Thread end?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 65 of 65

Thread: Thread end?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,985

    Thread end?

    have you Ventana fans seen that the Ventana forum is about to be cancelled? it's pretty obvious that it doesn't get a lot of attention, but wouldn't it be sad to see it completely dropped? i'm as guilty as any of you, but i would definitely like to see it survive. how about you?

    post up something, anything.
    breezy shade

  2. #2
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    have you Ventana fans seen that the Ventana forum is about to be cancelled? it's pretty obvious that it doesn't get a lot of attention, but wouldn't it be sad to see it completely dropped? i'm as guilty as any of you, but i would definitely like to see it survive. how about you?

    post up something, anything.
    No way I’ve just bought a new Zeus frame still in its box. This is a substitute to my 11 year el ciclon that it was too old but still in good order

  3. #3
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Reputation: PHeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,415
    Not surprising.

    Much of it has to do with interest in the brand, and if Ventana isn't creating new bikes, or the new bikes they do aren't of much interest to the vast majority of riders, the Manufacturer Specific Forum will be binned into "Custom Builders".

    Personally, I think the Ventana seat stay angles are ugly, even if the front triangles do look more modern, but it's also the fact that despite the company keeping up with geometry trends, they aren't really getting into 29+ or 275+ full suspension bikes.

    Lenz stays relevant by offering niche bikes. Guerrilla Gravity stays relevant by offering attractive, aggressive designs.

    Part of the reason Ellsworth lost so much market was because they didn't update the designs or do market research to determine what consumers thought was a "sexy bike." Meanwhile they were jacking up prices.

    Have you seen REEB's full suspension? Terribly ugly.

    As much as people hate to say it, looks matter in this industry, and Ventana looks well, dated.
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

  4. #4
    Music & Bikes
    Reputation: fokof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,523
    Another reason might be that people are very satisfied with their bikes and don't come around here to complain.

    I don't think a company has to do 650 , 700 , 650+ , 700+ , FB , gravel , road bikes to survive. Do a couple , do it well.
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

  5. #5
    Out spokin'
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    9,744
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Have you seen REEB's full suspension? Terribly ugly.
    Specifically what do you find so ugly about it? Personally I think it looks similar to so many other FS bikes out there. That's not a compliment. Bike manufacturers can't expect to bore anybody into buying anything. I just don't see any standout good or bad thing about the Reeb -- seems to me it's an also ran. What do you see?
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  6. #6
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    "Part of the reason Ellsworth lost so much market was because they didn't update the designs"

    Personally I did own an Ellsworth Id and had many issues with frame alignment, and brake noise. I spend much time looking for solutions in their forum... not so with my Ventana El Ciclon. I had issues, but for changing suspension bearings after some time of use. I did ask Ventana Service directly, great service really. This is a great brand

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,742
    Getting rid of this forum is a mistake. Ventana has been around since the 80s; they still make desirable bikes; and I'm pretty sure Ventana supplies tubing for other bike brands. My impression is that Sherwood/Ventana is one of the pioneer manufacturers of this industry.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Darth Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,268
    It would be cool to own a Ventana. They are local to me. Before starting his business, Sherwood worked at my current employer. Some of the old timers here remember him fondly.

  9. #9
    fraid of heights
    Reputation: stiingya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,712
    Totally wanted a Ventana back in the day, just couldn't afford one! Would be nice to see some design updates, once piece rockers, updated stays, tire clearance, metric shocks, drop outs, etc.

    Ventana is a great brand!!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,172
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    have you Ventana fans seen that the Ventana forum is about to be cancelled? it's pretty obvious that it doesn't get a lot of attention, but wouldn't it be sad to see it completely dropped? i'm as guilty as any of you, but i would definitely like to see it survive. how about you?

    post up something, anything.
    Interesting. Where did you see this?

    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Not surprising.

    Much of it has to do with interest in the brand, and if Ventana isn't creating new bikes, or the new bikes they do aren't of much interest to the vast majority of riders, the Manufacturer Specific Forum will be binned into "Custom Builders".

    Personally, I think the Ventana seat stay angles are ugly, even if the front triangles do look more modern, but it's also the fact that despite the company keeping up with geometry trends, they aren't really getting into 29+ or 275+ full suspension bikes.

    Lenz stays relevant by offering niche bikes. Guerrilla Gravity stays relevant by offering attractive, aggressive designs.

    Part of the reason Ellsworth lost so much market was because they didn't update the designs or do market research to determine what consumers thought was a "sexy bike." Meanwhile they were jacking up prices.

    Have you seen REEB's full suspension? Terribly ugly.

    As much as people hate to say it, looks matter in this industry, and Ventana looks well, dated.
    Funny. IMO, Lenz and GG make some of the ugliest bikes out there. I’m not a big fan of the newer Ventana frames either, but they don’t look terrible. I think GG stays more relevant due to the community they have created over the bikes, but I have not ridden a Guerrilla Gravity bike yet.

