Spa Resort w/ Mtn. Biking, Western U.S., mid-October?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Spa Resort w/ Mtn. Biking, Western U.S., mid-October?

Group trip from Boise with several that want a fancy spa resort and several that want to Mtn. Bike, in mid-October, within a long 1 day drive preferably, or maybe a direct flight. Suggestions, please. Sorrel Ranch in Moab, Red Mountain in St. George, UT? Too late in the year for Park City or Tahoe? Anything in Bend, OR? Enchantment in Sedona or Tuscon, AZ (a little too far to drive, maybe)? If anyone has done this type of combo Spa / mtn biking trip out West, I would love to hear about it. Thank you.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Ooooh... I like your style.

There's a spa in Sisters, OR about 20 miles from Bend that's adjacent to the Peterson Ridge trail network. October in Central Oregon is usually pretty sweet.

https://fivepinelodge.com

mtbr member
    Enchantment + Sedona. Best option.
    14 hour drive or fly to Phoenix and drive the rest.
    Enchantment feels somewhat "isolated" for Sedona, meaning you can avoid a lot of the tourist traffic(save for your fellow tourists at Enchantment) and just base in the Enchantment zone. You can also ride many trails from the resort.

mtbr member
    I know you’re from Boise and October may be too late for Sun Valley ( maybe you ride there all the time), but we just returned from there and wow, what an embarrassment of riches. Good stuff. And with the upscale populace I’m sure there are some nice spas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I appreciate the tips, never would have found that place in Sisters, OR. But KRob, once you’ve ridden in Idaho, shhhh, nothing here but potatoes...
    But yeah, SV is pretty ok. Headed there this weekend. Curious, did u have a favorite ride?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KMalo View Post
    I appreciate the tips, never would have found that place in Sisters, OR. But KRob, once you’ve ridden in Idaho, shhhh, nothing here but potatoes...
    But yeah, SV is pretty ok. Headed there this weekend. Curious, did u have a favorite ride?
    I’m always a little surprised that Sun Valley doesn’t get mentioned more in trip destination threads. Keeping it on DL.

Hard to pick a favorite. The views from the top of Greenhorn/Imperial were spectacular and the descent delivered as promised.

We shuttled Oregon, Curly’s, and Alden in the evenings. All fantastic but Alden was off the chart.

Eve’s Gulch then back down via Forbidden Fruit also great fun.

Favorite backcountry ride (and my favorite of the trip)was Pioneer Cabin/Johnstone/Bear/Parker. Tough day, but so much diversity and beautiful views and screaming fun descending. Johnstone more raw semi tech and Parker fast and furious.

We ended up spending a day in Hailey while Ed Schwab’s had my truck (a tire fell victim to East Fork Baker Creek road) and had a surprisingly good time out at Croy Creek.

So much more we didn’t get to, not to mention all the stuff up in Stanley and Galena Summit. We’ll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Ride the Rat PAC in Roslyn, WA, stay in Suncadia.