Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001

Dang it was cold this weekend in Norcal..

But the intrepid souls of the Ventana Clan still rode..

Woke up to Frost on the truck, but we rode anyway.

Nothing too exciting, still working on the different camera mounts.
    Hopefuly I get it figured out and get more vids for you all.

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=4966500899323475711&hl=en&f s=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>
    Last edited by Ciclistagonzo; 12-16-2008 at 04:17 PM.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

mtbr member
    May 2006
    It was -18 here yesterday. (-36 with wind chill).
    -Tough riding weather to say the least.

Proud lame eBiker
    Oh yeah it was ccccccold this past weekend.
    We rode Auburn Sunday morning. Got the first hour without rain or any form of precipitation. Then around 10:45 it started sleeting a bit when we were heading up the Connector. By teh time we hit the end of Connector we were experiencing snow flurries. And about halfway around one side of the Upper Loop, we turned around and headed for warmer climates. Boy, it was soooo cold coming downhill from the big oak tree down along the river back to the truck. Brrrrrrrr.
    It's funny, but Ventana riders must be hardcore, cause we ran into no less than 5 other Ventana's on the trail, not to mention the two in our group. And we saw about 8 people total besides ourselves. Everyone else, the fairer weather riders?, were not out on teh trails.
    We got snow on this side of the valley this morning for a little more than an hour. brrrrr!! And it's supposed to be colder tomorrow. Wondering if I can sack-up enough to go ahead with a night ride tomorrow night.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Phase
    It was -18 here yesterday. (-36 with wind chill).
    -Tough riding weather to say the least.
    Ya know....there are things that will transport humans out of those elements. Like, pack up yer house and get outta there, mother nature is trying to tell you she don't want you there no longer.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Team Fearless Descender
    Aaron,

Hey, I'm hearing your rear hub freewheel too much! What, are you having to cost a lot so those slowpokes Steve, Dustin, and Sherwood can keep up?

Fun stuff man!

Heck, its even cold down here in sunny socal. Burrrrrr...
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    [QUOTE=El Salt]Aaron,

I'm hearing your rear hub freewheel too much! What, are you having to coast a lot so those slowpokes Steve, Dustin, and Sherwood can keep up?

QUOTE]

Of course!! Well that and I had to show off My Pro II Hub that Chad hooked me up with!
    (Red Barn Rocks!)

But with Myke reporting Snow in the upper Valley (Myke lives about 30-40 minutes north of me and a predicted overnight low of mid 20's, there is such a thing as too cold, or as a friend of Steve and I likes to say... "It's piss in your pants to stay warm, cold!"
    -Aaron G.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Everyone else, the fairer weather riders?, were not out on teh trails.
    Yeah, we were at home with the flu Day 6.......still no appetite and forcing myself to eat

I would much rather be mtn biking in the freezing cold then...........
    Last edited by mtnbiker4life; 12-16-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Proud lame eBiker
    Oh man, sorry to hear about the flu attack man. That sounds like no fun at all. Get yourself better, you got nine more days to get better before the phat man gets stuck in your chimeny.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    LOL! Go ahead, but don't complain when you have to ride this....
    On you Peso Mosqua!

The video was just a small tiny sample of what's out there...!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Aaron G.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Dec 2001
    Good year round unless it's JUST after a rain. (as in the next day)
    -Aaron G.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ya know....there are things that will transport humans out of those elements. Like, pack up yer house and get outta there, mother nature is trying to tell you she don't want you there no longer.
    That's what I keep hearing

Homey don't play that!
    I don't know if it was hardcore or just new bike wood. It was Jan., I had a new bike, what the ****. It was fuuuuuun and cooooold.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Old age and treachery will always win over youth and exuberance.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes
    Ooo.. El Tigre wants!!! Is that place good to ride in January?
    Unfortunatley at Granit Bay January starts thr TBF racing season, Sat and Sun are often scheduled for events bouncing the public off the course. Check the TBF home page prior to driving up here or you may be disapointed. TBF does have some fun XC events if you want to ride them, fast smooth single track with water crossings. They also do a few Triathalons and I think a few cyclo X races.
    You would enjoy Granit Bay and Russ would also, many of the trails have an optional route that hooks back up to the main trail after a little rock garden or granit bolder playtime or bypass it and stay on the fast and smooth.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt
    Aaron,

Hey, I'm hearing your rear hub freewheel too much! What, are you having to cost a lot so those slowpokes Steve, Dustin, and Sherwood can keep up?

Fun stuff man!

Heck, its even cold down here in sunny socal. Burrrrrr...
    Uhh, El Salt, that wasn't his hub, it was so cold he was shivering and his nads were clacking together!!!!

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by winchboy
    Unfortunatley at Granit Bay January starts thr TBF racing season, Sat and Sun are often scheduled for events bouncing the public off the course.
    Screw TBF.......TBF are trail parasites.....they are terrible stewards of that trail system. I've had many conversation with TBF officials regarding trail clean up after their events......my conclusion is they pay trail usage fees and that's where their responsibility ends. They Suck

Members who have read this thread: 0