    I wonder where Ventana is with the updated El Capitan that was talked about earlier this year?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,985

    fc Ventana comment

    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Interesting. Where did you see this?


    ============================
    Rider Passion & Stories Forum, Forum Improvements- feedback?, page 2, thread #53, last sentence
    ============================


    Funny. IMO, Lenz and GG make some of the ugliest bikes out there. I’m not a big fan of the newer Ventana frames either, but they don’t look terrible. I think GG stays more relevant due to the community they have created over the bikes, but I have not ridden a Guerrilla Gravity bike yet.

    I wonder where Ventana is with the updated El Capitan that was talked about earlier this year?
    see above
    breezy shade

  12. #12
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    You working on building up the Zeus, Villalobos? The Zeus is really a fantastic bike.

    That would be a damn shame if the Ventana forums disappeared. They really are a great group of people to work with and the quality of bikes that they put out is top notch.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  13. #13
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    You working on building up the Zeus, Villalobos? The Zeus is really a fantastic bike.

    That would be a damn shame if the Ventana forums disappeared. They really are a great group of people to work with and the quality of bikes that they put out is top notch.
    Hey! Yes I am building my Zeus I just hope to have it ready for jan-19. I am a bit concerned about the brand and all my friends have more expensive carbon bikes...I have seen a couple of them broken but due to abuse. I came from an old M Ciclon but Sherwood suggested a L for the Zeus...

  14. #14
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos View Post
    Hey! Yes I am building my Zeus I just hope to have it ready for jan-19. I am a bit concerned about the brand and all my friends have more expensive carbon bikes...I have seen a couple of them broken but due to abuse. I came from an old M Ciclon but Sherwood suggested a L for the Zeus...
    Don’t be concerned...since you also own a El Ciclón as I do, you know Ventanas are solid. My 2011 Ciclón is great, so I ultimately decided to buy a new Ventana when it came time to build a new bike. I wouldn’t worry about the new frame size either since the Zeus has a lower stand over height. My 21” Zeus is an inch shorter than my 21” Ciclón. My Ciclón felt a bit tall to me at first, but the Zeus is a beautiful fit. I finished building my Zeus a few months ago and I’m really loving the bike.

    I demoed some really high end carbon bikes when I was choosing my next build. I rode the Ibis Mojo 3 & HD4, S-Works Specialized Enduro, Yeti SB6, Transition Sentinel and Patrol among others, but I’m really happy with my decision. The frame is VERY laterally stiff and seems to climb better than the majority of the bikes I was considering. I really think you’ll be happy with your new frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-cb055541-94d3-4092-b113-a4782a1727be.jpg  

    Thread end?-d3420f44-59a3-4478-8b22-ba1b5d131dd1.jpeg  

    Thread end?-dfb202cd-2ee3-4b11-a5a0-2181238d194f.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  15. #15
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    Don’t be concerned...since you also own a El Ciclón as I do, you know Ventanas are solid. My 2011 Ciclón is great, so I ultimately decided to buy a new Ventana when it came time to build a new bike. I wouldn’t worry about the new frame size either since the Zeus has a lower stand over height. My 21” Zeus is an inch shorter than my 21” Ciclón. My Ciclón felt a bit tall to me at first, but the Zeus is a beautiful fit. I finished building my Zeus a few months ago and I’m really loving the bike.

    I demoed some really high end carbon bikes when I was choosing my next build. I rode the Ibis Mojo 3 & HD4, S-Works Specialized Enduro, Yeti SB6, Transition Sentinel and Patrol among others, but I’m really happy with my decision. The frame is VERY laterally stiff and seems to climb better than the majority of the bikes I was considering. I really think you’ll be happy with your new frame.
    Nice orange color of your Zeus. I would add a word for the service. First I really got a very good deal with the frame and secondly Teresa handled options with the patience of a saint...I am really happy with the quality of the frame, paint, etc.

    I want to ask you, how wide are your rims and tires. Do you know how far I can go with fat tires with the Zeus? Thanks

  16. #16
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos View Post
    Nice orange color of your Zeus. I would add a word for the service. First I really got a very good deal with the frame and secondly Teresa handled options with the patience of a saint...I am really happy with the quality of the frame, paint, etc.

    I want to ask you, how wide are your rims and tires. Do you know how far I can go with fat tires with the Zeus? Thanks

  17. #17
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Good looking Ciclón, man!

