Planning a MTB trip out of state. From Michigan- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2016

Planning a MTB trip out of state. From Michigan

Hi guy, i'm new to the forum. But me and my brother just got into mountain biking year and were loving every second of it! Anyway my brother is getting married in may so i want to plan a mountain bike trip with him and our friend who goes with us before he gets married. We are from Michigan and have rode just about every major trail that is not in the upper peninsula. we want to plan a trip somewhere... you know, with actual mountains! were do you guys think the best state to do that would be? originally i was thinking Utah or Colorado. but if there is mountains somewhere closer that has mountain bike trails i would rather go there. We are willing to make the drive to somewhere like Utah sense it is such a special occasion but figured i would see what you guys have to say. for all i know there could be some crazy mountain biking trails only half the distance away. i haven't really explored the U.S. that much so i don't know where there is and where there isn't mountains. any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Wandervans
    Come visit us in Idaho. We have lots of great trails without a lot of people. Check out my recent write-up: https://www.wandervans.com/new-blog-...6/8/flowcation

Drop me an email at [email protected] and we would be happy to help you plan your trip to Idaho!
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Hermit
    West Virginia has mountains, and amazing trails too. Hit the Monogahela Nat'l Forest IMBA Epics, and then cross over into western VA and ride some of the great trails there.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Normally I wouldn't hesitate to say "go west young man" but based on your comments, I'd say go to North Carolina (looks like a 13-14 hour drive) or even check out the Brown County State Park area in Indiana which is obviously much closer. I've never been there but it is VERY highly rated by those who ride it and take the time to post their experiences at MTB Project dot com.... Brown County State Park - IMBA Epic Mountain Bike Trail, Nashville, Indiana
    Carpe Diem!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Maybe a bit late but I have to reply to this. From what you are stating it seems like Western NC is the place. Easy location to get to and easy on the wallet. You have best riding in the East coast, scenery, beer and a very happening place to put together a memorable trip. Hotels can be a bit pricey this time of year but a lot of camping options. Base your trip out of either Asheville or Brevard area; there are great spots farther west but for this I think you start there.

I'm bored at work so here is a sample day. Ride Dupont State Forest epic ride ( on MTB project), head to The Hub for beer and food trucks. Ride Mills River - wash creek>spencer branch>fletcher creek. Head to Sierra Nevada's brewery next door to see the most spectacular brewery you can imagine. Ride bent creek and head to Asheville's 26 breweries. Ride pisgah and just drink. Get my point?

Go on NC forum here because as for rides, it has all been asked and posted on that forum. Just google.

As for brown county, Been there and I will strongly suggest that the extra hours in the car are immeasurable worth it.