Ventanas on Ebay- Mtbr.com
    Villa10bos

Ventanas on Ebay

I am thinking on selling my Ciclón 07, but when looking into Ebay to get a market price, I noticed that there are none for sale. In fact there are no Ventanas for sale at all!!!!

Can someone let me know why is this?

In 10 years I had no problems what so ever with this bike, I have only regularly changed bearings and I also changed the rockers and switched the shock for a 5.5" travel one. That's all I have received great service from this bike, but I think it is time for something more modern. I am thinking on a Zeus or perhaps an Alpino, I don't see myself on a 29.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ventanas on Ebay-img_0037.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    You tend not to see too many Ventana's in the used marketplace, I think because there aren't that many to begin with, They only make less than 500 a year and more importantly, the trade in program.
    You can trade in your old frame for a 30% (!) discount off a new frame.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    You tend not to see too many Ventana's in the used marketplace, I think because there aren't that many to begin with, They only make less than 500 a year and more importantly, the trade in program.
    You can trade in your old frame for a 30% (!) discount off a new frame.
    I second that! If you plan to stay with the brand, do the trade in program. In the end you will get more from it then just selling it on the open market. Everyone wants carbon these days so aluminum is out of style.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I will echo what the guys have already said. Your post is proof the V's are built to last and fantastic bikes. The trade in program is a great way to stay in the Ventana camp on the cheap.

I have been on Ventanas for a long time now and have never been disappointed. Seems like you have really liked your Ciclon, look at a new Zeus. I just did a new Zeus with custom "more modern enduro" geo and it is flippin great.

Let us know if you have any questions, some great people on this forum.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1131234
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ventanas on Ebay-ventana-zeus.jpg  

Villa10bos
    Thank you guys, I really appreciate your advice. I wasn't sure if my bike might be accepted in the Trade in program. I will call Teresa and find out how I can arrange this. All people I know here have Specialized Enduros, Santa Cruces Nomads, or Ibis. Mostly carbon. I do not trust carbon specially when has a couple of years old. Most of these bike after a while have loose the rear and have cracking noises.

There is a Ventana's Rep here but I am not sure if they can do the trade in, will touch basis first with Teresa.

Nice Zeus set up, what shock is it? is that a Cane Creek?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos View Post
    Thank you guys, I really appreciate your advice. I wasn't sure if my bike might be accepted in the Trade in program. I will call Teresa and find out how I can arrange this. All people I know here have Specialized Enduros, Santa Cruces Nomads, or Ibis. Mostly carbon. I do not trust carbon specially when has a couple of years old. Most of these bike after a while have loose the rear and have cracking noises.

There is a Ventana's Rep here but I am not sure if they can do the trade in, will touch basis first with Teresa.

Nice Zeus set up, what shock is it? is that a Cane Creek?
    Thanks!!! Yes, it is a Cane Creek DB Air CS, works very well with the frame.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Noice! What geo changes did you do? I have the DB Inline, just waiting for it to blow up so I can move up to the DB Air CS too!
    -Aaron G.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    Noice! What geo changes did you do? I have the DB Inline, just waiting for it to blow up so I can move up to the DB Air CS too!

The CC DB Air CS in my opinion was a much better shock then the Inline, much better on big hits and fast chunk.

For geo (in 160mm travel setting)
    *65.5 HA
    *74* SA
    *13.5" BBH
    *16.5" ST (so I could run a 150mm dropper)
    *23.75" TT
    For reference I usually ride a 17" Ventana.

These changes have made the bike MUCH more stable and confidence inspiring on the downs and I feel I have really not given up anything on the climbs. No wheel flop, still really good on tight trails, ect. The newer geo most of the companies are going to now really allows you to ride the bikes at speed with much more confidence.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Nice choices, I crack up reading the now super slack angles, my first Bruja (V1) had a 69 * and was considered super slack! My current Zeus has a measured out head angle of 66.5 pretty happy with that for the riding I do, but I can see why you wanted the slacker angles.
    -Aaron G.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They sell so few (especially nowadays) that almost none show up on eBay. I used to see them more in the 2004-2010 timeframe, and then it seemed that they started to die down. Now I no longer see any on the trails here in Colorado.

CEO Product Failure
    I bought a Terramoto on Ebay 5 years back. I was the high bid up until the last 2 min's. I set my reserve about $200 (and change) higher than the current bid at the time. The last 2 min's, the snipers came out. I won the bid by less than $3. Whew. Turned out to be a GREAT bike for my youngest child.

Yeah, you don't see them often.