    My Zeus’s got 31mm inner/38mm outer width rims with 2.35” tires. I’ve only had the bike for a few months, so haven’t tried fatter tires, but I’m loving the way it’s set up now. There does seem to be a great deal of clearance in the stays, but the tire contacting the seat tube with chubby 2.4’s or bigger would be something to watch out for on your Zeus. Running the frame in 140mm mode and the shock with more high speed compression might help minimize any problems. People were very helpful on another Zeus thread when I was building mine with regards to choosing a tire size. Internal14 had run larger tires than I’m running now with good results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-777c3999-1a04-4d23-a107-fa2cce5e1efc.jpeg  

    Thread end?-5c795a91-36b7-4d07-a492-8622ceb44571.jpg  

    Thread end?-5050b876-a4e0-4865-86e5-dcdedb2a700e.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  18. #18
    No known cure
    Reputation: Vader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,212
    It's not a disposable Giantrekspecialized. I ordered this in 12/09.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-bzz-011-800x594-.jpg  

    Ripping trails and tipping ales

  19. #19
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    It's not a disposable Giantrekspecialized. I ordered this in 12/09.

    ...and it’s still a great bike that’ll last years.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  20. #20
    CEO Product Failure
    Reputation: bingemtbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,174
    Not sure if this forum is getting deleted or not. If it is getting the ax, then that is a MAJOR mistake. I am not certain how the traffic (or lack there of) is causing any strain on MTBR's server.

    For the record and in my experience, Ventana is one of the pillars of the mountain biking manufacturing community. Everyone has their own taste in design so if their style isn't for you, move along. However, consider:
    1. Designed, manufactured, and serviced in Rancho Cordova. Not China. Just outside Sacramento.
    2. Privately owned. Not part of a conglomerate. A business owned by people with passion for the sport and their customers.
    3. Outstanding customer service. When you call, either Teresa or Sherwood answer. Those names might not mean something to you, but let me tell you, they are Ventana. They listen. They offer solutions. They work with you.
    4. Their frames are GORGEOUS. The lines of the tubing to the consistency of their welds. Utterly fantastic.
    5. They offer custom. Want a special size? You got it. Want a special color? You got it.
    6. Tandems. Holy cow. Ventana tandems are the holy grail of tandems. I do not own one. I know several who do. A Ventana tandem is more sought after than a unicorn on the Crazy-Hot matrix.

    What do I know? I've been riding Ventanas since 2003. While my stable includes 5 bikes, my primary ride (currently a custom Ciclon) is always a Ventana. My wife has 6 bikes, she also has an El Salts. Our youngest son has an El Terramoto, he loves it.

    I cannot recommend and endorse Ventana LOUD enough. They are real. They love riding. It will be disappointing if this forum goes away. MTBR will lose a resource which represents one of the quietest more reliable well engineered brands ever.

  21. #21
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    Not sure if this forum is getting deleted or not. If it is getting the ax, then that is a MAJOR mistake. I am not certain how the traffic (or lack there of) is causing any strain on MTBR's server.

    For the record and in my experience, Ventana is one of the pillars of the mountain biking manufacturing community. Everyone has their own taste in design so if their style isn't for you, move along. However, consider:
    1. Designed, manufactured, and serviced in Rancho Cordova. Not China. Just outside Sacramento.
    2. Privately owned. Not part of a conglomerate. A business owned by people with passion for the sport and their customers.
    3. Outstanding customer service. When you call, either Teresa or Sherwood answer. Those names might not mean something to you, but let me tell you, they are Ventana. They listen. They offer solutions. They work with you.
    4. Their frames are GORGEOUS. The lines of the tubing to the consistency of their welds. Utterly fantastic.
    5. They offer custom. Want a special size? You got it. Want a special color? You got it.
    6. Tandems. Holy cow. Ventana tandems are the holy grail of tandems. I do not own one. I know several who do. A Ventana tandem is more sought after than a unicorn on the Crazy-Hot matrix.

    What do I know? I've been riding Ventanas since 2003. While my stable includes 5 bikes, my primary ride (currently a custom Ciclon) is always a Ventana. My wife has 6 bikes, she also has an El Salts. Our youngest son has an El Terramoto, he loves it.

    I cannot recommend and endorse Ventana LOUD enough. They are real. They love riding. It will be disappointing if this forum goes away. MTBR will lose a resource which represents one of the quietest more reliable well engineered brands ever.

    This is all very true.

    I think that the vast majority of mountain bikers these days are buying carbon bikes due to the fact that they’re regarded as stiff and light. As we all know, Ventana frames are incredibly stiff. I’ve never felt any flex in my frames and I’m around 230lbs. My XL Zeus also came in at just a touch over 31lbs and I certainly didn’t build it up with weight savings in mind. That’s weight’s very comparable to a carbon bike in a similar size. Hell, an XL Kona Process weighs 32.5 according to a review I’m looking at.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,172
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    Not sure if this forum is getting deleted or not. If it is getting the ax, then that is a MAJOR mistake. I am not certain how the traffic (or lack there of) is causing any strain on MTBR's server.

