El Chamuco... what's it worth??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

El Chamuco... what's it worth??

Not looking to skirt the $2 ad fee, I could use some input before posting a for sale ad here on the forum....

I'm selling my El Chamuco. If you look at the build thread my original post in in that thread (6th post on page 1). I've been in and out of MTB riding since then so the bike has seen much more limited use than the age might suggest.

Of course, the bike has had many updates since then but at least you get the idea.

Anyone out there give me some input as to where to start? Frame/Manitou SPV coil rear, Sherman SPV coil fork (just a few rides since rebuild), <6 month old King headset, thomson post.

Anyone???
    Last edited by TomFL; 10-13-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Unfortunately the used bike market is tuff, it seems that buyers want brand new bikes for nearly free. Any bike that is older it's going to be hard to get any real value out of it. However, I always look at it this way, with Ventana's 30% trade-in discount the frames have a protected value. Take the avg suspension frame Ventana; ~$2200 x 30% = $660 value of your current frame. Now decide what you want for your parts. Hope this helps a little.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Was thinking about that angle but didn't know if they still did that. Thanks for posting that's very cool.

I've had some input off-forum and I think I'm going to list it around half that so someone has a choice in owning a great bike or buying it and trading it in on a new one and doubling their money. I'll post a link to the ad here.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.