mtbr member
    May 2008

RockShox Reba Team 29er Fork

Anybody out there running a new Reba 29 100mm, 120mm or 120 U-Turn?

I've heard some grumblings about them having issues. I'm building an El Rey and would like the 120 U-Turn. Feedback/Input appreciated.

Thanks.

*Also posted in Suspension Forum

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I'm running the 29er Team 120 Maxle on my DWL Sultan and it has been fantabulous. The only hiccup was that the floodgate knob was stuck. Removed the knob from the shaft, used a small crescent wrench to grip the flat on the shaft and turned it to free it up. Put knob back on, and everything else has been great.

not so super...
    There were a few reports of off-center lowers and some with creaks but it seems that RS is handling the claims and sending replacements.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks. I like RockShox and my Pike so I will take my chances with a Reba Team 29er.

Proud lame eBiker
    I'm running a Reba Team 120 U-Turn on my Choochoo(Chucho) and loving it so far. It feels like it has a better stroke than the Fox I rode on the demo bike, resists bottoming well...actually that's been one point I've been working on, finding the lowest air before bottoming.
    I do notice, in the parking lot test, the fork diving backwards under heavy front breaking, but on the trail I have not felt it or noticed any deflecting side to side much more than what I'd expect out of this fork. It's on par, I feel, stiffness wise, with the Fox.

I've had no issues to note.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    I'm running a Reba Team 120 U-Turn on my Choochoo(Chucho) and loving it so far. It feels like it has a better stroke than the Fox I rode on the demo bike, resists bottoming well...actually that's been one point I've been working on, finding the lowest air before bottoming.
    I do notice, in the parking lot test, the fork diving backwards under heavy front breaking, but on the trail I have not felt it or noticed any deflecting side to side much more than what I'd expect out of this fork. It's on par, I feel, stiffness wise, with the Fox.

I've had no issues to note.
    Mine will go on an El Rey with 4" rockers so it will probably be dialed down to 100-110 most of the time. Have you used yours dialed down for extended periods?

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue
    Mine will go on an El Rey with 4" rockers so it will probably be dialed down to 100-110 most of the time. Have you used yours dialed down for extended periods?
    Yeah I've used the wind down feature a bunch for climbing and one day I rode with it in the 100-105 range on some rolling fast not bumpy trails. No issues.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Certified Moots Whore...
    I have both of the 2009 Reba Team forks with Maxle. One is the Uturn version and the other is set at 80mm. The Uturn had a bad air cartridge that was quickly fixed by sram. Both are running great. I usually ride my uturn at 105mm for everyday trail riding and it hasn't been a problem, but 120mm sure does feel good on the downhill...

mtbr member
    I bought the new Reba U-turn 29r and I could not get it to extend to 120 travel. Then it started making noises after two rides. I took it back to my LBS and they did some test per Sram tech. The fork turned out to be defective and had to go back to Sram. My LBS recomended based on past experience with the old model that the non U-turn model may be more reliable. Based on that and the fact that travel adjust suprisingly didn't really improve anything for me. I had Sram convert the fork to non u-turn. The fork is going on the bike tomorrow so hopefully it's as good as they say.

Members who have read this thread: 0