    For the record and in my experience, Ventana is one of the pillars of the mountain biking manufacturing community. Everyone has their own taste in design so if their style isn't for you, move along. However, consider:
    1. Designed, manufactured, and serviced in Rancho Cordova. Not China. Just outside Sacramento.
    2. Privately owned. Not part of a conglomerate. A business owned by people with passion for the sport and their customers.
    3. Outstanding customer service. When you call, either Teresa or Sherwood answer. Those names might not mean something to you, but let me tell you, they are Ventana. They listen. They offer solutions. They work with you.
    4. Their frames are GORGEOUS. The lines of the tubing to the consistency of their welds. Utterly fantastic.
    5. They offer custom. Want a special size? You got it. Want a special color? You got it.
    6. Tandems. Holy cow. Ventana tandems are the holy grail of tandems. I do not own one. I know several who do. A Ventana tandem is more sought after than a unicorn on the Crazy-Hot matrix.

    What do I know? I've been riding Ventanas since 2003. While my stable includes 5 bikes, my primary ride (currently a custom Ciclon) is always a Ventana. My wife has 6 bikes, she also has an El Salts. Our youngest son has an El Terramoto, he loves it.

    I cannot recommend and endorse Ventana LOUD enough. They are real. They love riding. It will be disappointing if this forum goes away. MTBR will lose a resource which represents one of the quietest more reliable well engineered brands ever.
    All good points, but they aren’t going to make any sales if they don’t reply to emails. Mine went unanswered.

  23. #23
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Just call them. Remember that they’re a small company that gets pretty busy. I’ve had an email go unanswered, so I called and Sherwood picked right up.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  24. #24
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98

    Thread end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    Just call them. Remember that they’re a small company that gets pretty busy. I’ve had an email go unanswered, so I called and Sherwood picked right up.
    In my case took some time as I wanted to make sure of the frame size. Later I took some time to choose color and for paying in full. I live in Mexico city and Teresa got for me a very good deal with fedex. I am very happy with my frame as I am still gathering the parts.I must say that service is personalized and excellent

  25. #25
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Sweet blue frame, Villalobos. Photos never do a Ventana powder coat job justice. All that beautiful metal flake is hard to catch in a pic, but somehow you caught some of it. Nice truing stand too. Hope you post photos when it’s ready
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  26. #26
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    Sweet blue frame, Villalobos. Photos never do a Ventana powder coat job justice. All that beautiful metal flake is hard to catch in a pic, but somehow you caught some of it. Nice truing stand too. Hope you post photos when it’s ready
    Photo does not make justice to the quality of painting, and this is the basic paint option offered by Ventana

  27. #27
    CEO Product Failure
    Reputation: bingemtbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos View Post
    In my case took some time as I wanted to make sure of the frame size. Later I took some time to choose color and for paying in full. I live in Mexico city and Teresa got for me a very good deal with fedex. I am very happy with my frame as I am still gathering the parts.I must say that service is personalized and excellent
    Love that color! My wife has it on her El Salts. Truly stunning.

  28. #28
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    In the interest of keeping the Ventana chatter alive, I took pics of mine in the wild yesterday on the neighborhood trail network
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-415db6a3-2a7f-447a-9237-62362333f3d3.jpeg  

    Thread end?-d2224c3f-77cc-471b-b16c-fb502ac6f9a2.jpeg  

    Thread end?-fb199a72-5c11-401e-9182-d14aaa1a6503.jpeg  

    Thread end?-042b57bc-42af-4540-b83b-5dec5d1f0085.jpg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  29. #29
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    ...one of the handful of people I met out there on the trails yesterday is actually the proud owner of a El Conquistador De Montañas, though he wasn’t riding it since this particular park is full of some seriously tight switchbacks.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  30. #30
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    A couple of shots from a recent ride near the house. I recently installed some foam tire inserts mostly to protect the wheels. I’m really enjoying being less worried about running lower pressures than I was before.

    Hey Villalobos, how’s the build going? Hope you get to post completed photos of your Zeus soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-27e1ad34-4451-440f-9093-09377ac0a4e6.jpeg  

    Thread end?-6c14fe5d-7768-47a5-bdee-342828c2f9b0.jpeg  

    Thread end?-a5025ff1-4228-4449-8428-aa42d0da2e48.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,396
    That looks sweet bromy...where are you it looks like that in February?? CA
    whatever...

  32. #32
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite View Post
    That looks sweet bromy...where are you it looks like that in February?? CA
    That’s Skeggs, on the SF peninsula. We went out there again today since it was our last shot before the rain returns this week. I went low-tech today and took the rigid steel whip out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-7e6e7585-2871-4f55-91d8-db453dd96a2a.jpeg  

    Thread end?-bfd52d2d-e5c8-4e2b-81b5-e26833155d51.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  33. #33
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    A couple of shots from a recent ride near the house. I recently installed some foam tire inserts mostly to protect the wheels. I’m really enjoying being less worried about running lower pressures than I was before.

