Trails near Geneva Area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Trails near Geneva Area

Later this year I will in this area (Chamonix, Chatel, Les Arcs, Les Gets, Morzine) with my wife. I am sure I can find some great trails at any of these locations for me and my Enduro but I am wondering where would be best for some easier, less technical trails that I can ride together with my wife - Stumpjumper hardtail compatible. She rides mostly XC but would ride a blue or maybe an easy red. Nothing that needs full face, pads, etc. Any suggestions?
    SPESH: Euduro Expert Carbon 29er '14; STUMPJUMPERS FSR Comp Carbon 6Fattie '17; 29er HT Comp '13; FSR Pro '07; HT Pro '02

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not sure if you've completed this trip or not by this time. If so, where did you ride?

mtbr member
    No, not yet. Have some feedback from friends and am leaning towards Chamonix...
    SPESH: Euduro Expert Carbon 29er '14; STUMPJUMPERS FSR Comp Carbon 6Fattie '17; 29er HT Comp '13; FSR Pro '07; HT Pro '02

mtbr member
    Well in the end we did some XC together in the Black Forest,near Lake Geneva, and elsewhere in France; then I did some downhill trails in Les Gets and Morzine.
    Even the green trails at Les Gets and Morzine were quite technical, not really suitable for a leisure rider on a HT.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hello. I am going to be in Geneva on Wednesday morning. I would like to do some cycling. I would really like to ride in the mountains. I would prefer to mountain bike, but road cycling is all I have been able to do lately.
    I would need to rent / hire a bike and helmet. Would anyone be to suggest a good shop with good bikes?
    And would anyone like to ride Wednesday day, Thursday morning, or Saturday day?
    And I am open for suggestions for a simple clean hotelroom for Saturday night .
    Thank you
    Steve