mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Like a screaming banschee

Stupid El Salt still vibrates every time you apply the rear brake. That's what happens with garage engineering. CANNOT wait to get my Santa Cruz....I post pics of destroying this POS once and for all!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMyNameisMax View Post
    Stupid El Salt still vibrates every time you apply the rear brake. That's what happens with garage engineering. CANNOT wait to get my Santa Cruz....I post pics of destroying this POS once and for all!!
    Vibration in your rear brake is a frame issue???, ok. Plenty of people here to help with any issues you might have.

Mighty strange way to start a thread. Def looks like your trollin.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I wonder if a backwards rotor would cause that?

mtbr member
    Subscribed with loads of popcorn. Definitely would not call Sheerwoods' creations "garage" engineering, even if he did do the creating in a garage.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    It's the rear triangle....has done it with multiple sets of disc brakes and this is by no means my first MTN bike......just my first and last Ventana. Search this forum. Tons of complaints about this issue and your precious Sherman (lol) has never stepped up to resolve the problem.

It was originally shipped with the wrong cable guides....had to send frame back. Then the frame cracked due to poor welding....had to send it back to get a new frame..now the moaning. At least other people know when I am approaching.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Oh...I lost my other username. Search for MCF or MCF34 and you will see my posts about the bike.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by bervin View Post
    Def looks like your trollin.
    Starts and ends there, he's MCF from before. Not here to listen or try anything other than bitch and moan.
    Been thru this before, we tried to help. He doesn't want it, he just wants to blame someone. I'm sure he'll reply with some sort of personal attack on me, since that's the level he's dropped to already.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Please link to one thread trying to help remedy this issue. I've wrapped the chainstay with a tube as suggested. No help. Changed brakes twice. No help. Greased and re-torqued everthing. No help. Glad to see the last few Ventanophiles are as loyal as ever....lol. They need to be seeing how this forum (and Ventana sales) have plummeted.

This thread is the most action this forum has seen in a month. What does that say?

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    . CANNOT wait to get my Santa Cruz....I post pics of destroying this POS once and for all!![/QUOTE]
    So where are the pics? you started the thread weeks ago, finish it off.

mtbr member
    I hope you brake fewer Santa Cruze products than my riding buddy. Ventana has a somewhat simple suspension design which seems more dependent on the platform shock than others but I've never heard of the issue you're having before.

Never enough time to ride
    Hmmm, brake vibrations like this are tough because there are so many things that can cause the issue. I've helped customers work through it in the past, solutions have ranged from something as simple as torqueing down the hardware after applying loctite, switching to a thicker or just different adapter. Swapping to a different style rotor or changing from center lock to 6 bolt mounting (or vice versa). Brake pad compound changes are also another simple and common solution. Loose axles, wheel bearings or skewers are another cause. Centerlock to 6 bolt adapters are another wonderful complication.

The most common cause that I've come across, however, is caliper alignment, this is especially true for 4 piston brakes. Having the caliper even slightly twisted can cause a horendous vibration because its actually twisting the rotor and causing pulsing in the brake pads and pistons.

All that being said, one of the worst cases that I had to work on was on a first generation Trek Fuel EX ABP bike. I spent probably 3 weeks working with the customer trying to find the solution. I even picked the brains of some of their top tech guys and the only thing we could come up with was a tolerance thing. There just happened to be this perfect combination of tube thickness tolerances that was causing a harmonic vibration with the brake. I had heard of it happening on other bikes, but never dealt with it before. It was one of those instances where the perfect storm occured and it can't be predicted. We did get it solved by replacing the seat stays, they were recalled any way due to the stays failing right above the brake mount.

Knowing your set up and what has been tried and didn't work, or what has been tried and made even a little difference (or made it worse) would be a lot more helpful than just popping in and firing off a bunch of angry drivel.

Happy trails...

Josh

P.S. The lower link on all generations of the S.C VPP linkage, including the current one, is very prone to collecting dirt, moisture and creaking like crazy unless given a ton of attention. This is what kept me from getting a Highline.
    Get out and ride!

I’ll be at Waterdog
    Whatever happened to the pics of the destroyed Salty? Been like 5 months. Should just sell it cheap to one of us looking for a new Ventana for the buy back value.
    “We bring Saturdays” ~ Josh Homme

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    If anyone wants to buy it PM me! I send pics with all the details.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    If anyone wants to buy it PM me! I send pics with all the details.
    Please following through with your initial statement of busting up your Ventana! A lot of us want to see your words put into action......otherwise it's starting to appear you have questionable credibility!. Especially now you want to sell it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    [QUOTE=mtnbiker4life;13685410]Please following through with your initial statement of busting up your Ventana! A lot of us want to see your words put into action......otherwise it's starting to appear you have questionable credibility!. Especially now you want to sell it!

Agreed!!!

You started this thread guns a blazin, emerge from your parents basement and finish it.

I’ll be at Waterdog
    I bet he’s still riding it

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Nope not riding it..haven't ridden it since September. But the components are worth someone if someone wants to take it. Otherwise i will strip it down and take a hack saw to the frame. It will be the second Ventana I've owned that went from a one piece front triangle to a two piece front triangle. The first POS cracked at a poor weld while riding. Just look back at some old posts. You will see the pics. In addition, the first one had to be sent back the day I received it because the cable guides were on top of the top tube instead of the bottom as agreed with Ventana. Quality stuff here guys!!!!

I’ll be at Waterdog
    ^Strange...I’m getting a new Ventana next month and keeping my old one.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Nope not riding it..haven't ridden it since September. But the components are worth someone if someone wants to take it. Otherwise i will strip it down and take a hack saw to the frame. It will be the second Ventana I've owned that went from a one piece front triangle to a two piece front triangle. The first POS cracked at a poor weld while riding. Just look back at some old posts. You will see the pics. In addition, the first one had to be sent back the day I received it because the cable guides were on top of the top tube instead of the bottom as agreed with Ventana. Quality stuff here guys!!!!
    You apparently have a beef against Ventana.....So strip it down and lets see some action. The time for action is now.....do it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I will, when I choose too....all in good time. All in good time. Thinking hacksaw, a little torch action....

I’ll be at Waterdog
    Mine never made any noise...but then again I set up my brakes correctly

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'd like to buy it when you're done cuttin' it up & cookin' it

PM me for price
    I will, when I choose too....all in good time. All in good time. Thinking hacksaw, a little torch action....
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    May 2006
    For me this is so very simple,I can not for the life of me understand how you could ever have love for bikes or just interest and not completely understand and respect what Ventana has brought to the cycling industry..I will always have a place in my heart for Ventana,,and Turner..CF.

I’ll be at Waterdog
    Keep your eyes peeled. First sign of any issue with whatever he’s riding now and I’m sure he’ll start complaining about that brand too