    Hey Villalobos, how’s the build going? Hope you get to post completed photos of your Zeus soon!
    Ol Bromy Hey! Still building hopefully I’ll have my new Zeus in March. I am expecting the last parts in 2-3 weeks. This is a MRP Ribbon air 160mm fork; a Chris King rear hubshell: and a couple of 2.35 o 2.40 wide tires. As soon as I get them I will send a pick or two of the new bike. This is for the time being and this is what I am riding since I disassembled completely my Ciclon since I was planning to sell it by parts...but I think I will keep it for good...

  34. #34
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos View Post
    Ol Bromy Hey! Still building hopefully I’ll have my new Zeus in March. I am expecting the last parts in 2-3 weeks. This is a MRP Ribbon air 160mm fork; a Chris King rear hubshell: and a couple of 2.35 o 2.40 wide tires. As soon as I get them I will send a pick or two of the new bike. This is for the time being and this is what I am riding since I disassembled completely my Ciclon since I was planning to sell it by parts...but I think I will keep it for good...

  35. #35
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Sweet Yo Eddy! Don’t see those classics everyday. Didn’t the guys at Ventana build the latest Fat Chance frames? Seem to remember a photo of the frames hung in the Ventana shop posted on Facebook.

    I’m also not parting with my Ciclón. She’ll make a great spare full suspension bike or maybe a winter bike. Planning to take the Ciclón up north on vacation in a couple of weeks for some seriously muddy rides under the redwoods. Should be fun
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  36. #36
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    Sweet Yo Eddy! Don’t see those classics everyday. Didn’t the guys at Ventana build the latest Fat Chance frames? Seem to remember a photo of the frames hung in the Ventana shop posted on Facebook.

    I’m also not parting with my Ciclón. She’ll make a great spare full suspension bike or maybe a winter bike. Planning to take the Ciclón up north on vacation in a couple of weeks for some seriously muddy rides under the redwoods. Should be fun
    Yes I think Chris Chance is or was sharing some space at Ventana’s for his bikes...this bike shines going up no so going down, require lots of body english. As for my Ciclon I intend to rebuild with lighter parts and have a lighter trail version of same

  37. #37
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Brought the Ciclón up north for some wet rides. We pedaled around Jackson Demo for about 4 hours today and we had a blast. The trails that we checked out today have held up to all of the rain surprisingly well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-6c6da857-9206-4a3e-9d90-6b2669156646.jpg  

    Thread end?-e49f3560-89ef-4275-a7d1-78571610e662.jpeg  

    Thread end?-30b5a326-6cb4-4e62-a9c5-2ce73441acbe.jpg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  38. #38
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    My Ciclón might have small hoops, older geometry, drivetrain and shock, but she climbed like a champ today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-c7ecc0cd-56ae-4b21-993e-bfbc70a8f49c.jpeg  

    Thread end?-39ee5b7c-3660-49c8-8277-bf5054b09d0b.jpeg  

    Thread end?-d188f4b3-fc71-4394-bfe1-43472174c862.jpeg  

    Thread end?-6a2339c0-8eba-4f29-95ad-9f49313bca6e.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  39. #39
    The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Reputation: mtnbiker4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,716

    El Chiquillo

    Here is a picture of my kids little brat......love the blue but I'm more of a matte color person.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-lil-brat-2.jpg  


  40. #40
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life View Post
    Here is a picture of my kids little brat......love the blue but I'm more of a matte color person.
    That blue is a very nice color.

    We decided to go visit the old growth redwood today. Lots of steep climbing to get there, but the payoff is a long serpentine descent. The Ciclón’s been a lot of fun this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-fd6bf35e-9b3c-40be-87b2-a6f9e0f8ab70.jpg  

    Thread end?-10ebe0a4-0a0a-4d9b-83b5-4d05f7807c86.jpeg  

    Thread end?-c1e5f317-f7e0-4909-8cf6-cbcea2657412.jpeg  

    Thread end?-3bb4b62e-746c-4590-aee1-6abed227300b.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  41. #41
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Took the Zeus up the hill to Skeggs today. The weather was perfect and my wife and I had a great time. Got pizza and beers to celebrate after
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-609dbb3a-4a76-4b45-980f-18865d6b488d.jpeg  

    Thread end?-0c350481-fecc-440d-9e59-5cc693ef21a8.jpeg  

    Thread end?-0bbac7d9-cb91-4f0d-8909-c9936fdb1b53.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  42. #42
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    Took the Zeus up the hill to Skeggs today. The weather was perfect and my wife and I had a great time. Got pizza and beers to celebrate after
    Cheers! Nice trail Ol Bromy. Hopefully I will finish my Zeus set up next week. Have to wait sometime to ream and face my frame. I was expecting this and asumed that it was done at ventanas but they didnt...

