3737 View Post
    I think this might need to be my next bike. One question I have is how much of a difference does full suspension make on the plus sized wheeled bikes? I want a plus size bike and am torn between something like this and something like the Ibis Mojo 3. Kind of like the Ventana so I can build it up the way I like it.
    Riding a Plus bike is like having an inch or so of suspension.

The plus gets you lots of grip on the trail and takes away a bit of the harsh edge, but it isn't going to feel like you are riding a full suspension bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty3737 View Post
    Aren't you limited to 2.8" tires with little room for mud clearance on the Mojo 3? I tried unsuccessfully to ride one at the Sedona MTB festival. Did ride a Salsa Pony Rustler - and it was f-ing awesome. Was almost ready to throw aside my Ciclon for it. Still thinking about doing so. Also demoed the specialized stumpy 27.5+ and it was blah in comparison to the pony rustler. Didn't ride a HardTail + sized bike and am now regretting it.

Curios if anyone out there has some trail time on the Wolfram. Torn because if it is anywhere near as fun as the Pony Rustler - it might be a better option for me to do multi day tours on - plus the ability to go rohloff or get the pinion frame.