Thread: Thread end?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Thread end?

have you Ventana fans seen that the Ventana forum is about to be cancelled? it's pretty obvious that it doesn't get a lot of attention, but wouldn't it be sad to see it completely dropped? i'm as guilty as any of you, but i would definitely like to see it survive. how about you?

post up something, anything.
    breezy shade

Villa10bos
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    have you Ventana fans seen that the Ventana forum is about to be cancelled? it's pretty obvious that it doesn't get a lot of attention, but wouldn't it be sad to see it completely dropped? i'm as guilty as any of you, but i would definitely like to see it survive. how about you?

No way Iíve just bought a new Zeus frame still in its box. This is a substitute to my 11 year el ciclon that it was too old but still in good order

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Not surprising.

Much of it has to do with interest in the brand, and if Ventana isn't creating new bikes, or the new bikes they do aren't of much interest to the vast majority of riders, the Manufacturer Specific Forum will be binned into "Custom Builders".

Personally, I think the Ventana seat stay angles are ugly, even if the front triangles do look more modern, but it's also the fact that despite the company keeping up with geometry trends, they aren't really getting into 29+ or 275+ full suspension bikes.

Lenz stays relevant by offering niche bikes. Guerrilla Gravity stays relevant by offering attractive, aggressive designs.

Part of the reason Ellsworth lost so much market was because they didn't update the designs or do market research to determine what consumers thought was a "sexy bike." Meanwhile they were jacking up prices.

Have you seen REEB's full suspension? Terribly ugly.

As much as people hate to say it, looks matter in this industry, and Ventana looks well, dated.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

Music & Bikes
    Another reason might be that people are very satisfied with their bikes and don't come around here to complain.

I don't think a company has to do 650 , 700 , 650+ , 700+ , FB , gravel , road bikes to survive. Do a couple , do it well.
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Specifically what do you find so ugly about it? Personally I think it looks similar to so many other FS bikes out there. That's not a compliment. Bike manufacturers can't expect to bore anybody into buying anything. I just don't see any standout good or bad thing about the Reeb -- seems to me it's an also ran. What do you see?
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Villa10bos
    "Part of the reason Ellsworth lost so much market was because they didn't update the designs"

Personally I did own an Ellsworth Id and had many issues with frame alignment, and brake noise. I spend much time looking for solutions in their forum... not so with my Ventana El Ciclon. I had issues, but for changing suspension bearings after some time of use. I did ask Ventana Service directly, great service really. This is a great brand

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Getting rid of this forum is a mistake. Ventana has been around since the 80s; they still make desirable bikes; and I'm pretty sure Ventana supplies tubing for other bike brands. My impression is that Sherwood/Ventana is one of the pioneer manufacturers of this industry.

mtbr member
    It would be cool to own a Ventana. They are local to me. Before starting his business, Sherwood worked at my current employer. Some of the old timers here remember him fondly.

fraid of heights
    Totally wanted a Ventana back in the day, just couldn't afford one! Would be nice to see some design updates, once piece rockers, updated stays, tire clearance, metric shocks, drop outs, etc.

Ventana is a great brand!!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Everytime you ride in mud, god kills a kitten.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post

Interesting. Where did you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Not surprising.

Much of it has to do with interest in the brand, and if Ventana isn't creating new bikes, or the new bikes they do aren't of much interest to the vast majority of riders, the Manufacturer Specific Forum will be binned into "Custom Builders".

Personally, I think the Ventana seat stay angles are ugly, even if the front triangles do look more modern, but it's also the fact that despite the company keeping up with geometry trends, they aren't really getting into 29+ or 275+ full suspension bikes.

Lenz stays relevant by offering niche bikes. Guerrilla Gravity stays relevant by offering attractive, aggressive designs.

Part of the reason Ellsworth lost so much market was because they didn't update the designs or do market research to determine what consumers thought was a "sexy bike." Meanwhile they were jacking up prices.

As much as people hate to say it, looks matter in this industry, and Ventana looks well, dated.
    Funny. IMO, Lenz and GG make some of the ugliest bikes out there. Iím not a big fan of the newer Ventana frames either, but they donít look terrible. I think GG stays more relevant due to the community they have created over the bikes, but I have not ridden a Guerrilla Gravity bike yet.

I wonder where Ventana is with the updated El Capitan that was talked about earlier this year?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

fc Ventana comment

Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    Interesting. Where did you see this?

============================
    Rider Passion & Stories Forum, Forum Improvements- feedback?, page 2, thread #53, last sentence
    ============================

Funny. IMO, Lenz and GG make some of the ugliest bikes out there. Iím not a big fan of the newer Ventana frames either, but they donít look terrible. I think GG stays more relevant due to the community they have created over the bikes, but I have not ridden a Guerrilla Gravity bike yet.

I wonder where Ventana is with the updated El Capitan that was talked about earlier this year?
    see above
    breezy shade