  43. #43
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos View Post
    Cheers! Nice trail Ol Bromy. Hopefully I will finish my Zeus set up next week. Have to wait sometime to ream and face my frame. I was expecting this and asumed that it was done at ventanas but they didnt...
    Too bad they didn’t face everything for you. They faced mine because they wanted to install my bottom bracket since I asked them to thread the shell for a T47 BB.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  44. #44
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    Too bad they didn’t face everything for you. They faced mine because they wanted to install my bottom bracket since I asked them to thread the shell for a T47 BB.
    The thing is that I got the frame as a special, used by someone two rides or so. Then it was matte black, and Teresa told me that they will change bearings, shock and all rear, plus they will charge me $50 to repaint as option. Well I asked to repaint the frame but forgot to ream the new paint. I didnt ask...but if I had, I am sure they would have. Anyway almost ready but I am not sure how it rides in 160mm mode...I am not a jumper, I believe you did mention that you have the Zeus suspension at 140mm. Is it better for the single rrack in you pictures? How about something more step?

  45. #45
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos View Post
    The thing is that I got the frame as a special, used by someone two rides or so. Then it was matte black, and Teresa told me that they will change bearings, shock and all rear, plus they will charge me $50 to repaint as option. Well I asked to repaint the frame but forgot to ream the new paint. I didnt ask...but if I had, I am sure they would have. Anyway almost ready but I am not sure how it rides in 160mm mode...I am not a jumper, I believe you did mention that you have the Zeus suspension at 140mm. Is it better for the single rrack in you pictures? How about something more step?
    I am still running my Zeus in 140mm mode and haven’t tried 160 yet. It climbs really well even without flipping the climb switch on the shock and that’s great on our local trails since there are lots of long torturous fire road climbs after descending from the trailhead. The bike soaks up our local rocks and roots great as well. I’d like to take it into the Sierras to ride some rockier terrain and that’s when I’d set it to 160mm.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  46. #46
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    This was yesterday’s ride...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-e82bccc7-119b-4a58-b00c-2b9b849e183b.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bigdrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,305
    Interesting read through this thread about the potential of Ventana getting kicked from the manufacturer forum. I had one of the first El Rey’s off the production line. I always thought it was held back by the absolute POS Fox RP3 shock that came on it. Lovely bike otherwise.

    Anyways I think Ventana has something many MTB’ers are looking for. 1) a frame that costs closer to $2K than $3k+. Seems like $3,250 is the new normal for carbon frames? 2) Reasonable weight. 3) Durable, something that won’t crack after a minor mishap.

    It seems there are more than a couple companies killing it with their aluminum frames nowadays. IMHO Ventana does aluminum better than the rest but they just need a little refresh of their designs. Hell, the EL Rey doesn’t seem to different than the one I had 11 or so years ago.

    Ventana just needs to ditch the stupid PF30 BB and go back to threaded, jump to superbooast rear axel and reimagine the rear end design (why not go Horst, the patent expired, whatever, just make it look or seem new and different) and nudge the geometry in the direction of the latest trends. There are too many people who are unwilling to drop $2k+ on a frame that has remained seemingly unchanged for such a long period of time.

    Ventana has the fabrication down better than the rest. With some updates (not even anything ground breaking) I think Ventana would have more business than they know what to do with.

    I am all in on aluminum frames again. I just wish I could go back in time and ride my El Rey with a DB In-line shock and the carbon wheels + the real tires we have today.

  48. #48
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk View Post
    Interesting read through this thread about the potential of Ventana getting kicked from the manufacturer forum. I had one of the first El Rey’s off the production line. I always thought it was held back by the absolute POS Fox RP3 shock that came on it. Lovely bike otherwise.

    Anyways I think Ventana has something many MTB’ers are looking for. 1) a frame that costs closer to $2K than $3k+. Seems like $3,250 is the new normal for carbon frames? 2) Reasonable weight. 3) Durable, something that won’t crack after a minor mishap.

    It seems there are more than a couple companies killing it with their aluminum frames nowadays. IMHO Ventana does aluminum better than the rest but they just need a little refresh of their designs. Hell, the EL Rey doesn’t seem to different than the one I had 11 or so years ago.

    Ventana just needs to ditch the stupid PF30 BB and go back to threaded, jump to superbooast rear axel and reimagine the rear end design (why not go Horst, the patent expired, whatever, just make it look or seem new and different) and nudge the geometry in the direction of the latest trends. There are too many people who are unwilling to drop $2k+ on a frame that has remained seemingly unchanged for such a long period of time.

    Ventana has the fabrication down better than the rest. With some updates (not even anything ground breaking) I think Ventana would have more business than they know what to do with.

