Tame the Penguin!

Madhatter X5 w/6 inch rockers....

Rumor has it that Larry at Mountain High Cyclery has a semi-custom madhatter X5 w/6 inch rockers on his display wall. Come on Larry, don't be stinjy with the frame pics......

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro
    Rumor has it that Larry at Mountain High Cyclery has a semi-custom madhatter X5 w/6 inch rockers on his display wall. Come on Larry, don't be stinjy with the frame pics......

Awww...comeon Larry. What's the deal? Word has it you've got the shwag and your not sharing with the MTBR brotheren. Just a couple photos of the Madhatter....Please???

Tame the Penguin!
    Awww...comeon Larry. What's the deal? Word has it you've got the shwag and your not sharing with the MTBR brotheren. Just a couple photos of the Madhatter....Please???

All Right....that's it....you've pushed me too far. I dare you....no....NO....I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to post photos of that Madhatter beast.

Rumor has it that you are putting it together with a Rohloff Speedhub and a Maverick fork. Is that freakin' true????

Tame the Penguin!

Apparently not enough of a dare

All Right....that's it....you've pushed me too far. I dare you....no....NO....I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to post photos of that Madhatter beast.
    Some people just don't respond to 'Double Dog Dares' once they are out of gradeschool.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Some people just don't respond to 'Double Dog Dares' once they are out of gradeschool.
    Musta been a top secret Mad Hatter X-5 he was building for the CIA or something.

Bodhisattva
    I've seen that purple beauty and the Rolhoff bling-bling. Still waiting to feast my eyes on the Mav.
    So what was the end result with your Blade?

Tame the Penguin!

Johnny Law doing overtime

Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    I've seen that purple beauty and the Rolhoff bling-bling. Still waiting to feast my eyes on the Mav.
    So what was the end result with your Blade?
    Hey Squeak,

The Mavericks should be in this next week so stay tuned.

The Switchblade is in my garage chained to the wall. As you may or may not have heard, I recovered it and the police left it in my charge until the case is completed. We have good news in the effect that the guy that was riding the 'Blade when I stumbled across it, fingered the guy we've believed all along actually stole it. So, the case is hopefully making progress in that I can one day have a conversation with an insurance company and see if I can't buy it back from them. Since they've already paid out, I'm basically just holding it for them unless I can work some sort of a deal with them. Keep your fingers crossed.

--El Beastro

Bodhisattva
    Yeah, I heard about the on-trail apprehension. It happened the last time I was out in Loveland. Nice to hear that everything is coming together & the scum got ratted.
    Looking forward to riding with you & the Purple Beastro in 3.5 weeks when I permanently arrive.

As soon as Larry gets that rig going please post your impressions on the 6" rocker & Mav. One of those Mavs has my name on it & I'm still deciding between the long travel X-5 & El Chamuco.

Feeding your addiction
    All right, all right, quit your beetchin Here's a few shots of the new rig. Madhatter (custom) finish, 6" travel, waiting impatiently to don a Maverick fork and Rohloff Speedhub.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Tame the Penguin!

Now...the million dollar question.

I believe the question on a lot of people's minds is "So how much different is Madhatter over the standard Venatana blue powdercoat"?

With the help of a couple of pics I borrowed from another thread, we can all see for ourselves. Now granted, lighting and camera setting may be different but we should get a good idea on the differences.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feeding your addiction
    I believe the question on a lot of people's minds is "So how much different is Madhatter over the standard Venatana blue powdercoat"?

With the help of a couple of pics I borrowed from another thread, we can all see for ourselves. Now granted, lighting and camera setting may be different but we should get a good idea on the differences.
    I have a blue one in the shop too, could take a pic today of both together.
    Larry Mettler
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    I have a blue one in the shop too, could take a pic today of both together.
    Larry Mettler
    Sweet....we look forward to seeing it.