Headbadge. Remove and Replace. Anyone know?- Mtbr.com
    No known cure

Headbadge. Remove and Replace. Anyone know?

I want to rehab the front triangle with new powder. Is there a proper way to remove and replace the headbadge? I know I can order a new badge but I'd rather save my perfect one.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Cycologist
    That's all going to depend on what you have, some are decals, some are glued on dimensional and some are screwed on.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    That's all going to depend on what you have, some are decals, some are glued on dimensional and some are screwed on.
    This seems to be riveted on. I dont want to pull the fork to look inside the head tube to see whats going on since the bike is perfect and silent.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Correct, it's riveted, you have to carefully drill out the rivet and you should be able to take the headbadge off.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    This seems to be riveted on. I dont want to pull the fork to look inside the head tube to see whats going on since the bike is perfect and silent.
    The fork will need to be pulled to powder coat the frame.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

No known cure
    The fork will need to be pulled to powder coat the frame.
    I know that lol. I didnt want to pull the fork to examine the inside of the rivets. This would be done after the riding/racing season.

Cycologist
    Just saw this is in the Ventana forum, I was wondering why you hadn't mentioned what kind of bike it was.

No known cure
    Just saw this is in the Ventana forum, I was wondering why you hadn't mentioned what kind of bike it was.
    2010 Ventana El Ciclon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Headbadge. Remove and Replace. Anyone know?-bzz-011-800x594-.jpg  

always licking the glass
    2010 Ventana El Ciclon
    When I had my Ciclon, I had a custom head badge installed. The original head badge was left intact after the rivets were carefully removed. The rivets are unusable afterward, but it shouldn't be an issue to do that and maintain the head badge.

CEO Product Failure
    Just an FYI, I believe Ventana offers a frame refurbishing service. If you're interested in bring it back to like-new, I'd call Teresa or Sherwood.

Proud lame eBiker
    This right here. Seriously! Cant' be beat!!! And they have many many colors to choose from.

Let them do the work. Less chance of someone goofing something up.

Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    Just an FYI, I believe Ventana offers a frame refurbishing service. If you're interested in bring it back to like-new, I'd call Teresa or Sherwood.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

No known cure
    I contacted Ventana via thier website. Specifically from the refurbishing page. That was five weeks ago without a response. In the end I buffed out the frame and had some die cut stickers made up. Amazingly, after seven seasons, the quad bearings had no pitting or grittiness so I cleaned them out and repacked them. Living in the desert has its advantages.

always licking the glass
    I contacted Ventana via thier website. Specifically from the refurbishing page. That was five weeks ago without a response. In the end I buffed out the frame and had some die cut stickers made up. Amazingly, after seven seasons, the quad bearings had no pitting or grittiness so I cleaned them out and repacked them. Living in the desert has its advantages.
    Are they still around? They don't update that website at all and have minimal social media traffic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    Are they still around? They don't update that website at all and have minimal social media traffic.
    Yes, they are still around and doing very well. True, website has not been updated in a LONG time but are still pumping out fantastic bikes.

Shoot them a call (they will answer or call you back) or email Teresa direct [email protected]

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    That is odd, I will let them know that the website didn't get the message thru. That is definitely not like the V-crew to not respond.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciclistagonzo View Post
    That is odd, I will let them know that the website didn't get the message thru. That is definitely not like the V-crew to not respond.
    I know better and should've called. When I ordered the front triangle, with custom angles and options, and custom paint, I had a package waiting for me three weeks later and that was over the Christmas holiday. I've been super busy lately though.