Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help DHX air on ET

666 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ciclistagonzo 
#1 ·
Just bought a 07 DHX air for my terramoto and need help tuning it. I weigh 190lbs and ride aggressive.

#2 ·
rodeoclown said:
Just bought a 07 DHX air for my terramoto and need help tuning it. I weigh 190lbs and ride aggressive.
I don't know of anyone running that shock on the TM off the top of my head, and I haven't run one period (because I like coil).

So, have you mounted/ridden it yet? If so, what were your settings?

I would start by running setting your PSI so that you get 30% sag, reasonable rebound and turn in that bottom adjustment in half-way, due to the falling rate at the end of suspension stroke. PP 5 clicks.

#3 ·
Yeah like CZ mentions, few if anybody rides the TMo with the DHX Air. Just not a good combo, as the DHX tends to ride in its' midstroke already and the kinetics of the TMo suspension make it feel like it wallows. Hate to break that to you AFTER you bought the shock.

#4 ·
Thanks, I was hoping to save some weight & tune it for different types of riding (trail,pump track,mild dj) you know...more like the one bike. I've done one ride with dhx air and noticed the wallowing effect. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I should have asked the forum when I started thinking about it. Thanks for the input.:madman:

#5 ·
Yeah, really hard to get around that mid-stroke wallow. More Bottom out as in turning it at least 1/2 way as CZ mentions if not more will help the bottom out.

I've heard positive reviews of High Volume RP23's Maybe trying to sell the DAir and getting one of those will get you closer to what you were going for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.