    I am all in on aluminum frames again. I just wish I could go back in time and ride my El Rey with a DB In-line shock and the carbon wheels + the real tires we have today.
    Before I bought my frame Teresa did tell me that Sherwood had designed a new El Capitan with new geometry that would fit both 29/27.5+ with a boost rear end. She even emailed the geo chart to me which I posted on a Ventana forum. I was on board and planning to get one of the first ones, but they put that design on hold at that time. I was pretty bummed at first since I wasn’t super excited about getting a carbon frame to build up. I’m not sure how far out that frame is now. As small as Ventana is, I’m sure they’re more comfortable making small incremental changes to geometry than doing total redesigns.

    After ordering my Zeus, I followed other guys on the Zeus forums and built super strong, deep carbon wheels for my frame. The spokes even seem to be the same length as the ones on my Ciclón. Those with the stiff Ventana frame means I don’t miss having a boost rear at all even at my 230lbs.

    I think the current pivot placement and geometry is really great. It does seem like their linkage driven single pivot is the best it’s been now. It’s as good as any of the bikes I’d tested before buying. Even better than some
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  49. #49
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98

    Thread end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    Before I bought my frame Teresa did tell me that Sherwood had designed a new El Capitan with new geometry that would fit both 29/27.5+ with a boost rear end. She even emailed the geo chart to me which I posted on a Ventana forum. I was on board and planning to get one of the first ones, but they put that design on hold at that time. I was pretty bummed at first since I wasn’t super excited about getting a carbon frame to build up. I’m not sure how far out that frame is now. As small as Ventana is, I’m sure they’re more comfortable making small incremental changes to geometry than doing total redesigns.

    After ordering my Zeus, I followed other guys on the Zeus forums and built super strong, deep carbon wheels for my frame. The spokes even seem to be the same length as the ones on my Ciclón. Those with the stiff Ventana frame means I don’t miss having a boost rear at all even at my 230lbs.

    I think the current pivot placement and geometry is really great. It does seem like their linkage driven single pivot is the best it’s been now. It’s as good as any of the bikes I’d tested before buying. Even better than some
    I can confirm that my ciclon is very stiff in the rear department even with a 135mm axle. Sometime ago I did switch to Chrisking rear hub with fun bolts and ther is no flex at all. I did not like thr PF-30 in my new Zeus. Too much plastic that does no last. I did buy an adaptor for a Bsa hub, and I think I wont have problems in the future difficult to install but once done is fine.

  50. #50
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Had some cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I bolted some Eewings cranks to my Zeus yesterday. These things are ridiculously sexy and ridiculously light too. Felt like they weigh the same as the XO1 cranks they replaced. I’d had a few nice pedal strikes on the XO1s here on home trails which got these cranks stuck in my head. I’m pretty sure I’ll be pushing these cranks for years to come
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-cd046f06-1719-4a7d-ae70-6bbd2ed0abe3.jpeg  

    Thread end?-660cac09-a205-4b23-abe6-07ad906a379f.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  51. #51
    Villa10bos
    Reputation: Villalobos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    Had some cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I bolted some Eewings cranks to my Zeus yesterday. These things are ridiculously sexy and ridiculously light too. Felt like they weigh the same as the XO1 cranks they replaced. I’d had a few nice pedal strikes on the XO1s here on home trails which got these cranks stuck in my head. I’m pretty sure I’ll be pushing these cranks for years to come
    I will certainly buy half bike frame with the cost of those Ti Cranks...indestructible and light. Around $1,000. Thats luxury...really a nice part

  52. #52
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    I found them a little cheaper, but they were still way freakin expensive. I could have ridden my carbon cranks forever, or at least until I exploded them on a rock, but these ti cranks are super nice and now I’m laughing off pedal strikes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-3d70c77b-3339-4dca-becf-c1a412a105a1.jpg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  53. #53
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Made up some custom decals for the Zeus’ DB Inline today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-53925a52-8365-4545-94e6-da8ce14a4844.jpeg  

    Thread end?-9d04027f-913e-493a-9a83-280b925b2ca6.jpeg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,396
    those cranks are gorgeous!
    whatever...

  55. #55
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite View Post
    those cranks are gorgeous!
    Thanks...I’m enjoying them a lot
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  56. #56
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    Took the Zeus up north for a 2 week trip. Even got some trail intel from Internal14 and we had a blast. Can’t wait to get back up there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread end?-18666d64-141d-40c9-ac6c-91ea8bd269d1.jpeg  

    Thread end?-b90961fc-9466-4130-95b1-f9f30e24e325.jpeg  

    Thread end?-9da2f6f2-abad-4640-bac3-59c3ff2f3925.jpg  

    Thread end?-054cc7c1-bbd4-4016-ad96-140dcbee0b2e.jpg  

    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  57. #57
    Wanna ride bikes?
    Reputation: *OneSpeed*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,897
    Ol Bromy, props for keeping this thread alive.

