Wolfram?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Wolfram?

I should be out riding

Wolfram?

These things have been out for awhile, yet canít find any reviews on them. Has anyone here ridden one or seen one in the wild?
    If it's not powered solely by you, it's motorized.

Worshiping at the Church of Singletrack since 1993.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Had this built in Spring of 2017. I'm a 3xl and so would be in the 29+ category for a stock wolfram. I really wasn't looking to go with plus tires so they customized this one slightly but putting the 27+ rear triangle with the 3xl front triangle and I ride 29s with a 2.5 in the front and 2.35 rear. Being a 3xl front triangle, the tubes are not curved by the head tube.
    I was coming off an el padrino with a 100 mm fork and finally getting a slack bike with a dropper has been just a blast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wolfram?-bike.jpg  

rock crusher
    Aug 2008
    I am also on a 3XL Wolfram. I run an MRP Stage 140mm up front with a 3.0 Chupacabra (very minor rubbing under load), and a 2.6 Maxxis Rekon out back. It is a big bike, but I love the 29+. It is not the thing for everyone, but for a bike of these huge proportions, it brings it back to looking balanced. The slack HA is great. For me, the 29+ is a nice compromise between a standard hardtail, and a big, inefficient FS bike (all of the ones I have ridden at 6'9"). I have yet to install my Bike Yoke Revive dropper... but this should make it even sweeter.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Hey, another tall clyde here, I'm considering a 29+ hardtail and am looking at the GG Pedalhead and the Wolfram. I'm 6'8" and 255lbs... I live near Bellingham, Wa.

Does any one have any more thoughts, pictures or feedback on the Wolfram as a burly trail bike?

Thanks,
    Eric

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Any additional thoughts on the Wolfram? I am thinking of ordering one soon, so I thought I would check back here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by DABIK View Post
    Had this built in Spring of 2017. I'm a 3xl and so would be in the 29+ category for a stock wolfram. I really wasn't looking to go with plus tires so they customized this one slightly but putting the 27+ rear triangle with the 3xl front triangle and I ride 29s with a 2.5 in the front and 2.35 rear. Being a 3xl front triangle, the tubes are not curved by the head tube.
    I was coming off an el padrino with a 100 mm fork and finally getting a slack bike with a dropper has been just a blast.
    Can I ask what about the plus tires made you want to customize the bike? Thanks!

NJC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Wolfram has been great

I've had my 29+ for about 4 years. Has been set up geared with suspension fork and ss rigid. Have loved it in all configurations. Semi-custom geometry worked out perfectly, Sherwood and Teresa were great to work with. Great quality frame, I ride it more than my Moots.

btw - I am 6'-6" 260 lbs - per earlier questions on how it is for a clyde, it works very, very well.