mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Ventana Alpino "So Trail...& Kinda Enduro"

I found a deal on a 2015 Alpino that was just too good to pass up. Tore down my Terremoto, had Dave Thomas at Speed Dream relace my hubs into some Flow Mk IIIs, and put on a 130mm Fox 34 fork. Short stem, wide bars, and some meaty tires merged with the lateral stiffness of the frame and fork make for an incredible trail bike.

I have ridden the bike 4 out of the last 5 days including a great 20 mile section of the Arizona Trail today. The bike is a rocket ship on the flats and climbs and just as capable and plush as my Terremoto on the downhills. I think that this one will be in the stable for sometime.

bervin...thanks for the reviving the forum with that great Zeus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ventana Alpino "So Trail...& Kinda Enduro"-image-2-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mattf View Post
    I found a deal on a 2015 Alpino that was just too good to pass up. Tore down my Terremoto, had Dave Thomas at Speed Dream relace my hubs into some Flow Mk IIIs, and put on a 130mm Fox 34 fork. Short stem, wide bars, and some meaty tires merged with the lateral stiffness of the frame and fork make for an incredible trail bike.

I have ridden the bike 4 out of the last 5 days including a great 20 mile section of the Arizona Trail today. The bike is a rocket ship on the flats and climbs and just as capable and plush as my Terremoto on the downhills. I think that this one will be in the stable for sometime.

bervin...thanks for the reviving the forum with that great Zeus.
    Killer looking sled Matt, thanks for posting it. I think the Alpino is in the sweet spot for 75%+ of most peoples riding.