    I like Ventana, no first hand experience, but I've always read good things. I think the geo on some of their bikes is a little dated but by far the most deterring thing is the website.

    The pics show QR axles all over the place and unless you look very carefully you don't even realize TA is an option. They need to update these seemingly minor things quick or they will continue to be ignored, shrink, an eventually die.

    They need to break out of the stagnant trend they're in. Updated geo, some new pics on the website, and a bit of marketing would go a long way IMO. It's a good product but needs fresh blood, they're falling behind.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

    Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

  58. #58
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    They don’t update the site often, but apparently there is a new updated Zeus and Capitan ready to roll out. They’re also busy building bikes for other brands like Squid. I’ve got a garage full of bikes and I’ve ridden several new carbon bikes...my Zeus doesn’t feel outdated. Don’t think they’ll disappear anytime soon.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  59. #59
    Wanna ride bikes?
    Reputation: *OneSpeed*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,897
    That's cool, and I respect that, but you do recognize that you contribute about 40% of the total content of this thread? You are clearly more informed than most. But that doesn't change the fact that they don't get any media attention and not much love from the masses. There's a few old timers here that appreciate the brand but Ventana is not catching the interest of new/young buyers.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

    Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

  60. #60
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    I know I post here more than others. Why do you bother to check in here? Go ride what you like
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

  61. #61
    Wanna ride bikes?
    Reputation: *OneSpeed*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Bromy View Post
    I know I post here more than others. Why do you bother to check in here? Go ride what you like
    That's an odd response, I'm on your side. I like the brand.

    I do ride what I like, and I considered Ventana on two of my last frame purchases but was put off slightly by the geometry, tire clearance, and QR pics on the website.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

    Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

  62. #62
    kk2
    kk2 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    88
    Out of boredom I roam Ventana forum from time to time. I only have seen Ventana bike once in my life. I understand it is a micro butique brand. I definitively admire the fact that it is still hand made in the USA. IMO and I hate to say it but for a brand to be relevant it has to offer carbon frames. I can only imagine the cost of entry into that market plus expertise required to lay the carbon fiber. I do hope that the brand survives.
    Pivot Mach 4C
    Trek Procliber 9.9 SL
    Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 CC
    Santa Cruz Blur 2.0 C
    Specialized Fatboy C

  63. #63
    Wanna ride bikes?
    Reputation: *OneSpeed*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,897
    Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    Out of boredom I roam Ventana forum from time to time. I only have seen Ventana bike once in my life. I understand it is a micro butique brand. I definitively admire the fact that it is still hand made in the USA. IMO and I hate to say it but for a brand to be relevant it has to offer carbon frames. I can only imagine the cost of entry into that market plus expertise required to lay the carbon fiber. I do hope that the brand survives.
    I completely disagree. There are plenty of small brands that are doing well with aluminum. Not everyone wants a carbon frame, for a variety of reasons. Price, durability, environmental impact, etc.

    My most recent trail bike purchase was intentionally an aluminum frame, for the reasons listed above and a few more.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

    Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

  64. #64
    Music & Bikes
    Reputation: fokof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,523
    Yep and it would be another " made by the same 3 shops in Taiwan" that makes 98% of carbon bikes on the market.

    Lots of Ti , CroMo , Alu builders that makes super products.
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

  65. #65
    I’ll be at Waterdog
    Reputation: Ol Bromy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    705
    I personally wasn’t very interested in carbon bikes when I was due for a new FS bike...not too excited about riding the same bikes that everyone else has either. I did ride some great carbon rigs before choosing, but I mostly looked at GG, Foes, the REEB Squeeb and Knolly before getting another Ventana. The fact that my Ciclon has been pretty much indestructible for many years ultimately helped me choose as well. I also like that they’re a small outfit doing things the way that they’re comfortable doing them. You can even get Sherwood on the phone if you have questions which is pretty great.

    The frame is super freakin stiff and the bike weighed in at 31.25lbs on my local shop’s scale after I finished building it. Not bad at all for a 21” frame considering my wife’s medium Stumpy with a carbon main triangle and ENVE wheels tips the scales at a bit over 30lbs. Plus I don’t really have to worry too much if I crash it.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

Similar Threads

  1. Older High End vs Newer Lower End
    By danpluso in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 03:42 AM
  2. Old High End vs New Lower End?
    By danpluso in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM
  3. Brake Differences Low End vs. High End
    By mtbfan2 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 06:07 PM
  4. Low End Carbon vs. High End Alluminum
    By SJKevin in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
  5. Maah Daah Hey end-2-end (105 mile) race!
    By arctic slalom in forum Great Plains - OK, KS, NE, SD, ND
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 07:12 AM

Members who have read this thread: 94

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.